15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wildemagic View Post
    I dont think its a major concern, when its happened on my server its not caused an issue, and ive seen the same for others.

Best bet, backup your world often. I do this a couple of times a day, even when doing ssp. Same reason, ive played for weeks on end and then had a corrupt world that had no backups - you only do it once.
    Agreed. I do daily backups since I have an ongoing series.

I also do backups every time I update a mod. I make sure the world is running and game loads correctly first before playing any further. Keep at least a weeks worth of backups too, you never know if you'll discover something later down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I also do backups every time I update a mod. I make sure the world is running and game loads correctly first before playing any further. Keep at least a weeks worth of backups too, you never know if you'll discover something later down the line.
    Agreed, minecraft is tiny compared to most modern content bloated games, I just backup my whole instance folder which is just over 100MBytes, no issue having months of backups. Besides, I get nostalgic at times and like to go back to my older (redpowered) worlds and play around with my frame quarry.

A bit like load "*",8,1 hehe

Huh, just googled the difference between load ,8 and load ,8,1 not knowing the difference (only that most games didnt work without the trailing ,1)

,8 always loads the program to the start of basic ram, which is $0801 on the c64.
    ,8,1 loads the program to the address which is stored in the program itself (the first two bytes of the file)

Bit OT, but then again, minecraft has the substance of a c64 game
    Last edited by wildemagic; 2012-12-10 at 10:22 PM.

You might want to change your configs to only have one type of silver generation too. It isn't used in much beyond factorization, and you get tonnes of it. Although you'll need to leave the lead generation on as the only other way to get it is though factorization machines.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adalonus View Post
    You might want to change your configs to only have one type of silver generation too. It isn't used in much beyond factorization, and you get tonnes of it. Although you'll need to leave the lead generation on as the only other way to get it is though factorization machines.
    With Thaumcraft it has lots of research use. Plus at a certain point I can just void it from quarries.

10+ Year Old Account
    You find out if the Mystcraft Ages stay loaded when you leave them, Fuzzie? And minecraft login is down

Quote Originally Posted by Adalonus View Post
    Don't forget you can make silver chests with the iron chests mod. I really like skipping iron chests (because tech mods crave iron like a drug addict craves a fix). Instead silver chests are pretty good and the upgrade to gold chests is then a lot cheaper to make. I also have metalurgy installed which adds lots of uses to all the ores like copper etc. Good for early game making tools. Also factorization uses tons of silver and lead and Gregtech has uses for it as well. Not to mention Red power uses it a lot (whenever it is released).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    You find out if the Mystcraft Ages stay loaded when you leave them, Fuzzie? And minecraft login is down
    Yeah. was gonna talk about that in episode 7. Recording after I eat.

--

Update

• Forge Updated

That's all I found. Didn't check the IC2 Addons though.

Deleted
    minecraftforum . net/topic/1135981-132-145-torhans-clear-glass-default-texture-pack/

here is the clear glass texture pack, as promised. just remove the spaces to form the link

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warplord View Post
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...-texture-pack/

here is the clear glass texture pack, as promised. just remove the spaces to form the link
    Cheers! I'll check it out now. I fixed the link in my quote here too so other people can get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    With Thaumcraft it has lots of research use. Plus at a certain point I can just void it from quarries.
    Fuzzzie you might want to check out the Xycraft items for Thaumcraft research. They work great and since they currently don't have much of a use otherwise besides decoration. It is a great solution to limit the cost of your thaumcraft needs, also a hint for later you may want to use IC2 rubber for making certain things to come : P
    I know that quarts crystals from Xycraft have potentia which makes them good for research. Also the dark xychoridite is one of a small number of items in the game that have the darkness symbol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome, I bought minecraft about 2 years ago and stopped playing because I only knew how to get a few mods working.
    Thanks for the helpful post!
    Quote Originally Posted by Proberly View Post
    Oh would you now? It truly is amazing how many heroic people we have wasting their time on internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having problems with my barrels dissapearing. Well, kind of.... they're still there but just no graphic to them. Whenever I travel out a ways, I come back to invisible barrels! I have to reload the game to get them to show again.

Deleted
    Use a chunk loading block near ur barrels?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warplord View Post
    Use a chunk loading block near ur barrels?
    I'll have most of my base loaded with chunk loaders. Not running any atm, they're kinda expensive to make.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a rendering issue. If you log out and back in it fixes it.

Deleted
    i am pretty sure u wont have an issue when u [put chunk loaders.

I discovered by accident that my base and my farm fits perfectly inside of the boundaries of my Railcraft chunkloader. I was like Wow, since I didn't plan that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Updates. A little earlier today.

• Forge Updated
    • Optifine Updated
    • Forestry Updated
    • Misc Peripherals Updated
    • Gregtech-Addon Updated

Forestry is up to 1.6.2.7

#1.6.2.7

- Bugfixes: Resolved some minor issues.
    - Bugfix: Fixed potential NPE on leaves.
    - Bugfix: Added support for RP2 liquid tubes to analyzer. (Mistaqur)

edit: ah, you already updated while i was posting.
    Last edited by Tommyk; 2012-12-11 at 09:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't expect RP2 anytime soon....

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke
    So I have recently received further news about the release of Red Power 2. It has apparently been decided that release of the mod has been delayed until after the 21st December 2012. Apparently there are fears that if Eloraam was to release now, the amount of data being downloaded at one time would effectively bring down the internet. This would lead to a chain of events that would cumulate in the end of world.

It is hoped that by delaying the upcoming release of Red Power we can avoid this disaster and may get to see a future where we finally get to a point where FTB can release a stable mod pack, the hard work of Pahimar and Soaryn isn't wasted and we all get to see the amazing looking Equivalent Exchange and Xycraft, and Notch and Jeb finally give the mod developers a few weeks to breathe by not releasing a new version or update to Minecraft (OK sorry, I admit it, the last one is a dream).

Anyways, you can all relax for the next few weeks, give your F5 key a much earned break and enjoy the awesome mods that are already out there.