10+ Year Old Account
    hmm..... cell phone?

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry about it dude. We'll be fine without a config update for a few days. Things seem to have settled down quite a bit.

lol @ cell phone config updates. Don't wanna torture the dude.

A friend of mine has been wanting better dungeons - a mod - and last time we used it, it was really buggy. Has anyone seen a mod that's similar (and doesn't have problems). It might be fixed up now, but I don't know if I trust it enough to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by laguy442 View Post
    You might look at this. Called ATG (Alternate Terrain Generation). Not sure if that is what you are looking for. Uses a dev version of BoP along with the ATG mod. One thing I believe that is an issue is it doesn't build cliffs very well although maybe that has been fixed, just didn't see it in the recent posts.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...in-generation/
    Thanks, ill give it a try, I know BoP does some good things with terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by sabster View Post
    A friend of mine has been wanting better dungeons - a mod - and last time we used it, it was really buggy. Has anyone seen a mod that's similar (and doesn't have problems). It might be fixed up now, but I don't know if I trust it enough to try it.
    Better Dungeons is one of my favorite mods. However, as you said it is buggy. Particularly when exploring large amount of chunks quickly... I just now have seen it is updated! So I'm going to grab it and toss it on my world this weekend when I do my weekly server updates and see how it is. I wonder if it's Mystcraft Compatible yet (IE., dungeons spawn in mystcraft ages)... I'll let you know what I find.

Quote Originally Posted by tobiashunter View Post
    Better Dungeons is one of my favorite mods. However, as you said it is buggy. Particularly when exploring large amount of chunks quickly... I just now have seen it is updated! So I'm going to grab it and toss it on my world this weekend when I do my weekly server updates and see how it is. I wonder if it's Mystcraft Compatible yet (IE., dungeons spawn in mystcraft ages)... I'll let you know what I find.
    Great! Let me know how it is. It apparently has integration with Ars Magica; so that's what he was looking forward too.

- - - Updated - - -

Btw fuzzzie - your link for bspkrsCore should be http://adf.ly/1599906/bspk.rs/MC/bspkrsCore/latest/[1.6.4]bspkrsCorev5.0.zip - it's been updated

Deleted
    Ok what mod moved my hearts to top right (left) of screen and make the sound change for exp , also why can't pick up tinkers drops as in the hearts and little coulord bags I walk over them and there no in my inventory

Dart craft moves the hearts, Zelda mode

Also the drop stuff is most likely Dart Craft also, it has a config option about annoying people.

Deleted
    Right time to hit that config up then lol

Deleted
    Hey there, I'm trying to set up my own modpack for 1.6.4 at the moment. I've kind of hit a brick wall though - I added IC2 to the mods (was adding 1 at a time and running a test after each new mod), worked fine up till that point. Now when I added IC2 I constantly ran out of memory, even though it wasn't using anywhere near the amount I allocated to Minecraft. Anyway - figured it was just bugged so I removed IC2 again and did another test run - still crashing. Now this is where I get confused, because it worked just fine before I added/removed IC2, and now no matter what I add/remove it instant crashes my client (my test server doesn't complain at all).
    No crash logs or anything, minecraft just stops responding 5-10 seconds after joining the server - and again the server isn't complaining at all.

Halp?

Everyone see that dimensional doors is finally in beta for 1.6. I really love that mod

Quote Originally Posted by Niablar View Post
    Halp?
    Hmm, difficult. Nothing in

-> ForgeModLoader-client-0.log
    -> output-client.log
    -> output-server.log

Nothing?

Maybe time to check the options

I run java 1.6 on Windows XP with 50mods under this options

-Xmx700M -Xms650M -Xincgc -XX:ParallelGCThreads=2 -XX:PermSize=128M -XX:MaxPermSize=256M

you CAN start vanilla Minecraft 1.6.4, yes? (create another config. the new launcher does it quickly)

other than that I dont know....

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jymi View Post
    Everyone see that dimensional doors is finally in beta for 1.6. I really love that mod
    I was checking for it for ages but it didn't look like it was being worked on. Good to know though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyk View Post
    Hmm, difficult. Nothing in

-> ForgeModLoader-client-0.log
    -> output-client.log
    -> output-server.log

Nothing?

