Page 1 of 17
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Things that grind your gears.

Every single day, there is something that grinds my gears..
    So I've been wondering, is anyone else experiencing the same type of annoyance over similar things.

Things that grinds my gear (today) - The the gas station, waiting in line for 15 minutes. The guy infront of me is getting serviced; he wanted to let the lady working there, know that the sandwhich he bought there tasted bad, and that he wanted another one. He then proceeds to hand back the "bad" sandwhich, and start looking in the display windows for another one. After about 2 minutes, he decides he wants his money back instead. That takes a few mintutes, because he has to fill out his name, adress etc.. I was almost sweating with rage.

Similar to this, is people waiting in line to buy some bubblegum; waiting to find their wallet until the cashier says "that'll be "x" amount of money", and when that happends, they either forgot their wallet at home so that the cashier has to retype everything, or they cant find their wallet at the bottom of their purse/bag.

So, what grinds your gear?
    I like juice

10+ Year Old Account
    People who stop at non-existant stop signs. For real. We have a 3 way stop with oncoming traffic (my traffic) having right-of-way. Idiot in front of me stops and is waving cars to turn and go through the intersection. Really??

Stupid people in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Wixwix View Post
    This. People that just ignore facts because they choose not to believe them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I try not to let my jimmies get rustled by things, but there's a lot of irritating shit that people do when driving that really gets under my skin. STOP DRIVING SO FUCKING SLOW ASSHOLES!
    When survival is the goal, it's into the spider hole!

People who think adoption is not even an option.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    People who stop at non-existant stop signs. For real. We have a 3 way stop with oncoming traffic (my traffic) having right-of-way. Idiot in front of me stops and is waving cars to turn and go through the intersection. Really??
    I do this when somebody wants to take a turn but is on the other side of traffic. I stop for a few seconds, let him pass, thus freeing the traffic. Not seldom I get thumbs up from the other cars behind the guy, for they can continue their travel. Albeit I wouldnt let two or more cars pass. One is enough... I have to reach my destination too one day.

I hate people who lie, even if it's "just to be nice" or "not to hurt me". I hate being lied on... rather hurt me with the truth; lie to me once and you lose my trust.

can't really figure out a good way to word this so hopefully people get my drift:
    at work when people decide to give you a big pile of work all at once.
    people turn forms in to me, and they should be turning them in say once a week, that way the work is spread out and manageable.
    instead they decide to wait and do it once a month and make my day a living fucking hell.

and then them not even doing their work correctly so I have take even more time correcting or figuring out what the hell they were even doing in the first place.
    Last edited by bals; 2012-10-12 at 04:50 PM.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wixwix View Post
    I'll take this one step forward and say ignorant people who parade around acting like they know what they're talking about.

Example, I may not like someone of the opposing political or religious views, but I can respect them (and respectfully disagree with them) if they can support their decision with actual facts rather than just blurting out popular opinions as "facts" or sound bites.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

There's a particular intersection on my daily commute that's like this... Pisses me off to no end, every morning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Jp being so useless so quickly.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyday rain really grinds my gear. I love rain every now and then. BUT COME ON, REALLY? EVERY DAY?

10+ Year Old Account
    Being non punctual!
    I can't stand when I go out of my way to be on time for things, then i'm always left waiting.

When i'm driving and having the passangers (girls are the ones who always do this) take off their shoes and prop their feet up on my dash. I don't want to stare at your feet and I certainly don't want your dirty feet up on my dash.

packets of ketchup that you get at mcdonalds...first of all I have to ask for them in the first place...like they expect me to eat my fries dry. Then it's a miracle if you don't spill any all over your hands, and it takes for ever to open like 8 of them (which you need to satisfy 1 order of fries). And on top of all that, who knows how many tons of waste is in our land fills from that shit...why not make each packet like 3 times bigger, cause people use at least 3 anyway then there would be less trash and less hassle...or just have a damn self serve station.

Deleted
    When im passionate about something(and spent alot of time on), and a person i know is not & yet claims he/she knows everything about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I do this when somebody wants to take a turn but is on the other side of traffic. I stop for a few seconds, let him pass, thus freeing the traffic. Not seldom I get thumbs up from the other cars behind the guy, for they can continue their travel. Albeit I wouldnt let two or more cars pass. One is enough... I have to reach my destination too one day.
    I can understand if someone is trying to make a left turn onto a street from the oncoming lane and the cars ahead of you are stopped; I will stop and allow them through since I can't go anywhere anyway.

Cars coming from oncoming are not supposed to stop. They're supposed to turn right, left, or continue on, while everyone at the stop signs (+) are supposed to stop and wait for oncoming traffic to clear. The purpose of NOT having a stop sign for traffic entering that area is to keep traffic from backing up onto Highland (the main road). But stopping at the intersection without having a stop sign to let cars that stopped at the 3 other stop signs to go through causes traffic to back up with far greater consequences.

Cars coming from oncoming are not supposed to stop. They're supposed to turn right, left, or continue on, while everyone at the stop signs (+) are supposed to stop and wait for oncoming traffic to clear. The purpose of NOT having a stop sign for traffic entering that area is to keep traffic from backing up onto Highland (the main road). But stopping at the intersection without having a stop sign to let cars that stopped at the 3 other stop signs to go through causes traffic to back up with far greater consequences.

Doing that would be plain retarded, I agree.

Deleted
    I'll add something!

People using the word "retard" everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by tseven View Post
    I'll add something!

People using the word "retard" everywhere.
    Sorry. I wont do it again when as long as you are around.

Bloodsail Admiral Lethey Alexandros's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What grinds my gears are people who lack no since of moral character. For instance, found a level 91 rare spawn in VoEB, asked in general chat if anyone wanted to kill it with me since there are alot of achivement hungry people around. So as I am asking, a paladin from my faction runs in and says. "LOL you mean solo it bro?" I then ask "Why not join with us so we can all get the achivement for killing one?" and not much to my suprise i recive an answer that really gets me angry. "You getting mad over a game bro?" So of course I lose it."No you moronic peice of shit, I am mad becuse bottom feeding peices of shit from the shallow end of the gene pool like you think it's fun to be dick heads to other people in some sort of effort to make your penis feel bigger than it really is while saying "Popular" phrases becuse you lack the ability to formulate your own god damn sentences!." At that point in time general chat began to flame him...but yeah I hate people who think its fun to be 12lbs of douche in a 10lbs bag.