10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    That looks really nice. I hear about XBXL 4.0 a lot but right now I'm fine with a few bugs in NEI as long as its known and being worked on. Cheers for reporting it again and getting traction on the report I made a few days ago.
    np, something like that would bug me to no end.

Had to revert back to Forge 6.4.1.425, 426 was crashing minecraft at the Mojang logo:

Code:
    2012-12-07 21:51:37 [INFO] [ForgeModLoader] Forge Mod Loader version 4.5.17.479 for Minecraft 1.4.5 loading
    2012-12-07 21:51:37 [FINEST] [ForgeModLoader] All core mods are successfully located
    2012-12-07 21:51:37 [FINEST] [ForgeModLoader] Discovering coremods
    2012-12-07 21:51:37 [FINEST] [ForgeModLoader] Found a candidate coremod [1.4.5]TreeCapitator.Forge.1.4.5.r03.Uni.CoreMod.jar
    2012-12-07 21:51:37 [FINEST] [ForgeModLoader] Loading coremod [1.4.5]TreeCapitator.Forge.1.4.5.r03.Uni.CoreMod.jar
    2012-12-07 21:51:37 [FINEST] [ForgeModLoader] Loaded coremod [1.4.5]TreeCapitator.Forge.1.4.5.r03.Uni.CoreMod.jar
    2012-12-07 21:51:37 [FINEST] [ForgeModLoader] Found a candidate coremod CodeChickenCore 0.6.13.jar
    2012-12-07 21:51:37 [FINEST] [ForgeModLoader] Loading coremod CodeChickenCore 0.6.13.jar
    2012-12-07 21:51:37 [FINEST] [ForgeModLoader] Loaded coremod CodeChickenCore 0.6.13.jar
    2012-12-07 21:51:37 [FINEST] [ForgeModLoader] Found a candidate coremod NotEnoughItems 1.4.3.2.jar
    2012-12-07 21:51:37 [FINEST] [ForgeModLoader] Loading coremod NotEnoughItems 1.4.3.2.jar
    2012-12-07 21:51:37 [FINEST] [ForgeModLoader] Loaded coremod NotEnoughItems 1.4.3.2.jar
    2012-12-07 21:51:37 [FINEST] [ForgeModLoader] Found library file argo-2.25.jar present and correct in lib dir
    2012-12-07 21:51:37 [FINEST] [ForgeModLoader] Found library file guava-12.0.1.jar present and correct in lib dir
    2012-12-07 21:51:37 [FINEST] [ForgeModLoader] Found library file asm-all-4.0.jar present and correct in lib dir
    2012-12-07 21:51:37 [FINEST] [ForgeModLoader] Running coremod plugins
    2012-12-07 21:51:37 [FINEST] [ForgeModLoader] Running coremod plugin FMLCorePlugin
    2012-12-07 21:51:38 [FINEST] [ForgeModLoader] Coremod plugin FMLCorePlugin run successfully
    2012-12-07 21:51:38 [FINEST] [ForgeModLoader] Running coremod plugin FMLForgePlugin
    2012-12-07 21:51:38 [FINEST] [ForgeModLoader] Coremod plugin FMLForgePlugin run successfully
    2012-12-07 21:51:38 [FINEST] [ForgeModLoader] Running coremod plugin TreeCapitatorCorePlugin
    2012-12-07 21:51:38 [FINEST] [ForgeModLoader] Coremod plugin TreeCapitatorCorePlugin run successfully
    2012-12-07 21:51:38 [FINEST] [ForgeModLoader] Running coremod plugin CodeChickenCorePlugin
    2012-12-07 21:51:38 [INFO] [STDOUT] Adding Accesstransformer map: codechickencore_at.cfg
    2012-12-07 21:51:38 [FINEST] [ForgeModLoader] Coremod plugin CodeChickenCorePlugin run successfully
    2012-12-07 21:51:38 [FINEST] [ForgeModLoader] Running coremod plugin NEICorePlugin
    2012-12-07 21:51:38 [INFO] [STDOUT] Adding Accesstransformer map: nei_at.cfg
    2012-12-07 21:51:38 [FINEST] [ForgeModLoader] Coremod plugin NEICorePlugin run successfully
    2012-12-07 21:51:38 [FINEST] [ForgeModLoader] Validating minecraft
    2012-12-07 21:51:38 [FINEST] [ForgeModLoader] Minecraft validated, launching...
    2012-12-07 21:51:39 [INFO] [STDOUT] Inserted super call into avs.c
    2012-12-07 21:51:39 [INFO] [STDOUT] auy was overriden from NotEnoughItems 1.4.3.2.jar
    2012-12-07 21:51:39 [INFO] [STDOUT] Generated BlockMobSpawner helper method.
    2012-12-07 21:51:40 [INFO] [STDOUT] 27 achievements
    2012-12-07 21:51:40 [INFO] [STDOUT] 208 recipes
    2012-12-07 21:51:40 [INFO] [STDOUT] Setting user: greevir, -988376856827120968
    2012-12-07 21:51:40 [INFO] [STDOUT] LWJGL Version: 2.4.2
    2012-12-07 21:51:40 [INFO] [STDERR] Exception in thread "Minecraft main thread" java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: ofCustomFonts
    2012-12-07 21:51:40 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at atj.getFontTexturePack(FontRenderer.java:286)
    2012-12-07 21:51:40 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at atj.init(FontRenderer.java:136)
    2012-12-07 21:51:40 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at atj.<init>(FontRenderer.java:119)
    2012-12-07 21:51:40 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:422)
    2012-12-07 21:51:40 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:756)
    2012-12-07 21:51:40 [INFO] [STDERR] 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Last edited by Greevir; 2012-12-08 at 03:54 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Had to revert back to Forge 6.4.1.425, 426 was crashing minecraft at the Mojang logo:
    It's a fact that when using mods, especially cutting edge mods that you're bound to encounter issues. I struggle with the desire to make a working 1.4.5 list and an experimental 1.4.5 list. Currently I'm providing the latest mod versions for 1.4.5 that are available. If I switched to just doing recommended versions I feel that the list would become boring.

