Quick question:

I keep getting tears (biom chunks suddenly get reset). I just found out on my server it has a seed in the server.properties. On my test server, it does not. Could that cause the server tears if I had copied the world files to the test server to test it - and then copied it back after?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sabster View Post
    Quick question:

I keep getting tears (biom chunks suddenly get reset). I just found out on my server it has a seed in the server.properties. On my test server, it does not. Could that cause the server tears if I had copied the world files to the test server to test it - and then copied it back after?
    It's possible. I never use seeds and usually just let things randomly generate. You also should make sure you're shutting down your servers when moving things, especially world files. That can definitely cause major issues if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    It's possible. I never use seeds and usually just let things randomly generate. You also should make sure you're shutting down your servers when moving things, especially world files. That can definitely cause major issues if you don't.
    I do shut down everything down (and save) - but the server seed was the only thing I can come up with (specially since no one else has that problem...)

I tend to be a perfectionist, so when this stuff happens - it makes me want to reroll the world; and my players just LOOOOOVE that.

15+ Year Old Account
    I do shut down everything down (and save) - but the server seed was the only thing I can come up with (specially since no one else has that problem...)

I tend to be a perfectionist, so when this stuff happens - it makes me want to reroll the world; and my players just LOOOOOVE that.
    Are the effected biomes chunkloaded by any chance? If so which chunkloader are you using?

- - - Updated - - -

Okay, I did updates anyways. I was gonna wait until tomorrow but then I ran out of shows to watch. No configs until tomorrow, that's for sure!

1.6.2 Updates!

• Forge Updated
    • NEI Updated
    • Wireless Redstone CBE Updated
    • Energy Manipulation Updated
    • Iron Chests 2 Updated
    • Project Zulu Updated
    • Twilight Forest Updated
    • Compact Solars Updated
    • Buildcraft Updated
    • Forestry Updated
    • Computercraft Updated
    • Atomic Science Updated

I'll be adding Twilight Forest tomorrow. I'll also be looking for more conflicts. I've been trying to keep things up to date but it's a lot of work lol. This is also coupled with the fact that I'm not actually playing 1.6.2 at all. Hopefully will get in to it eventually, but there are several mods that are must haves for me that have yet to update. When they do I'm toying with the idea of doing another LP series.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Are the effected biomes chunkloaded by any chance? If so which chunkloader are you using?
    Nope, no chunkloaders at all (until today actually). But I also noticed that I had generated the land using BWG4; and my generator seed was off in both server.properties. Otherwise, everything else seems to be identical.

I might wait for Twilight Forest to come out; then reroll. We have WAY too much copper being generated too; so I might turn one of the mods off.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope, no chunkloaders at all (until today actually). But I also noticed that I had generated the land using BWG4; and my generator seed was off in both server.properties. Otherwise, everything else seems to be identical.

I might wait for Twilight Forest to come out; then reroll. We have WAY too much copper being generated too; so I might turn one of the mods off.
    Hmm. The only experience I've had with chunk resets is through Greevir and his issues with Chickenchunks back in 1.4.2 (maybe 1.4.5, I don't remember). We also experienced some chunk issues in 1.4.7 when we were doing backups with the world running (big mistake!). I personally don't use BWG so I'm not sure if that may be the cause. Perhaps try running worlds without it to try and eliminate it as the culprit.

Twilight Forest is out now too. I'll have configs for it tomorrow. I'll also go through the configs again and try to eliminate duplicate ores like copper and tin again. I have a feeling a lot of it may be UE Core which no longer seems to have a config to shut it off. Ultimetly I prefer to use TE for those ores but it's not available yet. Again, just more problems I don't notice because I'm not actually playing 1.6.2 yet. :/

It's all good. I am removing all the UE stuff; it just seems pointless at times. :/

15+ Year Old Account
    It's all good. I am removing all the UE stuff; it just seems pointless at times. :/
    It's the kind of thing that works best with it's own suite. Voltz/Ampz packs are good with it but adding it to modpacks that already have IC2, BC3 or TE is redundant. I will give Calclavia credit for his models though, some of the best in the biz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kikisp View Post
    hey fuzzzie can you please rehost configs somwhere else ie mediafire?cant download from this site
    thx
    I'm assuming you're using Avast? Yeah. It looks like Avast is the only thing in existance thats flagging it. NeoLojik (owner of the server hosting the files) has just checked with numerous other AVs and has a clean bill of health. Avast is just being stupid again.

Deleted
    I have contacted avast and they have said it's not his site it's his host some of sites have been infected with verious 0day virus in past so it will over react they have his site on the friendly list but they monitor for about 2weeks just to make sure. They also said the website scanner is checked againts 5 other web security sites not just they database. So just disable it for ten mins download and re-enable after .

