Deleted
    Factorization got updated to version 0.8.01. He also seems to be working on the 1.6.x version :-)
    Last edited by mmoc628fe82859; 2013-07-09 at 01:27 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for all the updates guys! LOL, I slept for like 12 hours. Was really tired. Working on the list now

- - - Updated - - -

1.5.2 Updates!

• Applied Energistics Updated
    • ChocoCraft Updated
    • Factorization Updated
    • GregTech Addon Updated
    • Logistics Pipes Updated
    • Forge Essentials Updated

1.6.2 Updates!

• Forge Updated
    • Forge 1.6.1 Removed. Update!
    • Applied Energistics Updated
    • Better World Generation Updated
    • Biomes O' Plenty Updated
    • Computercraft Updated
    • Inventory Tweaks Updated
    • Light Level Overlay Updated
    • Steve's Carts 2 Updated

Applied Energistics is a dev version for both 1.5.2 and 1.6.2. Please report bugs to AlogrithmX2 and not me!

Applied Energistics Changelog:

Added Null Check for potentially bad items.
    Powered Screens are now 'brighter'
    Level Emitter torch appears to glow
    The MAC Opens to last open page on first open.
    Fixed minor oddity with cable model being inconsistent.
    Vibration Catalyst can now only 'smelt' fully smelt-able blocks. ( no partially smelt-able blocks )
    Fixed localization of the word "OF"
    Updated For better power API
    Fix for strange chunk loading / unloading behavior.
    Fixed a bug with the gui not updating as a storage cell is used to generate items in the Condenser.
    Factorization Changelog:

Changed license
    Limited Wrath Lamp RAM-eating
    Barrels are wrench-rotatable
    Diamond shards can now be made by blowing up diamond blocks
    Pocket crafting table:
    self documenting
    will try to move itself out of the crafting area instead of closing, if possible
    Added a "fill empty area in crafting grid with item under cursor" pocket crafting table command
    REMOVED:
    solar turbines
    the unloved exo armor; if you're a dev who cares: https://github.com/p...seidon/ExoArmor (I should have waited until 1.6 to do this. Oops.)
    (While we're talking about 1.6: I'm going to be consolidating Item IDs, so item IDs are going to change.)
    Bugfix: Breaking a machine with a wire attached would fail to drop the right items
    Charge:
    Furnace heaters can heat through other furnace heaters. Heating this way is less efficient.
    Leyden jars now emit a bit of light. How did I miss this!?!? Also increased z-politeness of the knobby bit
    Solar boilers require at least 4 mirrors to operate
    MISC NONSENSE:
    Added time dilation to make laggy servers look less laggy by slowing the client down to match. If you don't like it, there are config options to change/disable it both client & server-side.
    Added some fun stuff
    ADDED SERVOS
    Servo Rail:
    A block. Needs to be powered.
    Servo:
    An entity; is placed on the rails
    Has a direction & an orientation
    (The model is temporary, and the renderer has some interpolation issues)
    Instructions:
    Made using paper, a logic matrix programmer, and some other ingredient
    They have infinite uses
    They are configured using the programmer; shift-right clicking with it will clear the instruction
    Clicking an instructino may give some information about its configuration
    Programming:
    The servo has 16 stacks of max size 16. The stacks can hold values of various types, and also ItemStacks.
    (Right now you can't do much with them...)
    usually when a value is taken off the stack, whatever's pulling the value off will ignore types that don't match what it's looking for
    Some stacks are dedicated to a particular purpose: arguments, code, IO, equipment...
    Actuators:
    Usable by the servo and by players.
    Right clicking does something; shift right clicking does something related.
    They are configurable; there's an instruction for Configuring actuators.
    Click on a servo motor with one to equip it
    There's only one actuator right now, Item Manipulator:
    Configs: slot (Integer; -1, or >=0) limit (Integer, >0)
    Decorators:
    They go on servo rails like instructions do, but they aren't free.
    Right now the only one is the Loading Bay:
    When a servo motor passes through, it is equipped with an item from an inventory that it's facing.
    When it passes from the top, nothing happens
    When it passes from the bottom, an item is removed
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2013-07-09 at 03:22 PM.

