Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Gnome, Goblin and Worgen need cinematic representation

I find it unbearable that this expansion had pandaren thrown in straight from the start in its cinematic (as if though we weren't gonna see them freaking everywhere else), while Gnomes, Goblins and Worgen have yet to have their moment to shine. I would've liked to see that pandaren do kung-fu against an angered Worgen who would've probably ripped its throat out.

That aside, Gnomes, one of the Alliance's most important race (gunships, steam tanks, all its siege explosive capabilities) have been eluded the longest, and they need their moment to shine.

Gnomes and worgen didn't exist back in Warcraft 3, they are less iconic races than pandaren are. Goblins would be nice, though.

EDIT: Also, a pandaren CAN look badass, gnomes only serve as comical characters.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Gnomes and worgen didn't exist back in Warcraft 3, they are less iconic races than pandaren are. Goblins would be nice, though.
    Gnomes existed since Warcraft 2...

Deleted
    EDIT: Also, a pandaren CAN look badass, gnomes only serve as comical characters.
    Strange. I see it exactly the other way around.

Gnomes have been around since Warcraft II .

Bah, someone beat me to it.

On topic. I would love to see more races in the cinematics than the orcs and humans.
    Last edited by luccadeo; 2012-10-12 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SyrahGrunt View Post
    Gnomes existed since Warcraft 2...
    Not actually seen in the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    gnomes should only be involved if they're being punted

it would be nice seeing a worgen go ape(wolf?)shit in a cinematic fight scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Deleted
    There should be a gnome frying a dozen "oh-so-hardcore-l33t"-Forsaken Warlocks with a Flamethrower and then shoot a dozen "I'm teh purple power ranger ^_^"-male blood elves with a steamtank.

Fuck yeah!

I'm not sure the King considers the Worgen part of the Alliance.

When I just finished my Faction choice with my Panderan, during a chat with Kingy he says "The races of the Alliance protect each other. The Humans, Elves, Gnomes Dwarves and even the Draeni are all one" or something like that.

I noticed he didn't mention Worgen at all.

Deleted
    Oh ?
    Really ?

Are the knight units considered only horses then ?

I could see a gnome engineer rogue being pretty bad ass in a cinematic.Slides through the legs of his foe cutting both and dropping a grenade behind him and slips into the shadows as his prey blows up.

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    I
    I noticed he didn't mention Worgen at all.
    Because they are just humans with crappy superpower.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    I could see a gnome engineer rogue being pretty bad ass in a cinematic.Slides through the legs of his foe cutting both and dropping a grenade behind him and slips into the shadows as his prey blows up.
    I wouldnt trust gnomish grenades. And gnomish daggers are comparable to toothpicks, try to cut through armor with toothpicks.

Only thing they are good at is hiding, and even then their stench is propably disgusting.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2012-10-12 at 04:08 PM.

There's a gnome in the Wrathgate cinematic.

As for the Mists one - the expac is about returning to the roots of the orc-vs-human conflict that began in the RTS games, and thus the cast is representative of that.
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

Gnomes and worgen didn't exist back in Warcraft 3

OH REALLY?

SO I GUESS GNOMISH FLYING MACHINES WHICH HAVE EXISTED IN BOTH WARCRAFT 2 AND 3 ARE FIGMENTS OF MY IMAGINATION?

OH AND GNOMISH SUBMARINES.

AND STEAM TANKS.

Listening to "lore experts" on the mmo c forums makes me laugh, every time.

Gnomes and worgen didn't exist back in Warcraft 3.
    dont worry for not knowing this too well. gnomes were underplayed in warcraft3. i only recall them being grouped as a support role with one alliance unit.
    dont know the deal with them in wc2

Wow, some idiot totally ignores the usage of Gnomes in Warcraft 2 and 3 and the next guy comes along and tells him "not to worry". And then the same people go around and yell at everyone for undermining pandaren's "importance" in Warcraft games, even though they were just 1 unit in Thrall's army in the Founding of Durotar.

HIPOCRISY LEVELS REACHING MAXIMUM LEVELS CAPTAIN, SHE CAN'T HOLD MUCH LONGER.

yeah they do, gnomish flying machine

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__...s/2/20/Fly.gif

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__...hine-warii.jpg

My other point stands, though, a gnome could only appear as the funny part of a cinematic, and with the amount of complains about the human giving the stick to the orc scene in MoP, I wouldn't expect any more comedy in future cinematics.

And a worgen would be seen as a simple werewolf, only players know the difference. But I guess they could appear briefly, like the troll in the TBC cinematic.

'

Gnome at 18 seconds in.
    Yes, we have a Gnome in a cinematic!

He can also be seen before you start the video, in the preview image.
    New Class: Runemaster
    New Alliance Race: Furbolg
    New Horde Race: None yet.
    New Zones: None yet.
    New Battleground: Ruins of Eldre'Thalas, Silithus Quarry, Taurajo Fields, Sorrows Training Grounds
    New Dungeon: None yet.