- - - Updated - - -

Also if u check I re up them too rapidgator for him and if I can remember my old websites logon details I will mirror them all there too

- - - Updated - - -

I also don't use BWG and don't have that issue also it was reported in the post on forum that it was doing that too so I would guess that is the course

Hey Fuzzzie - if this helps:

There are 5 copper ores (1334-ic2, 1395-Mtec, 1581:3-Tinker's, and 1702:1-Mystcraft).
    There are also 4 tin ores (1335, 1399, 1581:4, and 1702:2 - same mods as above)

Now I said 5 copper ores and only listed 4: The 5th is 1904-Galacticraft; but I'm not sure that one generates in the world - it might be 'moon' only; but I'm not sure.

I didn't notice any other duplicate ores - hope that helps you out We decided to reroll the server after you make the tweaks to ores - and I wanted you concentrating on Twilight Forest.

Seriously tho, hope that helps you out. Mtec seems to generate the biggest amount of copper/tin.

- - - Updated - - -

As a side note: I'm really curious why Mojang hasn't just create a shitload of ores - and then told mod developers to stop creating custom ores to prevent stuff like this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey Fuzzzie - if this helps:

There are 5 copper ores (1334-ic2, 1395-Mtec, 1581:3-Tinker's, and 1702:1-Mystcraft).
    There are also 4 tin ores (1335, 1399, 1581:4, and 1702:2 - same mods as above)

Now I said 5 copper ores and only listed 4: The 5th is 1904-Galacticraft; but I'm not sure that one generates in the world - it might be 'moon' only; but I'm not sure.

I didn't notice any other duplicate ores - hope that helps you out We decided to reroll the server after you make the tweaks to ores - and I wanted you concentrating on Twilight Forest.

Seriously tho, hope that helps you out. Mtec seems to generate the biggest amount of copper/tin.

- - - Updated - - -

As a side note: I'm really curious why Mojang hasn't just create a shitload of ores - and then told mod developers to stop creating custom ores to prevent stuff like this.
    Okay, I went through and disabled IC2 and MTech Copper and Tin Generation. Forestry, Tinkers Construct has already been disabled. Mystcraft doesn't have Copper or Tin Generation and those ID's are from Forestry. Galacticraft was also already disabled.

Forge Ore Dictionary makes it so every type of copper is compatible with recipes from other mods. The problem is mod authors can't build their mods around the idea that you may have another mod that adds something they want to use. Mojang could add copper/tin etc but they barely have any use for metals in their game as is.

Working on the TF stuff now. Shouldn't take long.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuzzzie's 1.6.2 Config Pack Download v3.2.7 : Main Download -- Alternate

Config Pack Changelog : http://paste.ubuntu.com/5951408/
    Config Pack Block/Item ID Spreadsheet : http://bit.ly/1aAlH1m

Version 3.2.7 - August 5th 2013

• Disabled MTech Copper/Tin Generation
    • Disabled IC2 Copper/Tin Generation
    • Enabled Forestry Copper/Tin Generation (This should be the only one, Report if not).
    • Twilight Forest BiomeId's Set
    • Twilight Forest Block/Item Id's Set
    • Twilight Forest Dimension set to 7.

We're no pretty dangerously low on Biome ID's. I think there are only 5 or 6 free ones left. If mods keep adding any more I may have to drop support for one of them. Copper and Tin Generation has been addressed. Forestry should now be the only mod spawning the ore. If you see other ores let me know.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2013-08-05 at 03:47 PM.

Deleted
    http://rapidgator.net/file/2ff614e00...3.2.7.zip.html

Mirror of config sorry for delay I'm clothes shopping with kids

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skedone View Post
    http://rapidgator.net/file/2ff614e00...3.2.7.zip.html

Mirror of config sorry for delay I'm clothes shopping with kids
    Awesome! Thanks. Alternative Download link is up.

Deleted
    Anyone seen anything from king lemming and or power crystals

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone seen anything from king lemming and or power crystals
    King Lemming is on vacation for the summer. Powercrystals has been working on MFR but for 1.5.2 still. Haven't seen any test builds for it yet but I check every few days.

Deleted
    ah that explains it

- - - Updated - - -

oh also u might want to change this in treecap config mate

B:treeHeightDecidesBreakSpeed=true to false
    Last edited by mmocf27294aad4; 2013-08-05 at 05:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ah that explains it

- - - Updated - - -

oh also u might want to change this in treecap config mate

B:treeHeightDecidesBreakSpeed=true to false
    Meh, thats more of a personal preference change that should be up to the player to turn on/off. Honestly, I'd personally keep it on. It needs at least something (however small) to balance taking down a whole tree by breaking one block.

Deleted
    It's already ballanced it uses the same durability it's just saving u time

Fuzzie,

I wanted to let you know that you have the wrong link in Mekanism base library. It points to an older version. Also all Mekanism libraries has been updated to vers 5.5.7.164.

Also a good mod that deals with all of the different ores... Metallurgy3 (Sorry unable to post urls). It has been updated to 1.6.2. The nice part about this mod is you can configure all of the ores, how much and where it spawns. It also adds some armor, tools and simple machines but I just use it for the ore configs.

Also thanks for all of your hard work getting the config files for all of these modes. Much appreciated.