15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by heliophobicdude View Post
    I'm tempted to ask Forkk (author of MultiMC) to create a platform within multimc to handle mod updates, but here's the catch, every update have compatibility information get fed into a system to see if the update is compatible with the current instance of mods.
    Also, have a portal through which mod authors can have their base of all updates. Somewhat like how it is now for forge versions within MultiMC.
    Obviously that doesn't sound hot at all to mod authors that want the revenue generated by their traditional method of adf.ly. But what Forkk can add is a mini browser that pops up for every update and waits the usual 5 seconds to skip the add to download, but MultiMC handles this. All the user has to do is select what version of a mod with compatibility info not conflicting with any of the present mods in the instance, then have multimc launch the mini web browser page and wait for the user to hit the "5 second SKIP button". All having multimc process the download.
    As far as I'm concerned, the mod author can generate more revenue by the updates within the system because of the user being able to easily do this. Compared to the user never doing this but once to create the instance; being afraid of compatibility and other hassles of installing the mod.
    It's a great idea. I feel like mod authors wont want to guarantee compatibility with other mods though. Essentially, any Forge mod written should be compatible with all other mods, but there are still problems. It would require a lot of testing under a lot of different conditions to be able to guarantee compatibility. A lot of work for each update.

Quote Originally Posted by laguy442 View Post
    Also, not sure if you have seen this one, Project: Red. Yet another RP2 replacement mod. Looks like it is based on Immibis's mod but adding more of the original RP2 stuff. Guesss we will see how this goes. Lost of folks start down this road, not many are able to go very far.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...v30026-792013/
    Cool. I've added it to my "Watched Mods" folder. Not adding any more 1.5.2 mods at this time. If and when it updates to 1.6.2 we'll take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by sabster View Post
    On the discussion of mod packs: Mojang wants to create a repository where all the mods would go; and then as you log into a server for the first time - the server tells the client what it needs; and the client would then download whatever files it was told to grab directly from the repository. If a server admin updated 3-4 files; you would automatically do the same thing the next time you log in automatically.

Now of course who knows how long it'll take for them to create it - but it is something they wanted to do a long with this mod-api they're working on (it was discussed at mine-con back in 2011, before 1.5 came out).
    Mojang could just use the same feature that allows Server side texture packs to be downloaded and used. The problem would be public modded servers using it as it would be classified as distribution of mods and the mod authors would lose their shit.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottulusMaximus View Post
    Thats the plan, just gotta finish up my 1.4.6 world once I get back to my PC, before showing it off
    Make a video or take some screenshots. Would love to see what players are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Excellent work!
    You're forgetting something important.....

--------------

1.5.2 Updates!

• Immibis Core Updated
    • Applied Energistics Updated

1.6.2 Updates!

• Forge Updated
    • bspkrscore Updated
    • Treecapitator Updated
    • Bibliocraft Updated
    • Bibliowoods BoP and Forestry Updated
    • Iron Chests 2 Updated
    • Industrialcraft 2 Updated
    • Computercraft Updated
    • Armor Status HUD Updated
    • Status Effect HUD Updated

Many of today's updates will put everything in the 1.6.2 category as opposed to 1.6.1 and 1.6.2 mixed.

I'm seeing a lot of mod authors working on updates. Things will keep pressing on I guess. Not much to really say

- - - Updated - - -

1.5.2 Updates

• Buildcraft Updated

1.6.2 Updates

• Optifine Updated

---------------

A few thread changes to discuss. First, I've changed the JAR mods section for 1.6.2 to Minecraft Forge. It contains both the latest version of Forge and the Recommended version. Optifine has been moved to the GUI and Utilities section.

Optifine now has a very weird way of being installed. I suggest looking at the thread for proper instructions.

A few things to note about Minecraft 1.6.2:

• No mods are to be placed in the Minecraft.jar file anymore. If a mod tells you to then they're doing it wrong.
    • Coremods don't exist anymore. Any mod that was a coremod now goes in the mods folder.
    • Never delete your META-INF folder from the minecraft JAR. It's no longer necessary.
    • Always use the Minecraft Forge installer. Doing it manually is a giant pain and not recommended.
    • You will need to wait for a 3rd party application like MultiMC to update before setting up multiple instances.

That's about it for now. Greevir will have to make the new heading for the Forge list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    That's about it for now. Greevir will have to make the new heading for the Forge list.
    Header incoming.

