Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Even more interesting stats on League of Legends.

This time via Reddit: http://tinyurl.com/932oqe7

The tremendous popularity of League is staggering at times.

Only 500k uniques? Their stats are skewed. 30 million active players is counting even people who play 1 game a day. Back in July that was me, I'm sure if they post October it will be much lower. Horrible community, I'm done with the game.

The game being famous is logical really, its not because its good or better than Dota or other MOBA's.

1)It can run from a smartphone cause its that light, Adobe Flash ftw therefor almost every PC the last 6-7 years can run it, laptops included, it wont run it with 100+FPS on ultra, but on low and 20 FPS as probably a ton of people play.

2)Its the easiest of the MOBA's since there is no gold loss, with the smallest skill required, the skill cap is wide as its in every MOBA, but not that wide compared to others.

I play from a net cafe and i can tell you that people from 8 to 35 years old play it.

When a 8 year old can win by right clicking with Tryndamere when it cant do basic math, you understand how easy the game is and just cant take it seriously.

Its funny to see how addicting it is also, this female that just started playing since last week, literally ~8 days has over 100 games already, horrible at it, but she cant stop playing it, rather cute.

Fun game but way too easy.

I wish they would release a "Hardcore mode" with denies and gold loss for those that wanted it ;/
    Last edited by potis; 2012-10-21 at 11:58 PM.

Deleted
    I just thought I should put this here.

http://www.surrenderat20.net/2012/10...two-world.html

2.4 million in Asia? Damn.

When did League get so big in China & Korea? I was under the strong impression that Starcraft was still the e-sport du jour over there. Although I may be out of touch as I only glance occasionally at Team Liquid these days.

Still. Staggering numbers if accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

When did League get so big in China & Korea? I was under the strong impression that Starcraft was still the e-sport du jour over there. Although I may be out of touch as I only glance occasionally at Team Liquid these days.

i heard lol overtook starcraft in e sport in korean quite a while ago.....

but still 2.4million in asia is just wow.......
    http://oce.op.gg/summoner/userName=dw+soul+roc in oceanic now Lol

5172-1206-0622 pokemon FC Lets Battle!!

Deleted

I don't know if SC2 is free to play after you buy it or not, but LoL is free, you don't need to pay for anything, so people can pretty much play it when they want, the graphics aren't as heavy as SC I believe, overall LoL has more appeal.

Also, I don't know this, but I think SC2 can get more boring over time than LoL, since SC only has 3 races and few maps and that's pretty much it, right?

LoL has a lot of champions, items, mechanics, abilities, etc.

I like SC myself, haven't played in a while though, but I'm not surprised if the Koreans like LoL or even prefer it over SC, but it's still kinda weird to be honest, I never thought it would happen.

SC2 is free after you buy it. And even though there are only three races, all races have a lot of different units you can build, and there are actually a lot of maps.

Although I feel it's wrong to compare the two, seeing as they are different. LoL is about controlling one strong unit while SC2 is about controlling a lot of weaker units (compared to a champion in LoL).

In fact, Dota 2 is much closer to SC2, since there's a lot more micro-managing additional units/minions and a lot more use of keybinds due to items.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    When a 8 year old can win by right clicking with Tryndamere when it cant do basic math, you understand how easy the game is and just cant take it seriously.
    Yeah, against other 8 year olds. Against any semi-competent person? No, not at all. Such a stupid statement - "guy can play easy champ and win, therefore game is crazy easy." I see kids button mashing Street Fighter at the arcades and beating others, therefore it is way too easy. Oh that's right, anyone half decent will stomp them.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Fun game but way too easy.
    I'm certain you're diamond and regularly carry your team at high ELO. Why do people say these kind of things? The game is challenging enough for the vast majority of people. I can understand if pros who've played LoL and other MOBAs at the top level say this, but for the regular Joe like you and me? It's silly. The game has a broad enough skill cap to distinguish the bad, from the good, from the great and from the elite, and all the rest inbetween.

To other posters: company skews statistics to make itself look awesome? This is unheard of! Enjoyable infograph though, everybody enjoys killing some Teemo.
    Last edited by Hateful; 2012-10-23 at 11:51 AM.
    Who knows what secrets hide in the dark?

Ah yes...*I* do...

Deleted
    This game easy? THe simple fact that you are in a team of 5 makes it impossible to be easy...

Deleted
    I have another statistic about it's player base:

On average, according to the majority of my team mates and enemies, 80% of the LoL community has engaged in coitus with my mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    I don't really care if it's accurate or not, which I suspect it is, but the fact that 75 teemo's die every second made my day.

I woke up and was like ugh, class in a bit. But then I saw the teemo deathcount. Riot did one of these last year too.
    Spoiler alert: Most of those numbers are not accurate at all

i heard lol overtook starcraft in e sport in korean quite a while ago.....
    This, above all, is the stupidest fucking lie of them all and I hate that so many people believe it. It's not even a 'twisted statistic', it's just a straight up lie, and shows how ignorant us Americanos can be.

Starcraft/Starcraft 2 has colleges and training camps as well as super-bowl tier tournaments for Starcraft 2. League of Legends doesn't even BEGIN to touch what Starcraft 2 is in Korea.
    Last edited by JimPaladin; 2012-10-27 at 01:31 AM.

You have access to exact number of dead Teemos, concurrent logins, total concurrent hours or the number of facebook like League of Legends received?

You have access to exact number of dead Teemos, concurrent logins, total concurrent hours or the number of facebook like League of Legends received?
    I don't know/care about Dead Teemos, but the logins/hours are "accurate" in the same way "We have 100 million players" was an accurate statement.

10+ Year Old Account
    The statistics were manipulated in favor of LoL, obviously. In the "Peak Concurrent Players", the data for Steam players was taken on a Friday and during the time where most teens (and possibly adults) cannot play games. The # of players simultaneously online was taken from the month of July (vacation) rather than from October (busy month for many).

Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    I don't know/care about Dead Teemos, but the logins/hours are "accurate" in the same way "We have 100 million players" was an accurate statement.
    So you have access to that data then, huh?

Ummhmm.

So you have access to that data then, huh?

Ummhmm.
    I'm not even going to bother talking to you.

Quote Originally Posted by JimPaladin View Post
    I'm not even going to bother talking to you.
    Ouch, did someone step on your dick? That's what happens when you sit all day whining without having anything resembling constructive criticism.

Protip: if you're gonna complain and whine about everything, at least provide some backup for your claims. If there's anything I dislike, there's people overly praising a game without anything to back up their claims, but people being negative without anything to back it up are far worse.

People say statistics are a lie. Well then, what's absolutely no proof then?

DotA is just a funmap of Warcraft3 like AoS was a funmap of Starcraft :P

Aeon of Strife is actually on Starcraft II as well. It was actually fun, though I only tested it with some friends and not a proper game, but I can see where all the fame of DotA/AoS came from.