PvP Healing brokenly OP?

OK, so... I was farming out herbs to level my mages alchemy and get jumped by a lvl 80 disc priest with 45k hp.... I am on an 88 frost DK with 201k. That priest was able to outheal all my burst with just renew and bubble, I never even got her down to 90% hp or mana, while she just ran around refreshing bubble and renew... while slowly killing me with shadow ward pain. She just kept refreshing on me to keep me in combat so I could not farm or heal other than with Death Siphon or waiting for Lichborne to come back up. Even saving all my CD's to try and burst her down while I had NS stacks on and I silenced barely broke the bubble.

On an opposite note, what is up with warlocks and omg wtf one shot 99999999999 dmg chaos bolts? I am out trying to level and all of a sudden boom, dead because a warlock lands nearby on a hill or something and one shots me.
    Last edited by Zergin8r; 2012-10-12 at 07:58 PM.

I don't really know what to say. Disc priests are actually pretty bad, and it's still somewhere between pretty hard and impossible to actually kill someone as healer. DKs actually do quite a bit of damage too, even if that's really all they've got going for them. Seems to me you should've been able to twoshot that priest. I have to assume they were wearing level 80 PvP gear and the resilience hadn't scaled down from leveling a whole lot.

And yeah, destro lock burst is pretty strong. Always be looking around I guess or you're subject to random deaths. They aren't the only class like that though; it feels like damage is just too high relative to healthpools for several specs.

Congrats on trying to gank someone you grossly outlevel and failing.

I tried to kill that priest, stacked NS, saved CD's popped army, waited for the runes to come back, silence into a quad oblit with trink and all CD popped, and they still had a damn bubble on them.... also like I said they actually ganked me with shadow ward pain to keep me from farming and stuff. because I have very limited healing and for some reason they hit almost as hard as someone at lvl 85+ they were able to kill me. BM Hunters seem to be able to kill anyone in less than a second as well.

OK I think I know why they hit so hard at least... http://www.wowhead.com/item=87422 how the hell do you get a 409 item level staff for a level 80? Even the blue mists quest gear is 419ish
    Last edited by Zergin8r; 2012-10-12 at 08:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Druids rejuvenate should be nerfed a bit while in dps/tank specs. Tbh

Other than that, i think healers are right where they need to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    I tried to kill that priest, stacked NS, saved CD's popped army, waited for the runes to come back, silence into a quad oblit with trink and all CD popped, and they still had a damn bubble on them.... also like I said they actually ganked me with shadow ward pain to keep me from farming and stuff. because I have very limited healing and for some reason they hit almost as hard as someone at lvl 85+ they were able to kill me. BM Hunters seem to be able to kill anyone in less than a second as well.

OK I think I know why they hit so hard at least... http://www.wowhead.com/item=87422 how the hell do you get a 409 item level staff for a level 80? Even the blue mists quest gear is 419ish
    How in the shit? That has got to be some sort of mistake. That's more than 100 ilvls ahead of the damn Shadowmourne!

Deleted
    My soon to be 82 brewmaster monks sphere can crit me for 75% of my total life. I miss those days it used to critheal me for 400%

Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    OK, so... I was farming out herbs to level my mages alchemy and get jumped by a lvl 80 disc priest with 45k hp.... I am on an 88 frost DK with 201k. That priest was able to outheal all my burst with just renew and bubble, I never even got her down to 90% hp or mana, while she just ran around refreshing bubble and renew... while slowly killing me with shadow ward pain. She just kept refreshing on me to keep me in combat so I could not farm or heal other than with Death Siphon or waiting for Lichborne to come back up. Even saving all my CD's to try and burst her down while I had NS stacks on and I silenced barely broke the bubble.

On an opposite note, what is up with warlocks and omg wtf one shot 99999999999 dmg chaos bolts? I am out trying to level and all of a sudden boom, dead because a warlock lands nearby on a hill or something and one shots me.
    Stop lying, please... None of what you said here can actually be true, both he part with the disc priest and the warlock... First, a level 80 player doesn't have 45k health... with the best level 80 gear available in the game (s8/icc gear) you get roughly 30k HP, a player in leveling items (wich I presume he had equipped) has a bit over 20k HP... Only by this I already know you're lying and what you're trying to prove here... I have no clue... Second, as a level 88 FROST DK with Pandaria gear you literally 2 shot even level 85 players with 85 leveling gear wich have roughly 100k HP, so again why are you lying you couldn't kill a level 80 player? Thirdly, he was slowly killing you with SW:P on a 201k health pool? His dot was probably doing less than 1k damage, so again, why are you lying? With all your cds you barely broke the shield? That shield absords like... idk... 10k damage? So the obvious question, why are you lying? And finally... warlocks cannot ONE shot you, period.

I really don't understand what's inside your head and what are you trying to prove by making this story up...
    Last edited by Bogdan; 2012-10-13 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan View Post
    Stop lying, please... None of what you said here can actually be true, both he part with the disc priest and the warlock... First, a level 80 player doesn't have 45k health... with the best level 80 gear available in the game (s8/icc gear) you get roughly 30k HP, a player in leveling items (wich I presume he had equipped) has a bit over 20k HP... Only by this I already know you're lying and what you're trying to prove here... I have no clue... Second, as a level 88 FROST DK with Pandaria gear you literally 2 shot even level 85 players with 85 leveling gear wich have roughly 100k HP, so again why are you lying you couldn't kill a level 80 player? Thirdly, he was slowly killing you with SW:P on a 201k health pool? His dot was probably doing less than 1k damage, so again, why are you lying? With all your cds you barely broke the shield? That shield absords like... idk... 10k damage? So the obvious question, why are you lying? And finally... warlocks cannot ONE shot you, period.

I really don't understand what's inside your head and what are you trying to prove by making this story up...
    Read the whole thread before you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogdan View Post

with mop blues you can easily go as high as 45-50k hp. there are ilvl 409 boe blues out there that require lvl 80.

Heals have been broken in PVP ever since WotLK.

It was like, in TBC, healers could keep you up from some burst, but if they weren't super careful, they OOM'd fast and were easy to counter.

Now it's like DPS heal themselves to full health in just a couple of quick heals.

It's retarded, but WoW PVP is long, long dead so there's no point in really caring much anymore. Just ignore it and do PvE.

Healing in pvp just got nerfed by 15% and it's still op as fuck -_-

Can't priests also cleanse all your dots anyway? One on one I don't think a priest is an ideal opponent for a Dk, although the level disparity should have done something in your favor.

PvP power helps a lot when trying to kill healers, stack it moooar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a heads up drop Death siphon its a horrible horrible talent.

I feel like healing has kind of always been out of control in PvP....

this is extremely sad..

This is all due to Blizzards weird scaling model. It's all fine as long as items are "locked" by proper level requirements. Backwards scaling, enabled by wrong or missing level requirements, creates absolute monsters! In the MoP beta it was possible to buy lvl 85 gear for a lvl 1 character. Those lvl 1s killed fully geared lvl 90 players in less than 3 seconds, they couldn't be killed at all, not even by 20 lvl 90 players together (though they could be killed by strong NPCs, as resilience didn't work here and as long as other players helped CCing the lvl1, so that the NPCs have a chance to deal damage).

Equipping an ilvl 409 staff on a lvl 80 char creates similiar effects.

It's basically like this: a lvl 1 character in lvl 70 gear is 100 times more powerful than a lvl 90 character in lvl 90 gear. Pathetic.
    Last edited by Sarevoc; 2012-10-13 at 02:09 PM.