15+ Year Old Account
    Header incoming.
    Thanks! I'll be on TS tomorrow. Another busy day here.

Hello Fuzzzie. If it's possible could you write a short guide about editing mod configs to work w each others so it would be easy to create and update smaller mod packs for personal use.

Deleted
    you can make multiple instances all ready they are called profiles mate lol i have them on mine i have a 1.6.1 and a 1.6.2 vinilla and again but modded and one test 1.6.2 mate

all you do is edit profile and give it a name and save to separate folder in minecraft folder then point it to forge you need or minecraft version u need and your all set

Quote Originally Posted by skedone View Post
    you can make multiple instances all ready they are called profiles mate lol i have them on mine i have a 1.6.1 and a 1.6.2 vinilla and again but modded and one test 1.6.2 mate
    He's talking about the config files; not profiles. ie. making copper 1 code; not 2 or 3 from different mods.

Deleted
    ???what thats done in the config file lol has nothing to do with multimc or instance lol and each profile IF U SET A NEW FOLDER like i said has its own config and mod folder lol

- - - Updated - - -

oh and ALOT of mods have been giving the 1.6.2 treatment today lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by r00teniy View Post
    Hello Fuzzzie. If it's possible could you write a short guide about editing mod configs to work w each others so it would be easy to create and update smaller mod packs for personal use.
    I'll give it a try at some point today maybe.

all you do is edit profile and give it a name and save to separate folder in minecraft folder then point it to forge you need or minecraft version u need and your all set
    I've seen reports of them not working properly with mods. I'll have to investigate more.

-----------------------

1.5.2 Updates!

• Logistics Pipes Updated

1.6.2 Updates!

• Forge Recommended bumped to latest version. It will happen sometimes.
    • Immibis Core Updated
    • Immibis Microblocks Updated
    • Immibis Perpihperal Updated
    • Red Logic Updated
    • Advanced Machines Updated
    • Enchanting Plus Updated
    • ExtraBiomesXL Updated
    • ArmorStatus HUD Updated
    • StatusEffect HUD Updated

Deleted
    mate i am using it now lol like i said

Just to help everyone here that might have troubles installing both Optifine and latest Forge 789, there's a nice tutorial that doesn't involve using Magic Launcher, it works flawlessly, just a little bit of work but it does the trick

Finally got it, I needed 10 post to be able to post links :

Latest Forge + Optifine Installation guide
    Last edited by Dodge34; 2013-07-11 at 05:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So glad I don't use Optifine anymore. Having to do all that crap every time it updates would drive me insane.

15+ Year Old Account
    mate i am using it now lol like i said
    Alright cool. Haven't tried yet. Maybe do a tutorial Nah I'll get to it eventually. Very busy last few days.

So glad I don't use Optifine anymore. Having to do all that crap every time it updates would drive me insane.
    Agreed. cpw was talking to spx.whatever about making optifine a forge mod that goes in the mods folder. Hopefully they touch base on that and make it happen.

Deleted
    all you do mate is when u make a profile make a new folder for each profile thats it and you can select the forge version that you need in the version info part of the profile too

15+ Year Old Account
    all you do mate is when u make a profile make a new folder for each profile thats it and you can select the forge version that you need in the version info part of the profile too
    Cool. I'll give it a try.

--------------------

1.6.2 Updates!

• nxMinetilities Updated

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    1.6.2 Updates!

• nxMinetilities Updated
    Thanks Fuzzzie. Nothing new in this version, it's just a 1.6.2 port for now =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoLojik View Post
    Why no redstone signal enabled lights!?! (organizes manhunt)

Such an awesome mod - but please please please! Add colored stairs and slabs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Would you ever have in mind making different shaped lights like half steps and steps themselves? They would be amazing!

So just for sharing I have been using a EE3 addon mod call Equivalency
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...%20equivalency

Give it a look.

Quote Originally Posted by sabster View Post
    Such an awesome mod - but please please please! Add colored stairs and slabs!
    It's on my list of things to add =)

Quote Originally Posted by heliophobicdude View Post
    Would you ever have in mind making different shaped lights like half steps and steps themselves? They would be amazing!
    Hmm, interesting idea. I wonder if it would be possible to do all of that within the same block ID. Maybe add a new GUI option for the light shape. I'll look into it, but no promises