Maybe time to check the options

I run java 1.6 on Windows XP with 50mods under this options

-Xmx700M -Xms650M -Xincgc -XX:ParallelGCThreads=2 -XX:PermSize=128M -XX:MaxPermSize=256M

you CAN start vanilla Minecraft 1.6.4, yes? (create another config. the new launcher does it quickly)

other than that I dont know....
    This is the best I can find (took the actual error out of the log, can post the entire thing if you want though)

2013-11-08 18:16:34 [INFO] [STDERR] Exception in thread "Minecraft main thread" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space

I can run vanilla 1.6.4 just fine, both on the server and client side.

Here's the last crash report I got (was from yesterday, after adding IC2) pastebin

I've tried starting over and I'm now running with the following mods without issues:

FurnitureMod
    AE
    BiblioCraft (with BoP addon)
    BoP
    extrautils
    IC2
    MFR
    Railcraft
    RotaryCraft
    Switches

Added coremods:
    DragonAPI (for RotaryCraft)
    PowerCrystalsCore (for MFR)

Runs just fine with these mods, so maybe IC2 isn't the culprit after all... Just find it odd that I'd run out of memory when it's getting 2 GB RAM for the server, and 4 for my client (I have 8 and it's not even using all of the 4 that I gave it when it "runs out of memory")

Thanks in advance.

Edit: posted the wrong crash log *facepalm*
    Last edited by mmocdbf11bdf54; 2013-11-08 at 08:08 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niablar View Post
    Runs just fine with these mods, so maybe IC2 isn't the culprit after all... Just find it odd that I'd run out of memory when it's getting 2 GB RAM for the server, and 4 for my client (I have 8 and it's not even using all of the 4 that I gave it when it "runs out of memory")

Thanks in advance.

Edit: posted the wrong crash log *facepalm*
    Post your java arguments too. If you're running out of memory then that may be the case.

You have a permgen issue. Just allocating more memory to mc won't fix this. There are examples of JVM arguments at the end of the changelog on the OP. You can also find several posts about this in the last few pages.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Post your java arguments too. If you're running out of memory then that may be the case.
    You have a permgen issue. Just allocating more memory to mc won't fix this. There are examples of JVM arguments at the end of the changelog on the OP. You can also find several posts about this in the last few pages.
    Oh wow, I'm stupid - can't believe I forgot about this (I've been spoiled by the FTB launcher -_-), testing!

Edit:

THANK YOU SO MUCH, I just went for broke and added ALL the mods I wanted in the pack, I also added XX:PermSize=1G to the client and XX:PermSize=512m to the server - guess what, it's running flawlessly, thank you SO much.

<3 Blizz
    Last edited by mmocdbf11bdf54; 2013-11-08 at 10:48 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I should add java arguments to the OP somewhere. Need to do a small write-up for it.

- - - Updated - - -

1.6.4 Updates!

• Carpenter Blocks Updated
    • Dartcraft Updated
    • Extra Cells Updated
    • Natura Updated
    • Open Blocks Updated
    • Project Zulu Updated
    • Tinkers Construct Updated
    • bspkrscore Updated
    • Compact Solars Updated

The Natura update is for a development version. You may need to wait for a config update for this. Tinkers Construct is a development version as well.

- - - Updated - - -

ProfMobius (MCP, Waila) released the first alpha version of his new mod Opis.

Let's help him test it out and give him constructive feedback.

Website: http://profmobius.blogspot.fr/2013/1...100-alpha.html
    ProfMobius on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ProfMobius

I'll be doing a spotlight tomorrow. Need to try it out for a bit first

i wish i could update my mods but everytime i played it it launches successfully but the second time i tried to play minecraft i get the same anoying crash log nei bla bla bla crash because its stupid i end up taking the mods out leaving ccc and nei so it could redownload the files

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    I should add java arguments to the OP somewhere. Need to do a small write-up for it.

- - - Updated - - -

1.6.4 Updates!

• Carpenter Blocks Updated
    • Dartcraft Updated
    • Extra Cells Updated
    • Natura Updated
    • Open Blocks Updated
    • Project Zulu Updated
    • Tinkers Construct Updated
    • bspkrscore Updated
    • Compact Solars Updated

The Natura update is for a development version. You may need to wait for a config update for this. Tinkers Construct is a development version as well.

- - - Updated - - -

ProfMobius (MCP, Waila) released the first alpha version of his new mod Opis.

Let's help him test it out and give him constructive feedback.

Website: http://profmobius.blogspot.fr/2013/1...100-alpha.html
    ProfMobius on Twitter: https://twitter.com/ProfMobius

I'll be doing a spotlight tomorrow. Need to try it out for a bit first
    Looking forward to it. I probably won't install it since I don't really see the point of it in singleplayer. Maybe if I ever think of doing a server again, I'll give it a go.