Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Why did paragon really switch to 10 man?

So as we all know, Paragon switched to 10 man for this tier. They claim it was because they didn't have enough members, but this was not the case. They lost 3-4 of their core members and they got recruits to fill up the spots that were empty. Paragon had a 25 man raid team ready for MoP raiding.

Every guild goes through Roster changes and they deal with it. Method, Ensidia and Blood Legion etc have all been through almost disastrous roster changes and have come back strong.

In my opinion Paragon realized that they were no longer the top 25 man guild. Especially during T13 and getting their asses handed to them during live speedruns of Dragon Soul heroic. So they decided to go to 10 mans to delude people into thinking they are still the best guild.

Basically they faced an obstacle that potentially jepordized their chances of getting World First 25 man, so instead of trying and being determined they backed out of the challenge to opt for the easier option of 10 mans.

So now Paragon can keep their precious #1 ranking and keep everyone under the impression that they are still top.

Paragons switch to 10 man was genius, there was 3 potential outcomes

Outcome one: Paragon get world first 10 man before the 25 man guilds
    Paragons response: Look guys, we are still the best in the world

Outcome 2: Paragon get's world first 10 man AFTER the world first 25 kill
    Paragons response: Oh well, we were not in the same race as the 25 man guilds anyway.

Outcome 3: Paragon don;t get world first 10 man
    Paragons response: Well it was to be expected, we don't have 10 man experience.

This was a pre-planned move by Paragon to allow them to keep their reputation as the best in the world. The fact is they DID have a 25 man raiding team and chose to downsize anyway. Other guild would choose to get through their problems and do all they can to keep raiding 25 man but Paragon decided to take the cheap and easy way out.

Deleted
    *puts on tinfoil hat*

Dude, don't you seriously have anything more useful to use your time on? Jesus fucking Christ.

You are so far off its painful. They had a 25man, yes. They did not have the 25man they wanted. I can easily grab a 25man at any given time, it doesnt mean that those 25 people are going to play to the standards that I want them to.

They are an incredibly limited guild that recruits only Finnish speaking players who are beyond the best at their class. That limits the amount of people that will pass a trial in Paragon to about .1% of the WoW raiding community.

They went to 10man because being progressive in 10man is better than hitting your head against the wall in 25man.

They went 10 man because 10 mans are easier. Thats the only reason really.

Don't start 10 vs 25 stuff
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-12 at 05:01 PM.

Deleted
    Progress in 10man is better not only that but i bet some of the core raiders quit its sad but this is live new top guilds will come

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moveth View Post
    They went to 10man because being progressive in 10man is better than hitting your head against the wall in 25man.
    Yes, EXACTLY.

That was my point. They went 10 man because they KNEW that they would get beat by Method and Blood Legion and that their 25 man team was not good enough. They downsized to save their reputation

Deleted
    They are an incredibly limited guild that recruits only Finnish speaking players who are beyond the best at their class. That limits the amount of people that will pass a trial in Paragon to about .1% of the WoW raiding community.
    Thats how easy it is. Everything else is bullshit and speculation

Deleted
    They only recruit Finnish speakers and there arent that many good Finnish players who applied. No need for idiotic conspiracies you crazy US people.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthThrall View Post
    Yes, EXACTLY.

That was my point. They went 10 man because they KNEW that they would get beat by Method and Blood Legion and that their 25 man team was not good enough. They downsized to save their reputation

No. For fucks sake. It has N O T H I N G to do with this reputation bullshit you keep spouting. At all.

It has to do with them wanting to have fun with the game. Having a sub-par 25man is NOT fun.

Deleted
    You realise they may well of got world first 25m Deathwing had they not been banned? Just look at the timings & bear in mind they gave up at Christmas & had a break.

Deleted
    Yes, EXACTLY.

And how do you know that? Can you prove it?

I think Paragon went 10 man becouse it's really damn hard to find enough good players for world firsts that speaks finnish. Finland is pretty small country with only 5,4 million ppl, so it's hard to find ppl with enough skill and time for world firsts.1

Deleted
    Yes, EXACTLY.

downs-syndrome.com.............

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-10-12 at 05:00 PM.

They went 10m `cause they wanted to.
    They don`t play this game for you, for any comparison or for anyone around.
    They play it for themselves and they do what they want to do.
    As simple as that.
    On the other hand, funny thing is that they do it better than anyone else in the world for last few years.

Having to play with "fresh blood" that, potentially, are idiots, or atleast far off the skill level of the "seniors" might have been off-putting, even if they COULD make a 25 man. If, say, my guilds top 5 dps'ers, best 2 healers and a main tank left, and faced the potential of progressing with emergency-"recruits" that might be on-par with the worst players we have, I'm not sure I'd want to keep going. The level of play I'm used to would be WAY too high compared to what I'd get, and I'd just get agitated every single raid. With Paragon, the level they have been playing at is "the very top". Replacing core members with top 0.1% players is *hard*, as they're finnish only.

Also, Ensidia merged with Envy to keep the two guilds afloat, just sayin'. They didn't manage to pull through :<.

So you are in Paragon then. Either that or psychic, if. Either of those than this is pure opinion or speculation at best.

15+ Year Old Account
    Since I am not a member of Paragon I don't think it matters at all if they change or not. Why should it?

Yes, EXACTLY.

Yet they still got the world first kill in MSV.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

They went 10man cause they coudnt find recruits that were finnish and of the level of skill they were looking for, i dont see whats so hard to believe?

Quote Originally Posted by Stabmyheartxxx View Post
    *puts on tinfoil hat*

Dude, don't you seriously have anything more useful to use your time on? Jesus fucking Christ.
    This pretty sums up my thoughts,

also the bit about their arses handed to them, I'm sorry but are you competing with them and beating them to say that? if if they came second, third fourth, still one of the best fucking guilds
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Deleted
    OP Submits a question in the title, OP answers own question in the post. The question is almost as irrelevant than the abomination of a conspiracy theory you posted. 2/10