15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waervyn View Post
    Think I got everything to work, except for arsmagicka (which messes up my thermal expansion) and computercraft (which seems to have kind of the same problem, my mining pick turns into a lightning essence etc.). Also equivalent exchange doesn't seem to work (I can for example find the philosophers stone in NEI, but it doesn't give a recipe and I can't craft it from the recipe on wikipedia
    It's very possible that certain mods are buggy and need updates. This is the main reason why I started this thread, so people know when mods update and know when bugs are fixed. It's nice to get the latest innovations, but having a bug-free gaming experience is the first priority.

Computercraft updated to pr2, it's still in beta though, so bugsquashing is going on there. The EE3 is technically for 1.5.1 so may also be buggy for 1.5.2 users. Ars Magica is a huge mod and I'm not surprised at all in the bugs. It's just a matter of waiting for them to be fixed. There's nothing we as players can do.

Quote Originally Posted by ahwtx View Post
    and then there was one... c'mon mystcraft!!!
    i was oh so seriously hoping it would update today.
    Here's the latest from XCompWiz: https://twitter.com/XCompWiz/status/335502590508941312

Need? That's quite flattering. I'm not doing a straight port, so it takes a little longer, but hopefully not too much longer now.
    It's not clear if hes talking about a release version for the public or the beta version for his testing team.

-----------------

Updates!

• Computercraft Updated
    • Steve's Carts 2 Updated
    • Tinkers Construct Updated
    • IndustrialCraft 2 Updated
    • GregTech Addon Updated
    • Logistics Pipes Updated

Few updates today. Nothing too major.

I've been wondering whether or not I really need Mystcraft.

I've decided that XYCraft isn't worth waiting for ... it's got nothing I use other than the tanks and the fabricator, both of which I have replacements for.

RP2 has nothing that I need at all now. I prefer red alloy wire to rednet cables for simple stuff, but I'll go with the mod that's actually available and has an author who is actually accessible.

Which means that worldgen-wise every mod I need is ready, and my primary use for Mystcraft is to create a mining age so that I can max out the ores. I like BIG builds (particle accelerators take a lot of ingots ) so improving the ore to stone ratio is very helpful.

I've been crawling the MC forums for several hours now looking for a way to centralise and control generation of ore in the overworld. The problem is that the obvious candidate Custom Ore Generation isn't updated and the author is apparently having trouble doing so. Better Ore Distribution is also not updated.

With all the biome mods, and all the other mods which have world gen, it's hard to build an actual search in the MC forums that doesn't have a lot of false positives.

So I was wondering if you guys had any pointers to a means by which I could turn my overworld into a dense ores world? I realise that I can go and tweak the individual mods config files to achieve the goal, but that's a major undertaking which I'll undertake only if there's no better alternative.

Thoughts, anyone?

(I'll keep looking and report back if I find anything ... once I figure out why putting immibis-microblocks-55.0.1.jar into my core mods keeps crashing the damn game.)

Deleted
    That sounds about right. :P I'm hoping to have a working updated build for the testers sometime next week

latest from xcomp so a while yet

have you tried bioms a plenty with your pack mate? not asking for it to be added to pack was think of adding it instead of extrabioms

Quote Originally Posted by skedone View Post
    That sounds about right. :P I'm hoping to have a working updated build for the testers sometime next week

latest from xcomp so a while yet

have you tried bioms a plenty with your pack mate? not asking for it to be added to pack was think of adding it instead of extrabioms

If you use it, try it with Natura. And also just for a FYI, the BOP 0.5.3 config file has a couple of double ID's in it that you will need to fix in order to get the mod to run.

Duplicate post. I'll recycle it for a rant.

I spent a couple of hours yesterday on a mod which kept crashing my new pack.

This particular mod is a core mod, but the mod author has made it dependent upon a non-core mod. I was well aware of (although amazed by) this fact and ensured that the non-core mod was installed.

What I didn't know was that when I downloaded the non-core dependency mod it had gotten corrupted! A fresh download and I was back in business.

What an amateur! lol
    Last edited by Doormat; 2013-05-19 at 01:45 AM.

Is there something that can detect conflicting IDs? After I installed Biomes O Plenty, I noticed that it literaly ate some IDs, replacing other items in recipes so I would like to know what else does it replace.

Deleted
    Loving all these mods! So far have a sorting machine that brings everything to the right boxes (using diamond pipes, haven't gone into the more difficult ones yet). I just managed to find a fortress in the nether after long searching, and managed to get enough blaze rods to make a blast oven. Steel here I come!

I seem to have a problem with my farm though...3 sides are trees, other side is vegetable. In the vegetable area it should leave a block free for water if I understand correctly.
    The tank is full of water, everything works...but it fills everything up with dirt. Also...when I remove one dirt, it puts water there...but the next time I come back it's dirt again.