Man, chasing the 1.6.2 release is a mess right now. Forge updates multiple times a day, many of which break the existing mods that have been put out. Wish I had the patience to just wait it out for another couple of weeks till things settle down, but for some reason I am drawn to a new release like a bug is to a light at night. Hope that chickenbones gets his mods updated in next few weeks. I really do depend on NEI more than I realized.

They sure went crazy with the mob spawns at night in 1.6.x. Zombies everywhere.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laguy442 View Post
    Man, chasing the 1.6.2 release is a mess right now. Forge updates multiple times a day, many of which break the existing mods that have been put out. Wish I had the patience to just wait it out for another couple of weeks till things settle down, but for some reason I am drawn to a new release like a bug is to a light at night. Hope that chickenbones gets his mods updated in next few weeks. I really do depend on NEI more than I realized.

They sure went crazy with the mob spawns at night in 1.6.x. Zombies everywhere.
    If I had to guess, a lot of mod authors inc chickenbones are actually waiting for Forge to settle down a bit first. There have been a number of issues which are too boring to talk about (not to mention I don't fully understand them). Suffice to say that the Forge team is working very hard to make things work and they're working with mod authors to address issues with individual mods and push out Forge versions that will help them.

Other mod authors might just be on vacation or whatever. A lot of them do it as a hobby so things take more time.

Again, I do suggest people be patient. Now is not a good time to update unless you just wanna mess around or help mod authors test. If you do decide to test, please report bugs to the mod author. This will help them develop a stable product and be better for everyone in the end. If you need help contacting a mod author, ask me and I'll help.

- - - Updated - - -

Regarding MultiMC and Minecraft 1.6

http://forkk.net/update-minecraft-16-and-synctron.html

TL;DR: MultiMC currently doesn't support MC 1.6, although it will in the future. No ETA.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    There will come a time when I stop updating the list for 1.5.2, but right now a lot of people will be continuing to use it while everything updates to 1.6.x
    Haha not telling you to stop, keep em comming just want the mod authors to stop so I can start my shiny new world

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottulusMaximus View Post
    Haha not telling you to stop, keep em comming just want the mod authors to stop so I can start my shiny new world
    Hehe, I hear ya. Well, it's going to be some time before the worldgen mods are done. They tend to be the bigger ones.

I guess I'll do a rundown of where mods stand right now with regards to 1.6.

Buildcraft - Work has begun on the 1.6 branch of buildcraft. There is "still a lot of work to do". Covertjaguar and Sengir both have their own mods as well so time will likely be split between those.

Forestry - Sengir reports that there are 1023 compile errors currently. He's not attempting more work again until this weekend.

Industrialcraft 2 - A working version is available but right now it seems like only Player is working on it. Dunno what RichardG has been doing but I haven't seen many commits from him in a while.

Thaumcraft - There wont be a 3.0 update of Thaumcraft until his new 3.1 version is ready. This will include the new system for research etc. Azanor says it will waste too much time getting the 3.0 version ported where the time could be better spent.

Redpower 2 - hahahahahahhaha aahhahahahahhaha! hahhahahahahahah! tl;dr: lol

Factorization - Port confirmed, not ETA.

Chococraft - Release should be fairly soon. Almost finished.

------------

That's all I can think of right now. I'm sure there is other info out there, but It's too much to go through. i'll post updates like this when I see something worth reporting.

Mods that require other mods will also be happening after the mods they're waiting for update. This includes a lot of the addons etc.

Nailed it!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, sorry for the confusion... Don't give two flying squirrels about 1.6 I need 1.5.2 to calm down so I can start a 1.5.2 world!!! I stay away from latest version because it's too much of a pain and I want as stable an instance as I can get which is easier when things aren't updating every 2 days.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottulusMaximus View Post
    Oh, sorry for the confusion... Don't give two flying squirrels about 1.6 I need 1.5.2 to calm down so I can start a 1.5.2 world!!! I stay away from latest version because it's too much of a pain and I want as stable an instance as I can get which is easier when things aren't updating every 2 days.
    I would say now is a good of a time as any to start. Any updates for 1.5.2 are probably in. There are a few bugfixes trickling in now and then but 1.5.2 is pretty darn stable

nxMinetilities - Updated and working for 1.6.2, just needs to be compiled and released

sorry if this has already been said before, but do you ever plan on releasing a actual modpack? like all the mods already installed and in a zip file for download, or with technic platform? or FTB private packs system?

rofl

Mind you - I'm still grinning from when you described it as abandonware.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 123nick View Post
    sorry if this has already been said before, but do you ever plan on releasing a actual modpack? like all the mods already installed and in a zip file for download, or with technic platform? or FTB private packs system?
    Ideally I would. The problem is (for most packs) permission.

