Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Yeah but unfortunately they made no indication of how low the chance would be, even the store page said "discover the secrets of the chest" and had pictures of weapons next to it. So those people that rolled the dice 80 times and got mystery potions should be fine with that? Considering the absolutely rediculous price of gems atm.
    Yes, they should be fine with it. It's just the same as an Asian cash shop gasha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but unfortunately they made no indication of how low the chance would be, even the store page said "discover the secrets of the chest" and had pictures of weapons next to it. So those people that rolled the dice 80 times and got mystery potions should be fine with that? Considering the absolutely rediculous price of gems atm.
    Like I said, they made it so if you put 6 tonics, 2 different buffs and a candy corn (essentially the contents of 2 chests) into the mystic forge you'll get a chest that you can just flat out open that has a SIGNIFICANTLY HIGHER chance of dropping those items, so the chance from the chest was abysmal yes but for very 2 you opened you ended up with a chest with about a 1/15 or so chance for them which is pretty fair IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's still not a scam. It might be an unpopular gamble, but does the fact that you didn't know the exact % chance of getting the items make it a scam? If that were true, then wow. Pretty much every game with drops was made by a company full of SCAMMERS!

Also @fencers most forms of gambling tell you the odds, such as the lottery. ANet knows they scammed their playerbase otherwise they wouldnt have panic added a chest in the middle of a planned out event. Plus im almost positive they apologised somewhere on the forums, or at least admitted their fault.
    Heh. Is it an apology? Or clever marketing?

No its a crappy bandaid fix and the drop chances were the same. Infact I got more useless crap from those chests than I did from the BLC.

I know GW2 are against everything to do with learning how to play a game but at the very least they could have added some kind of token system to get the skins since the core design philosophy of GW is not to have a gear treadmill but to waste time on pointless vanity sets. So they make their vanity sets RNG? Aye right.

Also @fencers most forms of gambling tell you the odds, such as the lottery. ANet knows they scammed their playerbase otherwise they wouldnt have panic added a chest in the middle of a planned out event. Plus im almost positive they apologised somewhere on the forums, or at least admitted their fault.
    I wanted the skins as much as the next guy, but that wasn't the entirety of the holiday or anything. I got backpieces for a few of my alts, 1 greater and 2 lessers, and the books are very nice looking. A friend that I helped got the books and he's only hit level 20 now. In addition there was plenty of drops from the dungeon and the labyrinth, more traditional ways of getting loot.

So yeah, it may have been nice to have a better shot at the chest, but there was other stuff as well.

Deleted
    Didn't think the jumping puzzle was that bad honestly.. I think it's nice that there was a time-pressure element combined with tricky jumps. It also helps that it wasn't required for the Emissary title.

10+ Year Old Account
    Guildcast dissects the Halloween Event:

http://blip.tv/guildcast/guildcast-4...oscope-6422049
    Valar morghulis