The fact of the matter is that a lot of these mods are in a constant state of development. Getting 50+ mods to play nice is a challenge. I can easily help with simple installation errors, but bugs and code mishaps are something the dev needs to address.

Bit of a rant there. Not directed at you.. just sayin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I know. Just giving a heads up. (and making sure it isn't just me)

XBXL is updated to 3.5.0b now. If you go to the wiki there is a change log for 3.6 but I cant find it anywhere to download.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hofmannk View Post
    XBXL is updated to 3.5.0b now. If you go to the wiki there is a change log for 3.6 but I cant find it anywhere to download.
    Trying to decide it 3.5.0b official is > 3.5.4 dev. I'll wait to see whats posted from the devs tomorrow. It might actually be the bug fix me and Greevir posted in their thread.

3.5.0b solved my lag problem so I will probably stay with it until the 3.6 or v4 comes out.

I watched you Let's Play episode 2. I don't know how to set the configs to have bronze the old way, but there is now an Iron Mortar in the game. The mortar can turn ingots to dust, but is limited to 64 uses before it decays into iron dust. I'm assuming this is a GregTech item to make up for the fact that you don't get a macerator until later. As far as I know, this is the only way to get bronze in the early stages. You just have to combine the iron mortar with the ingot in a crafting grid.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 11:49 AM ----------

I also wanted to mention that I started a new game earlier with the goal to get into computercraft early. I used my first 3 diamonds on a pickaxe for my turtle and wrote a program to help branch mine with torch placement. I feel like it was one of the smarter moves I've made for obsidian mining. They're immune to lava, mine it faster, and with the branch mining program, I was able to run around with an iron pickaxe and find more diamonds with relative ease.

Deleted
    Did anyone solve the bronze crafting from ingots disappearing? O.o
    Happened to me, today too. And my auto-crafting just ceize to work due to the lack of bronze ingot creation. Any idea?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hofmannk View Post
    3.5.0b solved my lag problem so I will probably stay with it until the 3.6 or v4 comes out.
    Trying the Dev version 3.5.4 today. I'll see how it goes. No time to play right now sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Adalonus View Post
    I watched you Let's Play episode 2. I don't know how to set the configs to have bronze the old way, but there is now an Iron Mortar in the game. The mortar can turn ingots to dust, but is limited to 64 uses before it decays into iron dust. I'm assuming this is a GregTech item to make up for the fact that you don't get a macerator until later. As far as I know, this is the only way to get bronze in the early stages. You just have to combine the iron mortar with the ingot in a crafting grid.
    Yeah, I saw the morter. Probably just going to use TE to get the dust for now. Might try the morter though.

I also wanted to mention that I started a new game earlier with the goal to get into computercraft early. I used my first 3 diamonds on a pickaxe for my turtle and wrote a program to help branch mine with torch placement. I feel like it was one of the smarter moves I've made for obsidian mining. They're immune to lava, mine it faster, and with the branch mining program, I was able to run around with an iron pickaxe and find more diamonds with relative ease.
    Can you share the code? I'm terrible at doing it. Something I have to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by warplord View Post
    Did anyone solve the bronze crafting from ingots disappearing? O.o
    Happened to me, today too. And my auto-crafting just ceize to work due to the lack of bronze ingot creation. Any idea?
    I checked the forestry config and the crafting recipe for it is enabled. Dunno what is causing it to not work. It's not a huge deal just yet, but eventually when I need mixed metal it will be a problem!