Although I could release a pack with several mods, many would still not be allowed to be in the pack. Different mods have different rules for distribution and a lot of them don't allow modpacks. FTB is the same way with their private packs, you need permission. Also, distributing them here wouldn't make them private.

I'm not sure how the technic platform works, but I'm sure it might follow similar rules.

If you take my download links and use my config pack then you're getting a modpack basically. The only thing is it takes a bit longer to get. There may be other ways though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tempted to ask Forkk (author of MultiMC) to create a platform within multimc to handle mod updates, but here's the catch, every update have compatibility information get fed into a system to see if the update is compatible with the current instance of mods.
    Also, have a portal through which mod authors can have their base of all updates. Somewhat like how it is now for forge versions within MultiMC.
    Obviously that doesn't sound hot at all to mod authors that want the revenue generated by their traditional method of adf.ly. But what Forkk can add is a mini browser that pops up for every update and waits the usual 5 seconds to skip the add to download, but MultiMC handles this. All the user has to do is select what version of a mod with compatibility info not conflicting with any of the present mods in the instance, then have multimc launch the mini web browser page and wait for the user to hit the "5 second SKIP button". All having multimc process the download.
    As far as I'm concerned, the mod author can generate more revenue by the updates within the system because of the user being able to easily do this. Compared to the user never doing this but once to create the instance; being afraid of compatibility and other hassles of installing the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by heliophobicdude View Post
    .... but here's the catch, every update have compatibility information get fed into a system to see if the update is compatible with the current instance of mods.
    I think this really might be the catch to your plan if I understand it correctly (although I do like it). Determining if your mod is compatible with a group of other mods isn't something that most mod authors are going to be interested in doing IMO. At best you might get them to tell you what version of MC and forge it works with. Beyond that I think it still falls back to the user to resolve ID conflicts and to determine if a mod works with a specific or group of mods. There are just so many variables and most of them are in motion with constant updates to mods even at the end of a release cycle.

Again, I do like the idea but I think it would be difficult to pull off. But heck, the worst they can say is no.

Edit:

Also, not sure if you have seen this one, Project: Red. Yet another RP2 replacement mod. Looks like it is based on Immibis's mod but adding more of the original RP2 stuff. Guesss we will see how this goes. Lost of folks start down this road, not many are able to go very far.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...v30026-792013/
    Last edited by laguy442; 2013-07-10 at 02:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you are right about the compatibility issue, I just hope the meat of the idea, the update system can convince a strong willed programmer. It would be a nice feature.

On the discussion of mod packs: Mojang wants to create a repository where all the mods would go; and then as you log into a server for the first time - the server tells the client what it needs; and the client would then download whatever files it was told to grab directly from the repository. If a server admin updated 3-4 files; you would automatically do the same thing the next time you log in automatically.

Now of course who knows how long it'll take for them to create it - but it is something they wanted to do a long with this mod-api they're working on (it was discussed at mine-con back in 2011, before 1.5 came out).

Quote Originally Posted by sabster View Post
    On the discussion of mod packs: Mojang wants to create a repository where all the mods would go; and then as you log into a server for the first time - the server tells the client what it needs; and the client would then download whatever files it was told to grab directly from the repository. If a server admin updated 3-4 files; you would automatically do the same thing the next time you log in automatically.
    Potentially it's a cool idea.

I'm just not exactly convinced that they'd do it well.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would say now is a good of a time as any to start. Any updates for 1.5.2 are probably in. There are a few bugfixes trickling in now and then but 1.5.2 is pretty darn stable
    Thats the plan, just gotta finish up my 1.4.6 world once I get back to my PC, before showing it off

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoLojik View Post
    nxMinetilities - Updated and working for 1.6.2, just needs to be compiled and released
    Excellent work!