Page 11 of 374 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodachi216 View Post
    Hey Fuzzie! Just wanted to pop in here and thank you for this thread. You are providing a great service!

Oh and btw, love the Commodore reference! Really brings back memories.
    Thanks for your support!

--

Updates for today:

• Logistics Pipes Updated

That's about all I found. I'm going to be leaving tomorrow morning for most of the day. I might be checking in from time to time but no more updates until at least later at night.

Just wanted to point out a few times that should be added to the forestry backpack config under miner's backpack and the miner's backpack does not pick them up properly.

Copper 249
    Aluminum 255:5
    Amber 25263:6
    Tin 248
    Silver 1243
    Uranium 30243

I also wanted to point out the Enchanting Plus mod. It revamps the enchanting system so you get to chose your enchantments. Takes the randomness out of it, but to get a max everything item will cost you around 50+ levels rather than just 30. You can also transfer enchantments and disenchant items for a partial exp refund.
    Last edited by Adalonus; 2012-12-05 at 09:03 AM.

I know your busy in RL and with your Lets Play but are the configs comming anytime soon? Also optifine has been updated. Thaumcraft is also up to version 3.0.0g
    Last edited by hofmannk; 2012-12-05 at 07:09 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hofmannk View Post
    I know your busy in RL and with your Lets Play but are the configs comming anytime soon? Also optifine has been updated. Thaumcraft is also up to version 3.0.0g
    Configs should be up sometime tonight. I have all the blockID fixes done, just need to configure it so it's not spawning 4x copper and things like that. Shouldn't take too long once I get started.

--

Updates for today!

• Forge Updated
    • Optifine Updated
    • EnderStorage Updated
    • Extra Bees Updated
    • ExtraBiomesXL Updated
    • Greg's Lighting Updated
    • Iron Chests 2 Updated
    • Soul Shards Updated
    • Steve's Carts 2 Updated
    • Thaumcraft 3 Updated
    • GregsTech Addon Updated

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Configs should be up sometime tonight. I have all the blockID fixes done, just need to configure it so it's not spawning 4x copper and things like that. Shouldn't take too long once I get started.[/list]
    Just wanted to make sure you get Treecapitator config'd properly so the chainsaw cuts trees too and they cut Rubber Trees and the Extra Biomes trees. I believe the numbers are 1210; 1211; 1212; 1213; and 243. I've also noticed that one of the blocks for extrabiomesXL goes into the wrong backpack. That ID number is 1209 and it goes into the Digger backpack. This is a wood block.

Also curious if the Greg's Lighting/NEI issue was fixed in the update.

As an additional update, my some of my texture problems seem to be coming from optifine. I've have to fiddle with my graphics card.
    Last edited by Adalonus; 2012-12-05 at 11:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuzzie, having an issue with either IC2 or NEI. NEI is not showing a number of IC2 Machines. All the Gatherer and Processing machines are missing. Hmm.... looking at the IC2 config file, the machines aren't even listed there. This is a fresh install with the following mods:

Forge
    Optifine
    CCC
    NEI
    Additional Pipes
    Advanced Machines
    Buildcraft
    CameraCraft
    Compact Solar
    Enderstorage
    XBXL
    Factorization
    Forestry
    GregsLighting
    Nuclear Control
    IC2
    InvTweaks
    Iron Chests 2
    Advanced Solar Panels
    Grav Suite
    Mystcraft
    NEI Plugins
    Railcraft
    Rei's Minimap
    SoulShards
    Steve Carts
    Thaumcraft
    Thermal Exp
    Transformers
    Twilight Forest

Didn't have to make any config changes as there were no conflicting Block IDs.
    Last edited by Greevir; 2012-12-05 at 11:19 PM.

I also wanted to point out that Minecraft is apparently having some issues with windows 8.

