10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Hey guys, just dropping in to say Hi and then I'm off to work again. Sorry updates have been slow this week, I've been trying my best but I've had a lot of shifts. Today is my last one until Tuesday so things should get better. See you in a while!
    RL > Cyberspace, Fuzzzie. Nothing to apologize for.

Deleted
    I haven't had any luck getting help with this on the Minecraft forums so I'll give it a try here. I built a modpack through this list and through the use of the config files (Thanks a LOT by the way, it's astonishing how easy it was made through this list. Very appreciated!) for me and my wife, and I'm currently having problems with NEI. Sadly due to not being a regular poster, I'm apparently not allowed to post links. So I've included the text from the OP under ChickenBones' thread. The server isn't crashing, it doesn't show up in single player either.

Installed NEI and CodeChickenCore and everything launched up just fine, however - whilst in-game, the item overlay doesn't display any items whatsoever, however R and U bindings work and I can also see the Options button as well as the gamemode, rain etc. hud, so I can see how things are crafted and what they're used for.

Minecraft 1.6.2, Forge Version
    9.10 .0.804

EDIT; Formatting got weird. No idea how to fix that. Posted Image

EDIT 2; Dumps show item IDs. Tried changing hud size to everything, nothing changed. Still can't see items. Clicked Item Subsets at the top, nothing showed up on left click, saving options showed up on right click so nothing there either.
    EDIT: After removing Galacticraft, it launched and worked perfectly.
    Last edited by mmocb42324e2ae; 2013-08-31 at 03:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by humdedum View Post
    I haven't had any luck getting help with this on the Minecraft forums so I'll give it a try here. I built a modpack through this list and through the use of the config files (Thanks a LOT by the way, it's astonishing how easy it was made through this list. Very appreciated!) for me and my wife, and I'm currently having problems with NEI. Sadly due to not being a regular poster, I'm apparently not allowed to post links. So I've included the text from the OP under ChickenBones' thread. The server isn't crashing, it doesn't show up in single player either.
    i was experiencing the same problem the other day. try relaunching minecraft or reinstalling NEI even restarting pc...or check for new version that is all i can say my problem was fixed with relaunching also try if you wan't backup you NEI configs and then delete and launch mc to generate new ones

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eneitilyn View Post
    -snip-
    I've already tried all of the above. Including deleting NEI.dat and the NEI folder in the world saves, as well as redownloading the mod, deleting configs. etc.

Deleted
    I'd like to suggest the mod Buildcraft Addon. Can't post links, but I'll do this instead:
    minecraftforum(dot)net/topic/1913394-111poiss111s-modsbuildcraft-addon-nojump-mod-deathitemsmod-keepitemsondeath-mod/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by venturaguy101 View Post
    thepersonhere,

There are 2 types of memory in Minecraft. You are increasing the general ram used by Java Virtual Machine. There is a second type of memory used by the code stack (Permgen) and they have separate parameters than you are using. When using 60+ mods you have to increase the permgen memory. You need to increase both the ram and the permgen memory. I use the following parameters for 80 to 100 mods:

-Xmx2048M -Xms2048M -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize=512m

Try adding all four parameters to your Java.exe startup.

----
    IC2 Experiemental:
    141(dot)28(dot)27(dot)36:8080/job/IC2_experimental/

Sorry I cannot post direct links yet.
    Thank you so much! This fixed it! I can now play minecraft 1.6.2!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IceDrug20 View Post
    I'd like to suggest the mod Buildcraft Addon. Can't post links, but I'll do this instead:
    minecraftforum(dot)net/topic/1913394-111poiss111s-modsbuildcraft-addon-nojump-mod-deathitemsmod-keepitemsondeath-mod/
    Added it to my watchlist. I'll have to go through that sometime soon. Getting close to full on mods for this cycle though.

