Medallions are garbage in BGs, lets fix it

Mimic SWTOR and make all CC's in BGs act as the same DR, where the bar fills up to where you become immune, because really, this is just bullshit to be locked down so long. Honestly kills the little bit of fun I might have in BGs. I'd like to mess around with my healer friend and do 2vX matches because were good like that, but this is getting pathetic. WAY too many CC's per class for these 15v15 maps for it to work like this.

Diminishing returns on CC says what.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Diminishing returns on CC says what.
    Fear is out of control... That is all i have to add to this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbtk View Post
    I'd like to mess around with my healer friend and do 2vX matches because were good like that, but I'm proving that I'm not really good at PvP because I'm whining about CC here.
    Yeah I got that feeling by your post also.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

Deleted
    Mimic SWTOR and make all CC's in BGs act as the same DR, where the bar fills up to where you become immune, because really, this is just bullshit to be locked down so long. Honestly kills the little bit of fun I might have in BGs. I'd like to mess around with my healer friend and do matches because were good like that, but this is getting pathetic. WAY too many CC's per class for these 15v15 maps for it to work like this.

Yeah... Lets remove the only counter to the already current god-like healers in BGs so you and your healer friend can take on more than 5 players at the time without breaking a sweat...

I'm not sure what the point would be. Really you'd just end up having a much harder time killing healers. That said, healer throughput isn't exactly amazing right now. It actually doesn't take many players to burn a target right through the healing I can put out now.

The only thing I'd consider is the few odd duck CCs that have their own DR category (charge/cyclone/dog breath). They seem to be overly strong in battlegrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    The only thing I'd consider is the few odd duck CCs that have their own DR category (charge/cyclone/dog breath). They seem to be overly strong in battlegrounds.
    Charge is on the random stun DR, I think Cyclone is on its own DR because it's a very unique (ie bullshit) CC, and the dog breath doesn't have a DR, just like mind numbing, curse of tongues, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple fix for WoW's CC problem: All crowd control breaks on damage, period. Then give every class a glyph that wipes dots when CC is applied, so players can avoid breaking their own crowd control. This way, crowd control still plays a role in PVP but nobody is going to be globaled while stunned.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirl View Post
    Charge is on the random stun DR, I think Cyclone is on its own DR because it's a very unique (ie bullshit) CC, and the dog breath doesn't have a DR, just like mind numbing, curse of tongues, etc.
    If charge is on random stun DR, it's the same thing as being on its own since every other stun is in the same category now. And by dog breath I meant a mage's dragon breath. It actually shares DR with scatter shot, but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    If charge is on random stun DR, it's the same thing as being on its own since every other stun is in the same category now. And by dog breath I meant a mage's dragon breath. It actually shares DR with scatter shot, but that's it.
    its shares a dr with disorients.

They just need to fix dispels again, or at least but a cd on offensive dispels, and nerf blanket silences. Put players back in control of fighting ccs.

Imo fear is just way to strong atm. I think you should only be able to take a very small amount of dmg before that breaks.
    Pvp is pretty messed up atm.
    Last edited by Myci; 2012-10-12 at 08:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Quote Originally Posted by lazymangaka View Post
    Simple fix for WoW's CC problem: All crowd control breaks on damage, period. Then give every class a glyph that wipes dots when CC is applied, so players can avoid breaking their own crowd control. This way, crowd control still plays a role in PVP but nobody is going to be globaled while stunned.
    Globaled= 100% hp target killed in 1 global cooldown= 1.5sec or lower (lowered by haste and talents/or ability specific changes).

Quite inrelevant if your oponent dies in less then 1.5sec that he or she was CCed during that very small timeframe.

Now i asume that you refered to beinf killed during chained cc, i agree that it can get somewhat silly to have no control of your character for like 12sec, but sadly that is happening.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esfandiyar View Post
    Did... did I stumble into a BC thread?
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengiratolom View Post
    Globaled= 100% hp target killed in 1 global cooldown= 1.5sec or lower (lowered by haste and talents/or ability specific changes).

Quite inrelevant if your oponent dies in less then 1.5sec that he or she was CCed during that very small timeframe.

Now i asume that you refered to beinf killed during chained cc, i agree that it can get somewhat silly to have no control of your character for like 12sec, but sadly that is happening.
    You understand then, that I was using "globaled" in a broader sense, referring to the idea of having no opportunity to perform an action between being the start of a stun and your death. CC breaking on damage would fix this entirely. CC would require skill to use effectively, rather than simply requiring ability spam while loling.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengiratolom View Post

Warriors and hunters are possibly doing this , but that aside the only place i see people dying through a large cc chain like this are through fear>fear>fear> blanket silence> stun ect. I think the first 2 are the problem, and fear especialy should be just a cc and not somethign to be dmged through xD

---------- Post added 2012-10-12 at 04:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by lazymangaka View Post
    You understand then, that I was using "globaled" in a broader sense, referring to the idea of having no opportunity to perform an action between being the start of a stun and your death. CC breaking on damage would fix this entirely. CC would require skill to use effectively, rather than simply requiring ability spam while loling.
    This wont happen. To much of the game is balanced around different types of ccs and them expecialy not breaking on any type of dmg. Stuns are important. They just need to get control of whats already in place, and tweek it abit better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    Life Lesson #1 - People are terrible.

Don't let it get to you. It'll only spoil your own personal enjoyment if you do.

Mimic SWTOR and make all CC's in BGs act as the same DR, where the bar fills up to where you become immune, because really, this is just bullshit to be locked down so long. Honestly kills the little bit of fun I might have in BGs. I'd like to mess around with my healer friend and do 2vX matches because were good like that, but this is getting pathetic. WAY too many CC's per class for these 15v15 maps for it to work like this.
    While I liked SWTOR resolve system for the most part, if it was implemented in WoW it would be pretty devastating.

Say you have a warrior, 2-3 CC / Stun effects would fill the bar up and they would then become an unstoppable killing machine because for ~8 seconds (provided they have a pocket healer anyways)

Quote Originally Posted by Esfandiyar View Post
    its the sha of fear addon, what do you expect?