Also, with my new graphics card (I'm assuming), Optifine is going on a rampage. I'm getting hundreds of nullpoints errors a second followed by a crash. Looks like this

2012-12-05 03:51:52 [INFO] [STDERR] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2012-12-05 03:51:52 [INFO] [STDERR] at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor34.invoke(Unknown Source)
    2012-12-05 03:51:52 [INFO] [STDERR] at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    2012-12-05 03:51:52 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    2012-12-05 03:51:52 [INFO] [STDERR] at Reflector.callVoid(Reflector.java:257)
    2012-12-05 03:51:52 [INFO] [STDERR] at bak.a(RenderGlobal.java:1008)
    2012-12-05 03:51:52 [INFO] [STDERR] at bac.a(EntityRenderer.java:1524)
    2012-12-05 03:51:52 [INFO] [STDERR] at bac.b(EntityRenderer.java:1113)
    2012-12-05 03:51:52 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.J(Minecraft.java:888)
    2012-12-05 03:51:52 [INFO] [STDERR] at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:783)
    2012-12-05 03:51:52 [INFO] [STDERR] at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

^That times about a billion followed by a failure to write to the core dump

#
    # A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
    #
    # EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x0000000000000000, pid=4232, tid=1852
    #
    # JRE version: 7.0_09-b05
    # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (23.5-b02 mixed mode windows-amd64 compressed oops)
    # Problematic frame:
    # C 0x0000000000000000
    #
    # Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
    #
    # An error report file with more information is saved as:
    # C:\Users\Adalonus\Documents\Gamage\Minecraft\MultiMC\instances\[1.4.5] FTB+\minecraft\hs_err_pid4232.log
    #
    # If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
    # <Bug report link. I still can't post them.>
    # The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
    # See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
    #
    Minecraft exited with code 1.
    Minecraft has crashed!

I thought it was my optifine settings, so I reset them to the default settings. Unfortunately this did not solve my issue and I was forced to remove optifine for the time being.

Edit: Apparently quite a few people are having 'Ticking World' errors with optifine D4 on the optifine forum. Reverting to D3 seems to fix the issue.
    Last edited by Adalonus; 2012-12-06 at 12:10 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adalonus View Post
    Also curious if the Greg's Lighting/NEI issue was fixed in the update.
    Not sure yet. Working on the configs and install right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Fuzzie, having an issue with either IC2 or NEI. NEI is not showing a number of IC2 Machines. All the Gatherer and Processing machines are missing. Hmm.... looking at the IC2 config file, the machines aren't even listed there. This is a fresh install with the following mods:

Didn't have to make any config changes as there were no conflicting Block IDs.
    BlockID for things like macerators and other machines is 4021 by default. You'll find them under "blockMachine" and not by their typical names. Try removing Greg's Lighting and trying again. It's been causing NEI issues lately (for me and others).

Apparently quite a few people are having 'Ticking World' errors with optifine D4 on the optifine forum. Reverting to D3 seems to fix the issue.
    I'm using D4 right now and it seems to be working for me. It's likely an issue that the dev is going to have to sort out. If D3 is working fine then you may as well stick with it until there is some word on the bug.

Working on configs now. Should be up in an hour or two.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure yet. Working on the configs and install right now.

BlockID for things like macerators and other machines is 4021 by default. You'll find them under "blockMachine" and not by their typical names. Try removing Greg's Lighting and trying again. It's been causing NEI issues lately (for me and others).

I'm using D4 right now and it seems to be working for me. It's likely an issue that the dev is going to have to sort out. If D3 is working fine then you may as well stick with it until there is some word on the bug.

Working on configs now. Should be up in an hour or two.
    I have:
    I:blockMachine=4071
    I:blockMachine2=4070

And removing Greg Lighting didn't help them show up. And also having weird issues with the latest Optifine. On my modpack I just made its working, but on my fresh, vanilla install it give me the same issue Adalonus is having.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 06:52 PM ----------

By the way, do you still have the link for the previous Optifine? HD_U_3?