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 02:36 PM ----------

• Added Enchanting Plus

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 05:06 PM ----------

• Forestry Updated
    • Extra Bees Updated
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2012-12-08 at 10:10 PM.

Deleted
    I wrote in your youtube video comment the reason why bronze is uncraftable from ingots anymore. It's not really a big deal :P

Can you share the code? I'm terrible at doing it. Something I have to learn.

---------- Post added 2012-12-08 at 02:36 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
    • Added Enchanting Plus
    [COLOR="red"]
    I'll share it when I get home later today. It's not that great of a code, and I'm sure it has many places I could compact it, but it works alright. It doesn't have a way of depositing it's inventory programmed in. You basically just place it, run the program and it should set up for the next shaft. It also does have some torch redundancy when it starts. I'll try to correct this before I post.

General Overview of the Program:
    • You need to keep coal in the first slot and torches in the second.
    • When placed, it will immediately check it's fuel levels and consume fuel from the first slot (just keep a stack of coal in there, you should be finding plenty).
    • It will turn right, dig into the shaft, back up and place a torch on the wall of the corridor. Then continue digging 70 blocks forward (above and below forming a 1x2x70 shaft) and placing torches every 10 blocks.
    • It will then turn around and exit the shaft, turn right, move forward two and stop. This sets it up for the next shaft so you only have to start the program again.
    • I have written the code to have the program start with the command "multistrip <#>" The number is the number of shafts you want it to dig in a row. A full stack of torches will be used in about 5 strips. So you could start the program with the command "multistrip 5" and it will dig 5 shafts, each with two blocks in between (which is the optimal branch mining method).
    • It will not get stuck on gravel of stop the program if someone stand in front of it. It will destroy anything in front and 1 block above it.

Using this program could be used to create a branch mine or pinwheel mine. I prefer pinwheels as they are easier to find you central shaft down, which is why I always had it turn right. It only has to be a mining turtle if you follow it around. If you don't you'll need to add a chunk loader. I mined my obsidian just using the lua prompt or making a program that just repeated digDown and move forward a few times then just move back to the original position.

I also wanted to mention that if you label your turtle, when you break it, it will keep it's programs and fuel level. This way you don't have to re-import programs or waste fuel when you have to manually move it. Otherwise, the game thinks you're placing a new turtle and creates a new folder and ID for it.

Edit: Coding is added.

This program uses an enderchest to return items. Place fuel in slot 1, torches in 2, and an enderchest in 3.

Code:
    --Ender Strip Miner Program

local tArgs = { ... }

function fuel()
    	local f=turtle.getFuelLevel()
    	local c=turtle.getItemCount(1)
    	if f < 200 and c > 5 then
    		turtle.select(1)
    		turtle.refuel()
    	end
    	if f < 200 and c < 5 then
    		print("Low fuel "..f)
    		print("Enter to Continue")
    		io.read()
    	end
    end
    function inventoryFull()
    	full = turtle.getItemCount(16) > 0
    	return full
    end
    function returnItems() 
    	turtle.select(3)
    	turtle.placeUp()
    	for i = 4,16 do    
    		turtle.select(i)    
    		turtle.dropUp()
    	end
    	turtle.select(3)
    	turtle.digUp()
    	turtle.select(1)
    end
    function torch()
    	turtle.back()
    	turtle.select(2)
    	turtle.placeUp()
    	turtle.select(1)
    	turtle.forward()
    end
    function digForward()
    	moved = false
    	while not(moved) do
    		turtle.dig()
    		moved = turtle.forward()
    	end
    end
    function shaft()
    	fuel()
    	turtle.turnRight()
    	digForward()
    	turtle.digUp()
    	for i=1,10 do
    		for i=1,7 do
    			if inventoryFull() then
    				returnItems()
    			end
    			digForward()
    			turtle.digUp()
    		end
    		torch()
    	end
    	turtle.turnRight()
    	turtle.turnRight()
    	for i=1,71 do
    		digForward()
    	end
    	turtle.turnRight()
    	turtle.forward()
    	turtle.forward()
    	turtle.forward()
    end
    function question()
    	print("Please place coal in slot 1, torches in 2, and an enderchest in 3")
    	print("Type anything when complete")
    	answer = read()
    end
    function start()
    	term.clear()
    	question()
    	for i=1,tArgs[1] do
    		shaft()
    	end
    end

start()

