Deleted
    We are running a private MC-Server based on Fuzzzie's list. We are not running all the mods though. And also using Laguy's config files.

From last update on we experience lag pikes (not really pikes. the start random and keep alive untill a server restart). I'll put all necessary information in txt-Files below, just like to do the description before :-)

When checking the server I found one java-process uses 90%-100% processorusage.
    I tried to identify the problem with "opis" but just found out i got an electrical engine that seems to be a bit slow on update. Although it is deactivated :-P

OK. I'll put my serverspeccs, installed mod-list and java parameters in a single txt-file. Hope anybody can help me out to identify the lag producer and of just tell me what to do to get the server configured better

Thanks in advance

Now the txt:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/08q1e224bf...erverSpecc.txt

Edit: Should have add an information which mods had been updated lately. Here they are:

BiblioCraft[v1.5.4].zip
    BiomesOPlenty-universal-1.6.4-1.1.3.352.jar
    CodeChickenCore 0.9.0.7.jar
    CodeChickenLib-universal-1.6.4-1.0.0.45.jar
    CoFHCore-2.0.0.b9e.jar
    CraftingSuite-v0.2.1.3.jar
    EnderIO-1.6.4-0.5.3.128.jar
    Factorization-0.8.23.jar
    ForgeMultipart-universal-1.6.4-1.0.0.220.jar
    Galacticraft-1.6.4-2.0.7.904.jar
    Galacticraft-Planets-1.6.4-2.0.7.904.jar
    industrialcraft-2_2.0.333-experimental.jar
    MicdoodleCore-1.6.4-2.0.7.904.jar
    Railcraft_1.6.4-8.3.1.0.jar
    ThermalExpansion-3.0.0.b9e.jar

15+ Year Old Account
    1.6.4 Updates!

• Extra Cells Updated
    • Immibis Core Updated
    • Advanced Machines Updated
    • Immibis Peripheral Updated
    • Red Logic Updated
    • Modular Powersuits Updated
    • Numina Updated
    • Railcraft Updated
    • Thermal Expansion Updated
    • Redstone Arsenal Updated
    • CoFH Core Updated
    • bspkrscore Updated
    • Additional Pipes Updated
    • Magic Bees Updated
    • MFFS 3 Updated

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberghost View Post
    From last update on we experience lag pikes (not really pikes. the start random and keep alive untill a server restart). I'll put all necessary information in txt-Files below, just like to do the description before :-)
    The server should be more than capable of running with those mods.

Try removing -Xincgc from the java args. I don't think that's needed unless your using a dev environment. Might be wrong. Others would know better. Could bump the perm size too.

I see the new railcraft version requires forge 965. And that they now show an installer on the forge site for it. Has anyone been ruuning 965 with the fuzzies pack? Just checking before I try to update :-)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonsaffle13 View Post
    I see the new railcraft version requires forge 965. And that they now show an installer on the forge site for it. Has anyone been ruuning 965 with the fuzzies pack? Just checking before I try to update :-)
    Thanks for the heads up. Going to add it as a secondary option.

- - - Updated - - -

• Added Forge 965 Installer

@ cyberghost remove -XX:ParallelGCThreads=2 from your servers jvm arguments with that much ram allocated you really don't want that command in there...that IMO is probably whats bringing your CPU to its knees

Ok a quad core with 3.8 GB of ram is what you have to play with this is taken from readme in configs and modified...

-Xms1024m -Xmx1024m -Xmn256m -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=80 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=31 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=40 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=150 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:PermSize=512m –XX:MaxPermSize512m -XX:+TieredCompilation -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=1024m -XX:+UseCodeCacheFlushing -XX:CompileThreshold=1000 -jar “put your server jar name here” nogui

if my math is off i am sure someone can correct it :P
    Last edited by Adarcer; 2013-12-20 at 12:55 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey folks!

Greevir made an amazing texture for the TE Dynamo's.

Made a reddit post to give it some exposure. Would be really appreciative if you guys checked it out and upvoted the thread and liked the video!!

http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast...nsion_dynamos/

Yah i saw that on youtube looked nice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by laguy442 View Post
    I did some quick playing around with .965 in 1.6.4 and with no mods added it runs. The problem is that it does not work with our config pack. I tried added one mod (Buildcraft) and Minecraft does start, but when I added a couple more mods it crashed.

At this point I see no reason to spend hours trying to figure out which mods in the config pack work and which ones don't under .965 just so we can get an update to Railcraft.

Once we get more mods running on .965 I will go through them and see if we can find a subset of mods that work with .965.
    Yeah. Should see more mods working with it soon, hopefully. The new forge isn't using the 1.7 prep builds. This one was built from a backdated version to fix an issue with tileentities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Hey folks!

Greevir made an amazing texture for the TE Dynamo's.

Made a reddit post to give it some exposure. Would be really appreciative if you guys checked it out and upvoted the thread and liked the video!!

http://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast...nsion_dynamos/
    Thanks! Also posted a new vid there showing the animation slowed a bit.

So is the .965 Forge build stable enough for them to release an installer? And do all mods need to be updated to work against .965?

I tried installing the .965 and kept the exact same mods (except updated Railcraft). My client just closes; no error, no crash, no log. Just closes.