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 06:53 PM ----------

Nvm, just replaced the 4 with 3 in the link

15+ Year Old Account
    I have:
    I:blockMachine=4071
    I:blockMachine2=4070

And removing Greg Lighting didn't help them show up. And also having weird issues with the latest Optifine. On my modpack I just made its working, but on my fresh, vanilla install it give me the same issue Adalonus is having.
    The way I usually track down problems like this is by removing everything else and just leave IC2. That way if it shows up you know it's a conflict with another mod. If they show up when you do that, try installing each IC2 addon 1 by 1 to see if that screws anything up. You should also try deleting the config file when doing this. Back everything up first!!

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 08:18 PM ----------

ChickenChunks is causing an issue with latest forge. Removed from my install and configs until it's sorted.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 08:58 PM ----------

• Thaumcraft Updated

Config Files Updated (finally )!

Config Files have been uploaded. Noteable changes to them are as follows:

• BlockID conflicts resolved.
    • Enderchest Storage Space set to 6x9! Thanks Chickenbones!!
    • Buildcraft Power Pipes set to not lose power over distance.
    • Forestry difficulty set to Easy. Easy is what we've all been used to so far.
    • Forestry Copper and Tin Disabled.
    • Iron Tank size from Railcraft set to Maximum.
    • Treecapitator should be set to harvest extrabiomes trees.
    • Removed Power loss for Power Teleport Pipes.
    • HTTP enabled for Computercraft.
    • Increased Iridium Ore worldgen probability. (other GregsTech-Addon tweaks should be up to the player).
    • Steam Outputting Nuclear Reactors disbaled.
    • Increased the range of Howler Alarms from Nuclear Control to 256 blocks.
    • Inventroy Tweaks Auto-Refill Disabled (it's annoying). Also changed Sort Hotkey to Y instead of R to avoid accidental clicks.
    • Increased EU gained from Charge Station for Turtles to be the same value as coal.
    • Disabled Dense Ores in Mystcraft (It's far too cheater).
    • See through Portals from portalgun disabled (causes too much lag even on good machines).

These are changes that I felt were important and worthwhile. They can be changed easily if you don't like them.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?57dh7i76013kbm1

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that was a pain in the ass.... installed the mods one at a time, fix block conflicts, load map, check it, close game, rinse and repeat. And it turns out nothing is wrong... Something must have screwed up in the previous install cause I had 0 block ID conflicts then. Wonder why I wasn't getting the usual "Minecraft has crashed" instead of half of IC2 simply not showing up?

15+ Year Old Account
    Well that was a pain in the ass.... installed the mods one at a time, fix block conflicts, load map, check it, close game, rinse and repeat. And it turns out nothing is wrong... Something must have screwed up in the previous install cause I had 0 block ID conflicts then. Wonder why I wasn't getting the usual "Minecraft has crashed" instead of half of IC2 simply not showing up?
    Modding MC is sketchy at best. Especially when you're dealing with a lot of different mods.

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 11:57 PM ----------

Also wanted to point out I'm having some issues with CameraCraft. For some reason I cannot open the UI for the cameras or see their recipe through NEI. Is this just me?
    Shift-Right Click with the camera in your hand. You'll need film.
    Right click to take pictures when you have film in the camera.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 12:14 AM ----------

Updated Config Files again to get rid of Thermal Expansion Generating Copper and Tin. IC2 should be the only mod doing this now.

[*]Disabled Dense Ores in Mystcraft (It's far too cheater).
    Dense Ores was alright if you went there personally, and you had Mystcraft set to hard difficulty for instability. If you disabled it, it was ridiculously easy. I found diamonds on Y83 and Iridium 3 times before I mined 100 blocks. On hard difficulty though, you had to deal with meteors and fatigue. Quarries and turtles would get blown up and so even that didn't work well enough.

Thank you for the updated config files! I don't think it's possible, but is there a way to change the NEI settings (locking in recipe mode) per save? I have a tendency to just cheat in a few items when I identically blow up my house due to high voltages and I'd rather not have that temptation, but I don't want to disable it in my test world. So far, my only solution has been to disable it in my instance and have a test instance rather than just a test world.