-----

1.6.2 Updates!

• Applied Energistics Dev Updated
    • Carpenter Blocks Updated
    • Extra Cells Updated
    • Mo Creatures Updated
    • Custom Mob Spawner Updated
    • Modular Powersuits Updated
    • Redstone In Motion Updated
    • Steve's Carts 2 Updated
    • Tinkers Construct Updated
    • xAct Updated
    • IC2 Experimental Updated
    • GregTech Addon Updated
    • Ender IO Updated
    • Optifine Updated

Lot's of stuff to update today. Let me know if anything needs fixing with the configs for these updates. Not going to have time to test today. Can probably get out an update tomorrow if need be though. Enjoy!

- - - Updated - - -

------

A bit of news... mDiyo, author of Tinker's Construct will be stepping down as lead developer for the mod, citing the fact that he considers it to be "done". fuj1n will be taking over as lead developer. No word on if this means development will stop for Natura. I personally think the attacks he got from the gregtech bunch might have contributed to this decision, although if he feels the project is finished then maybe he wants to work on something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    A bit of news... mDiyo, author of Tinker's Construct will be stepping down as lead developer for the mod, citing the fact that he considers it to be "done". fuj1n will be taking over as lead developer. No word on if this means development will stop for Natura. I personally think the attacks he got from the gregtech bunch might have contributed to this decision, although if he feels the project is finished then maybe he wants to work on something else.
    And another one bites the dust...

The nice thing is that he did consider the player base and arranged an orderly transition of the mod to someone else. I applaud him for doing that for us since TC is a really great mod. That said, I wouldn't doubt the GT debacle took a toll on him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    And another one bites the dust...
    Not sure if he's done with modding, just TC. There's a thread on Reddit where I read the news. Maybe the comments could shed more light.

Quote Originally Posted by laguy442 View Post
    The nice thing is that he did consider the player base and arranged an orderly transition of the mod to someone else. I applaud him for doing that for us since TC is a really great mod. That said, I wouldn't doubt the GT debacle took a toll on him.
    Yeah, that certainly was a smart move. Unsure who the new dev is, but I don't think it would be turned over to just anyone. It's just my guess about the GT drama though. Don't want to put that out there as fact, just a theory.

10+ Year Old Account
    The GT debacle may have had something to do with it but another thing may be the state of TC itself. Right now it's kind of all over the place. Constantly getting new things added but never really fleshing out the old stuff and getting it bug-free. It may be that adding new stuff was interesting for mDiyo and fixing it is boring.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    The GT debacle may have had something to do with it but another thing may be the state of TC itself. Right now it's kind of all over the place. Constantly getting new things added but never really fleshing out the old stuff and getting it bug-free. It may be that adding new stuff was interesting for mDiyo and fixing it is boring.
    Could be. Not sure if all the features he wanted to put in actually got put in. Hopefully development will continue as opposed to just maintaining.

I am really loving the Ender IO mod. Not perfect but it is improving. Mod developer is putting in a config option I guess to make the pipes bigger if you want since they are really tiny.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laguy442 View Post
    I am really loving the Ender IO mod. Not perfect but it is improving. Mod developer is putting in a config option I guess to make the pipes bigger if you want since they are really tiny.
    It definitely shows promise. It's interesting how the scene is changing. Old mod authors and mods are going away but some mods are being replaced by even better things. I'm glad I started embracing newer mods. Sticking with the old doesn't cut it anymore.

It definitely shows promise. It's interesting how the scene is changing. Old mod authors and mods are going away but some mods are being replaced by even better things. I'm glad I started embracing newer mods. Sticking with the old doesn't cut it anymore.
    I agree Fuzz. Thats why you should get on TS eventually so you can get on our server o-o lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay.. going through my famous "Watching" folder with all the suggestions people have made. This is going to be a first impressions based off (firstly) thread and (secondly, if the thread looks good) spotlights.

1. Plugins for Forestry - Doesn't look as though it's up to date for the latest Forestry. No builds since 1.5.2 (ish?). Going to keep that in the vault for now.

