Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    50 chests opened and only 1 halloween item ><
    Hahaha that sucks...

Deleted
    /100% loaded.
    /logs into lions arch

OMFGWTFBBQ :DDDDDDD

Deleted
    Is there a "Shadow of the Mad King" special quest line ?

Man... I'm stuck at work for 3 more hours with out GW2

Deleted
    Haha was awsome.

I am dissapointed in the way you can get the skins.

You have to buy a shit ton of keys (because they never drop) to open the chests and it's around 1/50 chance to get a new skin.

You can only craft the 3 vendor skins which last 4 hours and to craft them IT IS OUTRAGEOUSLY OVER PRICED. (seriously I need a gift of ascalon and 250 obsidian shards?)

So the only way to get the new skins cost effectively is pay 10g on the trade post or you will be spending shit tons of gold (or cash) for keys trying to get a random skin.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://i.imgur.com/HNhzb.jpg

Witch is OP lolz

mod edit: thumbnails or resize.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-10-23 at 02:04 PM.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Male witch looks superbeastly.

Not, I would pay money for this beastly... but cool enough to appreciate it when someone else does <.< >.>

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was pretty impressed (and by impressed I mean it made me stay up way too late) by the balance of very cool and quirky content for this event. I haven't even made it out of Lion's Arch yet, but seeing that this update adding more things to a game that I haven't even seen everything in...I'm very pleased.

Deleted
    I'm actually eager to explore the entire world all over again.

hats off to anet

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I was pretty impressed (and by impressed I mean it made me stay up way too late) by the balance of very cool and quirky content for this event. I haven't even made it out of Lion's Arch yet, but seeing that this update adding more things to a game that I haven't even seen everything in...I'm very pleased.
    45g for the greatsword skin

on a plus side constume brawl is the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I am dissapointed in the way you can get the skins.

You have to buy a shit ton of keys (because they never drop) to open the chests and it's around 1/50 chance to get a new skin.

You can only craft the 3 vendor skins which last 4 hours and to craft them IT IS OUTRAGEOUSLY OVER PRICED. (seriously I need a gift of ascalon and 250 obsidian shards?)

So the only way to get the new skins cost effectively is pay 10g on the trade post or you will be spending shit tons of gold (or cash) for keys trying to get a random skin.
    Um zito, you're wrong? Regina (I think it was her) said that the vendor skins are for those who want to be festive during the event, but if you wanna be festive year round you can make the weapon (which has its own stats) and is NOT transmuteable, the weapon can be made at any point in the year, however you will need to get the holiday supplies during the holiday if you want to craft it.
    Last edited by Durzlla; 2012-10-23 at 02:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Um zito, you're wrong? Regina (I think it was her) said that the Ensor skins are for those who want to be festive during the event, but if you wanna be festive year round you can make the weapon (which has its own stats) and is NOT transmuteable, the weapon can be made at any point in the year, however you will need to get the holiday supplies during the holiday if you want to craft it.
    You can craft the vendor skins (only 3 of them) however it is overpriced like I said (gift of ascalon, 250 obsidian ingots etc). You can't craft the black lion chest skins. The GS chainsaw currently cost 45g on the AH and is only going to be more expensive when the event is over.

Black lion chest skins have a low low drop rate making you buy shit tons of keys.

It is absurd imo and not worth the effort.

I feel like the dog from Reddit: I have no idea what I am doing.

Just running around spamming F.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    You can craft the vendor skins (only 3 of them) however it is overpriced like I said (gift of ascalon, 250 obsidian ingots etc). You can't craft the black lion chest skins. The GS chainsaw currently cost 45g on the AH and is only going to be more expensive when the event is over.

Black lion chest skins have a low low drop rate making you buy shit tons of keys.

It is absurd imo and not worth the effort.
    Oh u fully agree the prices are stupid but I guess if you want the skin permanently you're gonna have to work for it, maybe they're about on par with legendaries... IE try change a bit of your animations (not to the same extent as a legendary for obvious reasons though!)

---------- Post added 2012-10-23 at 09:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Well, to be fair, it's difficult to be surprised by their choices in this matter. It's pretty clear that they want you to fork over a few bucks if you want ALL the stuff. =D
    That's for the fancy Halloween gear xD, they may convince me to fork over some money for that witches outfit though...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    *cough* there's the minstrel from the mesmer video on lions arch north side, just between the mistic forge and the bridge that goes to the highlands

I am not sure what this food fight thing is all about. I just see like a hundred people spamming F along with me.

Is it broken?

Like am I suppose to have some new food fight skills? Not sure. There are like a million people here. Spell effects everywhere.

Also the costume brawl is, weird. Hard to tell who I am fighting or if I am even hitting someone. Prefer the old way of costume brawl...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yah! Which is totally fine, there's nothing wrong with creating stuff that's cool enough that people want to give them a few bucks for it. =)
    Yeah but sadly they go too much into the "consumable", it's fine to buy something just for fun, but if you also get to use only once, not so much.

And gear cloth was a good idea, based on the what people used to do in other mmos (idling in town), but I find myself pretty much never in town, always something to do in the outside world.

Perhaps if there was a way to automatically switch back to town clothing when out of fight, but currently I cannot see myself spending money for non-combat gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sekira View Post
    Yeah but sadly they go too much into the "consumable", it's fine to buy something just for fun, but if you also get to use only once, not so much.

And gear cloth was a good idea, based on the what people used to do in other mmos (idling in town), but I find myself pretty much never in town, always something to do in the outside world.

Perhaps if there was a way to automatically switch back to town clothing when out of fight, but currently I cannot see myself spending money for non-combat gear.
    Hehe engineer's rejoice! we can use kits (and fight) without having to change our clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I am not sure what this food fight thing is all about. I just see like a hundred people spamming F along with me.

Is it broken?

Like am I suppose to have some new food fight skills? Not sure. There are like a million people here. Spell effects everywhere.

Also the costume brawl is, weird. Hard to tell who I am fighting or if I am even hitting someone. Prefer the old way of costume brawl...
    I got up to 25 ranks of champion brawler by targeting those poor fools just spamming F on the food tables.

If you target someone while at the food table, you'll hit them with food and get a hit. But the best way to be in the costume brawl is to turn into something that has brawler skills (the candy corn, spider, and skeleton among others). I think the food table is just there to attract people for me to hit

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I got up to 25 ranks of champion brawler by targeting those poor fools just spamming F on the food tables.

If you target someone while at the food table, you'll hit them with food and get a hit. But the best way to be in the costume brawl is to turn into something that has brawler skills (the candy corn, spider, and skeleton among others). I think the food table is just there to attract people for me to hit
    The whole costume/food brawl idea is just a mess. I use skill and gain for example 9 stacks of buff. Next second other players use their skills and i'm not only lose All stacks but also punched for 10 meters away and stunned for few seconds. I've spend like 10 minutes in this idiocy and just left this mess. We don't gain anything from brawl anyway so there is no need to suffer. This is the second thing after release that i hate in this game.
    Last edited by OmniSkribe; 2012-10-23 at 03:51 PM.