Finally, I know your Let's Play Season 2 is starting soon, but do you have a estimated start date or are you waiting for RedPower 2?

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 06:55 AM ----------

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 06:52 PM ----------

By the way, do you still have the link for the previous Optifine? HD_U_3?

---------- Post added 2012-12-05 at 06:53 PM ----------

Nvm, just replaced the 4 with 3 in the link

My textural issues arose from forgetting to disable OpenGL on my graphics card. The other issue about world ticks seems to be a combinations with Windows 8, Optifine, and your graphics cards not being fully supported in Windows 8 yet. Old links of Optifine can be found on their forum page right below their download link. It's a spoiler tag labeled old versions or something. Removing Greg's Lighting should fix the issue with NEI's UI disappearing and breaking when looking at certain items.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 07:31 AM ----------

I wanted to point out you configured Treecapitator wrong. You placed block ID 1255 (the block ExtraBiomes uses to create single block wide trees) under tools that will cut down trees, not blocks to be cut by axes. In addition, block IDs 1238;1239;1240 and 1241 need to be added (these are the blocks for each corner of 2x2 trees like redwood and they are different). Additionally, Rubber wood trees should be added (their ID is 4039). Finally, you may want to add the chainsaw (30233) to the list of tools as it is an axe.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dense Ores was alright if you went there personally, and you had Mystcraft set to hard difficulty for instability. If you disabled it, it was ridiculously easy. I found diamonds on Y83 and Iridium 3 times before I mined 100 blocks. On hard difficulty though, you had to deal with meteors and fatigue. Quarries and turtles would get blown up and so even that didn't work well enough.
    You can change it back. I just found it to be too cheater, even with the instability.

Thank you for the updated config files! I don't think it's possible, but is there a way to change the NEI settings (locking in recipe mode) per save? I have a tendency to just cheat in a few items when I identically blow up my house due to high voltages and I'd rather not have that temptation, but I don't want to disable it in my test world. So far, my only solution has been to disable it in my instance and have a test instance rather than just a test world.
    Yes, there is an option in the config file to make it recipe mode only. Instructions are in the config file.

Finally, I know your Let's Play Season 2 is starting soon, but do you have a estimated start date or are you waiting for RedPower 2?
    First episode goes up later today and regular episodes begin tomorrow morning

I wanted to point out you configured Treecapitator wrong. You placed block ID 1255 (the block ExtraBiomes uses to create single block wide trees) under tools that will cut down trees, not blocks to be cut by axes. In addition, block IDs 1238;1239;1240 and 1241 need to be added (these are the blocks for each corner of 2x2 trees like redwood and they are different). Additionally, Rubber wood trees should be added (their ID is 4039). Finally, you may want to add the chainsaw (30233) to the list of tools as it is an axe.
    Okay, I'll fix that later today. Thanks for the heads up!

10+ Year Old Account
    Just watched your last episode for Season 1. MAYBE NO XTRABIOMES FOR SEASON 2?!?!?! NOOOOOOO!!! I love that mod, I do tons of exploring in my games and I love the diversity of biomes that it adds. I hope you do reconsider. I have been a vanilla MC player for a looooong time and now after using xtrabtioms there's no way I can go back. And can't wait for season 2. Would love to be able to watch your stuff from the beginning. (I could go back and watch all of season 1 from the beginning but thats a LOT of video to watch!)

Is the list on the first page your setup for season 2? Or are there a few additions/subtractions? I learn far better by repeating what I see than any other way and am thinking of doing a world step by step following your vids for season 2.
    Last edited by Greevir; 2012-12-06 at 08:25 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just watched your last episode for Season 1. MAYBE NO XTRABIOMES FOR SEASON 2?!?!?! NOOOOOOO!!! I love that mod, I do tons of exploring in my games and I love the diversity of biomes that it adds. I hope you do reconsider. I have been a vanilla MC player for a looooong time and now after using xtrabtioms there's no way I can go back. And can't wait for season 2. Would love to be able to watch your stuff from the beginning. (I could go back and watch all of season 1 from the beginning but thats a LOT of video to watch!)