2. NiceGregTech - Still in 1.5.2. It would likely never work as Greg constantly updates and I have the feeling he would break things in this mod to get his way. Will be removing this.

3. Soul Shards - x3n0ph0b3 is supposed to be taking over this mod. It used to be great but the last few 1.5.2 releases were terrible removing almost all that made the mod great. If x3n0ph0b3 can bring back some of the more interesting aspects then I'll be interested again. In the mean time, x3n0ph0b3 hasn't updated his own mod (Xeno's Reliquary) for 1.6 yet so i don't hold out a lot of hope for Soul Shards.

4. Cubic Chunks - Doesn't even seem to be available as a mod yet. Could be cool but it's not there yet.

5. Web Displays - Might add it soon. It's something I've been looking at but I feel it's so situational. Put this one in the "soon" pile.

6. Deconstruction Table - I love the idea, but he's creating a lot of new recipes for vanilla items to do his deconstruction. Taking this approch, you wont see mod items working. Would love to see a mod do this properly and allow deconstruction of all items, but this really is basic stuff. Vanilla items aren't worth that much so deconstructing them isn't worth it imo. Still, a cool idea.

7. More Stackable - Lot's of mods do this and I feel like it's something that a user can just add if they want that functionality. Not really list worthy.

8. Villiage Info - Still want to add it but the download link has never been copy-able for me. /shrug

9. SuperCraftingFrame - Again, another mod that has been replicated a million times. Great idea, just done better elsewhere and already on the list.

10. Tinkers Construct Recovery - 1.5.2 still. Probably wont be updated, especially with recent changes to TC.

11. Buildcraft Addon - Recently suggested. Strongly considering it. Just want to test it first.

----

If there is other stuff I've missed or lost then I apologies. I'm obviously very critical of mods and like mods that add a lot to the game. I like to see things that are unique, well developed, well supported and not one off things from a new author who is learning. I also steer clear of mods that just to texture blocks and stuff like that.

I'm only one guy and I only play Minecraft so much. I actually probably play a lot less than a lot of you. I rely on a lot of posters here for new suggestions so keep them coming. Don't feel bad if I turn down your suggestion. I will often add a mod straight away if I feel it deserves it. I fell like curating the list is important. Throwing everything and anything up is easy but misleads about quality. The mods on my list are quality for this most part. I want people to download the best of the best and not fiddle with middle of the road or mediocre mods. As always, the mods you choose are a personal choice and there is no right or wrong answers.

I guess my list tonight turned into a "why I'm turning this down" sort of deal. They're decent mods and I suggest checking them out. Things that just aren't updated or half ideas is just something I'm not interested in. Again, please keep submitting, I added 2 suggestions this week so they do make it through.

Got a few extra that I'm watching, and when I say a mod is on my watch list I do follow up regularly. It's not just for show lol Have a good one!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rmm99 View Post
    I agree Fuzz. Thats why you should get on TS eventually so you can get on our server o-o lol
    I was on TS and you didn't say anything for 2 hours!! lol

I was on TS and you didn't say anything for 2 hours!! lol
    Sort of took a nap at 3. Work up at 9. Woops!

10+ Year Old Account
    Web display is actually pretty neat. it'll allow me to look up wiki stuff without leaving the game! unfortunately, it does not currently work with the 64-bit java which I absolutely have to use to be able to play minecraft smoothly.

EnchantingPlus config issue. DOesn't look quite right, not sure if the spelling error is in their code or what, because the ID does work like that. I dunno.

ids {
    I:AdvancedEnchantmentTable=3050
    I:EnchantmentTableUpgradte=10205
    }

Deleted
    There is a wiki mod that does the same without the big arse screen lol and the mod makers use it's api too. Ruins is a good mod by atomic Stryker . The web one is ok till the point it has a memory address error and corrupts your world not his fault it's down to 32b java and the c++ hook he uses