Perfect Gem Cuts - Not getting any?

Was there some sort of hotfix to the proc rate for perfect gems? I've noticed recently that I get far fewer than I did earlier in MoP. For example, I just cut 60 Radiant Alexandrites without getting a single perfect cut. In the first week or so of MoP I was getting around 15-20% perfect cuts...

Anyone else experiencing this same thing, or am I just getting horribly unlucky?

Nope, its down around 5% now

Quote Originally Posted by Ramman View Post
    Nope, its down around 5% now
    Was this in the hotfix notes somewhere, or did they just ninja this one in? Seems ridiculous that they finally make perfect cuts actually useful, then they nerf the hell out of the proc chance, though that is pretty well in line with Blizzard decision-making processes.

I've cut thousands of gems for perfects and I wouldn't say the rate has changed any. Just did a batch last night and the rate seemed to be the same.

I would estimate the rate at 10%.

60 cuts is really nothing. It's definitely on the unlucky side of RNG to get 0 perfects from that, but it's not really statistically significant. It's no different then when you see xmute alchemists claiming that the rates changed because they've xmuted 15 living steels since the xpac hit and it has never proc'd. It's just the way the RNG falls sometimes.

I usually get about 1 in 10. So yeah its about 10%. Sometimes you have to cut 100 to get 10 perfects though. Its not a big deal as your going to be using those gems everytime you upgrade from now until epic gems come out.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Krimson View Post
    I've cut thousands of gems for perfects and I wouldn't say the rate has changed any. Just did a batch last night and the rate seemed to be the same.

I would estimate the rate at 10%.

60 cuts is really nothing. It's definitely on the unlucky side of RNG to get 0 perfects from that, but it's not really statistically significant. It's no different then when you see xmute alchemists claiming that the rates changed because they've xmuted 15 living steels since the xpac hit and it has never proc'd. It's just the way the RNG falls sometimes.
    10% is a large change from what it was a few days ago, when I was getting closer to 20% perfects on much larger sample sizes (and have been since perfect cuts were introduced to the game all those years ago).

I've been getting about a 5% rate on perfect gems after cutting at least a couple hundred

Even at 5%, it's worth it. With raw's selling for under a gold each, and Vendor cut for 85s I'll keep playing the odds.

I did a couple of hundred yesterday, ended with around 13% perfect cuts.

10% seems accurate. I have a personal record of 9.3% over 2,400+ gems.

Deleted
    whats the price of raw green gems in your server?

For you guys what gems seem to be selling for a profit? All I'm seeing is no gold made.

Quote Originally Posted by daslops View Post
    For you guys what gems seem to be selling for a profit? All I'm seeing is no gold made.
    Gems aren't really selling at all on my server, unless you sit around undercutting the undercutters all day, and I'm not even sure how much they're selling.
    I guess it could pick up later, but with the easily available ore and the general low number of sockets in gear I'm not expecting much this tier.
    For now I'm just using JC for my own stuff and for helping my guild.

Most of my JC Gold is coming from perfect cuts, believe it or not. Depending on the color, 1 perfect per 20-30 cuts will make a profit while Rare gems sell for more uncut... and if they're not, you'll be undercut to below cost within 20 minutes of listing.

Perfects on the other hand, have less competition, so while they sell for less than rare's, they're more likely to sell.

It's not making me rich by any means, but managing 1-2k a day (profit) which will have to suffice for now. My Enchanter's not doing any better, nor is my alchemist... infact I think they only prof killing it at the moment is Inscription and only if you have the patience/luck to flip DM Cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenophontos View Post
    whats the price of raw green gems in your server?
    About 80s when they're cheap. People are dumb. I just buy them all and cut for perfects (vendoring the uncommon) or make rings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by morfraen View Post
    About 80s when they're cheap. People are dumb. I just buy them all and cut for perfects (vendoring the uncommon) or make rings.
    I see.

On my server the raw gems go for 1-3g; the problem is that perfect cuts are worth 11-20g -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Xenophontos View Post
    I see.

On my server the raw gems go for 1-3g; the problem is that perfect cuts are worth 11-20g -.-
    Ugh, need more people to clue in that perfect is the same stats as rare. Perfect are a lot closer to rare cuts than that here, 50-200g. Still the odd idiot that dumps them for 5g, so I just snag those and vendor or repost. Same with cut/uncut green gems... people are starting to dump them BELOW vendor price rofl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by morfraen View Post
    Ugh, need more people to clue in that perfect is the same stats as rare. Perfect are a lot closer to rare cuts than that here, 50-200g. Still the odd idiot that dumps them for 5g, so I just snag those and vendor or repost. Same with cut/uncut green gems... people are starting to dump them BELOW vendor price rofl.
    Exactly.

I'd buy their gems if I had enough cash to sustain this tactic, then resell them.

Guess I'll have to craft ornate bands\necklace's and DE them for a profit.