Saw laguy's post. Never mind.
    Last edited by CLorans; 2013-12-20 at 04:01 PM.

I did some quick playing around with .965 in 1.6.4 and with no mods added it runs. The problem is that it does not work with our config pack. I tried added one mod (Buildcraft) and Minecraft does start, but when I added a couple more mods it crashed.

At this point I see no reason to spend hours trying to figure out which mods in the config pack work and which ones don't under .965 just so we can get an update to Railcraft.

Once we get more mods running on .965 I will go through them and see if we can find a subset of mods that work with .965.

-----------------------------------------

Seems we can use .965, but in order to so you must also be running the newest version of Railcraft. Strangely it is the very mod that I was trying to update that kept it from updating from .953.

So from my testing this morning..

Railcraft 8.3.1.0 will only load under .953
    Railcraft 8.3.2.0 will only load under .965

So if you want to run .965 make sure you also update Railcraft. Of course my testing is only to see if Minecraft starts at this point. I will do some more testing today on my play world.

--------

There were no ID changes from today's update list, however you may want to follow this recommendation from King Lemming on a tweet yesterday. He recommends you open the config file for Railcraft and set Block.Hidden ID to 0. I have already updated the master configs but didn't think it was necessary to do an update just for this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CLorans View Post
    So is the .965 Forge build stable enough for them to release an installer? And do all mods need to be updated to work against .965?

I tried installing the .965 and kept the exact same mods (except updated Railcraft). My client just closes; no error, no crash, no log. Just closes.

Saw laguy's post. Never mind.
    Hmmm. This worries me. You should have been able to run with .965 with the updated Railcraft. Maybe my testing isn't complete enough at this point. I will keep testing and see what I can figure out. If you find anything new let me know. I was afraid that Railcraft being the only mod with issues with .965 might be too good to be true.

10+ Year Old Account
    The changing of the hidden block to 0 should only be done to railcraft if using the old versions of it and forge. The new versions of Railcraft and Forge were updated specifically due to this issue.

Is my understanding that 965 has something to do with 1.7 and things that come up as "will not survive 1.7 update" may or will not work right. for now I'm sticking with 953 and the old railcraft :-)

i cant see new forge on file server at all? maybe its deleted?

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    The changing of the hidden block to 0 should only be done to railcraft if using the old versions of it and forge. The new versions of Railcraft and Forge were updated specifically due to this issue.
    Thanks for the updated info. Was just basing it on what King Lemming posted yesterday.

Deleted
    @kikisp: You can still find the file at http://files.minecraftforge.net/

First choice under 1.6.4 Downloads.

@jasonaffle13: I still get the warnings in logfile for anonymous items with forge 965. I assume it's still working as usual.

@adarcer: Didn't try the java attributes so far. Will update the server tonight. Including the attributes you mentioned. Although i wonder why you think i should allocate only 1GB ram??

15+ Year Old Account
    1.6.4 Updates!

• Railcraft Reverted to v8.3.1.0
    • Treecapitator Updated
    • RotaryCraft Updated
    • DragonAPI Updated
    • Numina Updated
    • Modular Powersuits Updated

A few updates and fixes. Notably, Railcraft has been reverted to the previous version until the issues are resolved with Forge. I'll wait for Laguy to give it the okay before reposting the update. Dont want to cause people extra issues.

Also, Forge 965 is on the list for those looking to test. It's under Forge Latest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Thanks! Also posted a new vid there showing the animation slowed a bit.
    I saw it too. Thanks for the explanation in your comment. I was just thinking about looks.

Someone needs to make a ZPM from Stargate. That would make fore some fun textures since they were hardly ever shown working.

No changes for the ID's for the updates just posted (post #5716). I am continuing to run .965 in my play environment with no problems so far but we will probably wait a day or two before officially saying the config pack is running on .965.

anybody knows how to make mps to use te recipes?

Quote Originally Posted by kikisp View Post
    anybody knows how to make mps to use te recipes?
    You need to go into the config folder (configs/machinemuse) and in the powersuits.cfg change the "Thermal Expansion Recipes" to true. With the latest version of PowerSuits, there should also be a folder in that config folder called recipes. In there you need to put the ThermalExpansion.recipes file that is found on her Jenkins (http://build.technicpack.net/job/ModularPowersuits/).

laguy442 - You may want to add those to the config pack, assuming she doesn't mind you distributing them.
    Last edited by rckymtnrfc; 2013-12-20 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by laguy442 View Post

-----------------------------------------

Seems we can use .965, but in order to so you must also be running the newest version of Railcraft. Strangely it is the very mod that I was trying to update that kept it from updating from .953.

So from my testing this morning..

Railcraft 8.3.1.0 will only load under .953
    Railcraft 8.3.2.0 will only load under .965

So if you want to run .965 make sure you also update Railcraft. Of course my testing is only to see if Minecraft starts at this point. I will do some more testing today on my play world.
    I updated to forge 965 and the newest railcraft and every seems fine with my existing world. I run about 75%-80% of the mods on this list plus a few extras. So from a somewhat limited testing of about 10 minutes checking things out in an existing world, forge 965 would seem stable.