Page 1 of 37
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Shadow of the Mad King - first content patch 10/22/12

Valar morghulis

aww yeah, mad king thorn

Looks great. Can't wait!

The cities in GW1 were all done up for the holidays. Given what Anet have to work with in GW2, I expect nothing short of spectacular. Pumpkin cookies 4life.

Wonder if they are gonna do the mid season Wintersday again. Pretty sure we'll get the normal Wintersday but not sure if the mid year tradition will carry over to GW2. We shouldn't have the Cantha summer fest... Cantha is closed.

Also I hope GW1 events still happen because I am still playing through Factions as Prophecy born Mesmer. Don't screw me out of my GW1 prizes Anet...

I like the graphic, especially that evil moon, that's the twisted halloween I want! I am back to GW2 for some time

Will be my first time experiencing holiday events in an ArenaNet game.

10+ Year Old Account
    In addition to the holiday events it's a major content patch.

New events
    New jumping puzzles
    New bosses
    New mini-dungeons
    New achievements

I haven't finished the last batch of stuff!
    Valar morghulis

I think Halloween events are always my favorite, in any game that has them. I'm looking forward to seeing what the costumes look like.

New bosses,achievements and events? Sounds awesome can't wait!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    In addition to the holiday events it's a major content patch.

New events
    New jumping puzzles
    New bosses
    New mini-dungeons
    New achievements

I haven't finished the last batch of stuff!
    Id hope we see a lot more than that for it to be a major content patch, a week long holiday event, some new events and achievements seems a little thin. There isnt anything that jumps out right away. I know i know, quote me and tell me I shouldn't be here if im being negative but if this game is going to be reinstalled Id like to see something that constitutes the term 'major' content patch. Of course if there are hundreds of new scenarios puzzles etc that might be more understandable, its probably my wow mindest, but this feels like a filler patch.

Guild Wars holiday/festivals are sort of a big deal for the franchise. Usually Anet added a slew of quests and 1 time only items that appreciate in value over the years.

Its likely most of the Guild Wars 2 patches will follow this type of content release. Just like the first game. This will always be a casual/pick-up & play type game. New DEs/puzzles/exploration areas are major content for GW2- that's what Anet were selling & hopefully why players bought the game.

Woo halloween festival, been waiting for this! Exciting

10+ Year Old Account
    anets holidays in gw1 never had more content than holidays in world of warcraft though.

I'd really like new epic karma chains, with new super bosses - like the dragons, across the orr zones. Whereby you get a ton of karma for finishing the chains.

Deleted
    When I think about Halloween I think about Jack Skellington, and when I think about Jack Skellington I get happy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Id hope we see a lot more than that for it to be a major content patch, a week long holiday event, some new events and achievements seems a little thin. There isnt anything that jumps out right away. I know i know, quote me and tell me I shouldn't be here if im being negative but if this game is going to be reinstalled Id like to see something that constitutes the term 'major' content patch. Of course if there are hundreds of new scenarios puzzles etc that might be more understandable, its probably my wow mindest, but this feels like a filler patch.
    If you don't consider this update to be anything major, then that's you not getting the game again. These features are core to the game. We know your feeling on GW2. We know you don't have it installed. Please tell me what should constitute major in your eyes? What could they possibly add to the game to make you come back, when you clearly don't enjoy the core concepts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasere View Post
    If you don't consider this update to be anything major, then that's you not getting the game again. These features are core to the game. We know your feeling on GW2. We know you don't have it installed. Please tell me what should constitute major in your eyes? What could they possibly add to the game to make you come back, when you clearly don't enjoy the core concepts?
    we can always not care about him and ignore him
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    1 time only items that appreciate in value over the years.

Ooh, what kind of items?
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I like how even the definitions of words are a matter of "getting the game" with some of you guys. Seriously, it sounds like a cult half the time.
    It's a cult for me to suggest that if he doesn't find-

Events
    Bosses
    Mini Dungeons
    Halloween event
    New items
    Achievements

major content that he doesn't get the game? Nah it's totally reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Ooh, what kind of items?
    Costumes, consumables, pets and stuff. Lots of fun stuff like fireworks and tonics too. Beer.

Been waiting for this.Can't wait to see what changes are in store for Tyria during Shadow of the Mad King holiday.

First ever Halloween event for Guild Wars in 2005
    "Chaos boils in my veins."