This program does NOT use an enderchest to return items. If its inventory is full, it will just start dropping items on the ground. If you're following it, you'll just pick them up.
    Code:
    --Strip Miner Program

local tArgs = { ... }

function fuel()
    	local f=turtle.getFuelLevel()
    	local c=turtle.getItemCount(1)
    	if f < 200 and c > 5 then
    		turtle.select(1)
    		turtle.refuel()
    	end
    	if f < 200 and c < 5 then
    		print("Low fuel "..f)
    		print("Enter to Continue")
    		io.read()
    	end
    end
    function torch()
    	turtle.back()
    	turtle.select(2)
    	turtle.placeUp()
    	turtle.select(1)
    	turtle.forward()
    end
    function digForward()
    	moved = false
    	while not(moved) do
    		turtle.dig()
    		moved = turtle.forward()
    	end
    end
    function shaft()
    	fuel()
    	turtle.turnRight()
    	digForward()
    	turtle.digUp()
    	for i=1,10 do
    		for i=1,7 do
    			digForward()
    			turtle.digUp()
    		end
    		torch()
    	end
    	turtle.turnRight()
    	turtle.turnRight()
    	for i=1,71 do
    		digForward()
    	end
    	turtle.turnRight()
    	turtle.forward()
    	turtle.forward()
    	turtle.forward()
    end
    function question()
    	print("Please place coal in slot 1 and torches in 2")
    	print("Type anything when complete")
    	answer = read()
    end
    function start()
    	term.clear()
    	question()
    	for i=1,tArgs[1] do
    		shaft()
    	end
    end

start()
    I'm sure there's ways I could condense this or improve it, but I've already made a GoTo/Quarry turtle, so I'm not really worried about my strip mining program anymore. To import these files, save it in your turtle's directory. It is in your world save folder. So ...\minecraft\saves\Test\computer\0 if my computer ID was 0 (type ID in your turtle to find out it's ID). Whatever you save it as is now your program name. So if you save it as multistrip.txt, you start the program with as "multistrip.txt 2" to dig two mineshafts. If you save it as multistrip (without an extension on it) it will start up with "multistrip 2".
    Last edited by Adalonus; 2012-12-09 at 12:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wrote in your youtube video comment the reason why bronze is uncraftable from ingots anymore. It's not really a big deal :P
    Confirmed. Removed GregTech to test. Recipe works without GregTech. Kind of would like to see it documented somewhere to be sure though.

Confirmed. Removed GregTech to test. Recipe works without GregTech. Kind of would like to see it documented somewhere to be sure though.
    Its part of greg tech, you have to use the railcraft rolling machine for mixed metal ingots, its a config option.

When railcraft is installed it makes this change, it also changes a few recipes that would normally use refined iron to now require steel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wildemagic View Post
    Its part of greg tech, you have to use the railcraft rolling machine for mixed metal ingots, its a config option.

When railcraft is installed it makes this change, it also changes a few recipes that would normally use refined iron to now require steel.
    I can't even make it in the rolling machine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cool, yeah I thought it was gregtech. i fiddled with some of the settings in it too. Was getting a little annoying.

I'll share it when I get home later today. It's not that great of a code, and I'm sure it has many places I could compact it, but it works alright. It doesn't have a way of depositing it's inventory programmed in. You basically just place it, run the program and it should set up for the next shaft. It also does have some torch redundancy when it starts. I'll try to correct this before I post.
    Cool. Got it saved. I'll give it a try later on. Thanks!!

Yeah. Bit of a pain in the ass. They should have it as a config option.

I can't even make it in the rolling machine.
    Are you giving it power? Worked for me today, although I removed the requirement for it since it was getting irritating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you giving it power? Worked for me today, although I removed the requirement for it since it was getting irritating.
    I think I am. I placed a stirling engine next to it, threw some coal in it, switched on the lever, engine was pumping and the bar in the roller was filling up. Threw in the 3 copper and 1 tin and nothing.

Is anyone else having trouble piping steam into railcraft steam engines?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is anyone else having trouble piping steam into railcraft steam engines?
    No clue, all I know is my texture pack is bugged out with them. Will try to see if they work though. All three are working fine (Hobbyist, Industrial, and Commercial).
    Last edited by Greevir; 2012-12-09 at 03:21 AM.

No clue, all I know is my texture pack is bugged out with them. Will try to see if they work though.
    Yeah. Mine won't pump steam into the engines. Also the valve pipes from the Valve Pipe mod aren't pumping steam out of an iron tank when using a gate.

I just wanted to see if anyone else was having the issue or if mine (as always) is a personal one.

10+ Year Old Account
    You got the waterproof pipes taking steam into the side of the engines, right?