Am I doing something wrong?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doormat View Post
    So I was wondering if you guys had any pointers to a means by which I could turn my overworld into a dense ores world? I realise that I can go and tweak the individual mods config files to achieve the goal, but that's a major undertaking which I'll undertake only if there's no better alternative.
    Modify the World.cfg file for Thermal Expansion. You can tweak vanilla ores etc.

Quote Originally Posted by skedone View Post
    Yeah, we had it on the list in 1.4.7. Too many Biome mods!

Quote Originally Posted by hofmannk View Post
    If you use it, try it with Natura.
    Natura will be on the 1.5.2. list when Mystcraft updates and I get those configs out to people. Just waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Is there something that can detect conflicting IDs? After I installed Biomes O Plenty, I noticed that it literaly ate some IDs, replacing other items in recipes so I would like to know what else does it replace.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...porter-Program

It's what I use for everything!

I seem to have a problem with my farm though...3 sides are trees, other side is vegetable. In the vegetable area it should leave a block free for water if I understand correctly.
    The tank is full of water, everything works...but it fills everything up with dirt. Also...when I remove one dirt, it puts water there...but the next time I come back it's dirt again.

Am I doing something wrong?
    Welcome to the wornderful world of glitchy Forestry multiblock farms! So much better than the originals! /sarcasm

gonna be a bit longer for mystcraft. here's the latest tweet from xcompwiz:

"That sounds about right. :P I'm hoping to have a working updated build for the testers sometime next week."

now that i'm thinking of it, though, couldn't i just get a 1.5.2 world up and running without mystcraft and then add it in later? or will that cause problems with worldgen? possibly making it hard to find pages and such?

15+ Year Old Account
    now that i'm thinking of it, though, couldn't i just get a 1.5.2 world up and running without mystcraft and then add it in later? or will that cause problems with worldgen? possibly making it hard to find pages and such?
    Yeah, that pages wont spawn and the villagers wont spawn. In all honesty though I just use the creatively spawned notebook. Trying to find pages will drive you insane. Really bizarre way of getting people to discover symbols.

re: finding id conflicts, i have found another program as an alternative to oldfarmerjoe's fantastic perl script. this one requires python, but it's also pretty sweet.

http://forum.feed-the-beast.com/thre...15#post-258550

hmmm... i was trying to link to another id conflict program, and i had a link to the ftb forums in the post. i'm getting a message that the post needs mod approval though?

how many posts do i need before i get some more relaxed permissions?

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 12:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Yeah, that pages wont spawn and the villagers wont spawn. In all honesty though I just use the creatively spawned notebook. Trying to find pages will drive you insane. Really bizarre way of getting people to discover symbols.
    but will they still spawn in newly generated chunks as i explore further out after installing mystcraft later on?

Deleted

Welcome to the wornderful world of glitchy Forestry multiblock farms! So much better than the originals! /sarcasm
    Hmm fair enough. Managed to solve it by doing a manual farm...so I could make the waterholes myself

15+ Year Old Account
    hmmm... i was trying to link to another id conflict program, and i had a link to the ftb forums in the post. i'm getting a message that the post needs mod approval though?

how many posts do i need before i get some more relaxed permissions?

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 12:47 PM ----------

but will they still spawn in newly generated chunks as i explore further out after installing mystcraft later on?
    Not sure how many posts. I would have thought 10. Might be just links though. If it's caught in the spam filter then Madgod or Wozarib will approve it eventually.

Also, they will spawn in new chunks. It's just a pain because you have to explore far.

---------- Post added 2013-05-18 at 03:33 PM ----------

Fixed Download Link for Enchanting Plus.

Hmm fair enough. Managed to solve it by doing a manual farm...so I could make the waterholes myself
    Look into the MineFactory Reloaded farms. I find them to be far superior.

Is there any way for it to detect conflicts from something else than roaming? I use FTB ultimate pack which isnt located there.

Nevermind, found it, just edited ".minecraft" to "minecraft" in the wordpad and it worked.

Now to actualy make sense of that mess it spat out.
    Last edited by Verdugo; 2013-05-18 at 08:10 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Is there any way for it to detect conflicts from something else than roaming? I use FTB ultimate pack which isnt located there.

Nevermind, found it, just edited ".minecraft" to "minecraft" in the wordpad and it worked.

Now to actualy make sense of that mess it spat out.
    Yeah, was gonna mention that you can edit the path. I have mine set for my MultiMC paths and it works great.

guys is there way to see free item id over 4096?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kikisp View Post
    guys is there way to see free item id over 4096?
    Blocks can go up to 4096, Items can go up much higher. 32,000 ish

I again suggest http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...porter-Program

It will lay out all the used ID's that you have. you can go from there.

Agreed; use the tool Fuzzzie linked. It works well for its purpose