Is the list on the first page your setup for season 2? Or are there a few additions/subtractions? I learn far better by repeating what I see than any other way and am thinking of doing a world step by step following your vids for season 2.
    I've been testing without it. I've read that some of the new biomes it introduces messes with ore generation. It might be just talk but I'm going to do more testing before recording episode 1 today. I'm 50/50 right now. My biggest issue with it is honestly all the crap it creates that's useless. Leaves, flowers etc. I may keep it but only pick a few of the nice biomes to add and leave out the 4 different kinds of jungle and swamp. Just finished more work so I'll be getting down to business soon.

Also, thread updates will be later tonight.

---------- Post added 2012-12-06 at 05:46 PM ----------

Fixed (I think). Also added the advanced chainsaw from gravity suite and thaumium axe from thaumcraft to the machines. Updating configs now.

I've been testing without it. I've read that some of the new biomes it introduces messes with ore generation. It might be just talk but I'm going to do more testing before recording episode 1 today. I'm 50/50 right now. My biggest issue with it is honestly all the crap it creates that's useless. Leaves, flowers etc. I may keep it but only pick a few of the nice biomes to add and leave out the 4 different kinds of jungle and swamp. Just finished more work so I'll be getting down to business soon.
    I used to really like Extra Biomes, because if you spawned in a redwood forest with tree capitator, you never had to worry about wood again. Now I can't naturally make wood planks from redwood (or any of the extra biomes special trees) and I have to use a saw mill. I understand why having that much access to wood was a little strong, but requiring some kind of machine to turn it into planks was a bit excessive. By that point, I already have some type of tree farm set up. I think to just combine a stack of wood with an axe to get the planks like they do in TerraFirmaCraft and have the axe take damage would have been a better alternative. Now when I spawn near one, it just makes me wish I spawned near vanilla biomes instead. I do really like the savanna, other really flat biomes, and terrain generation for building and asthetics, though.

I also wanted to thank you for having quick replies to your thread and being so actively hepful.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 12:44 AM ----------

Railcraft has been updated to 6.10.0.0, btw.

15+ Year Old Account
    I used to really like Extra Biomes, because if you spawned in a redwood forest with tree capitator, you never had to worry about wood again. Now I can't naturally make wood planks from redwood (or any of the extra biomes special trees) and I have to use a saw mill. I understand why having that much access to wood was a little strong, but requiring some kind of machine to turn it into planks was a bit excessive. By that point, I already have some type of tree farm set up. I think to just combine a stack of wood with an axe to get the planks like they do in TerraFirmaCraft and have the axe take damage would have been a better alternative. Now when I spawn near one, it just makes me wish I spawned near vanilla biomes instead. I do really like the savanna, other really flat biomes, and terrain generation for building and asthetics, though.

I also wanted to thank you for having quick replies to your thread and being so actively hepful.

---------- Post added 2012-12-07 at 12:44 AM ----------

Railcraft has been updated to 6.10.0.0, btw.
    Well I decided to use it. Taking a break from recording right now. Having no problems creating planks with the XBXL wood. Might be a config option or something.

Updates will be done as soon as I finish up this. Thanks for sticking around!

Love the effort you put into the mod listing. It has pretty much all the mods I use and the best part is... you keep the VERSION there too! Easy to see if a mod has been updated - Thanks very much for all your work put into this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I decided to use it. Taking a break from recording right now. Having no problems creating planks with the XBXL wood. Might be a config option or something.

Updates will be done as soon as I finish up this. Thanks for sticking around!
    Watched Episode 0. HAHA at Windows interrupting you! When Windows notices that your computer is running low on resources, it disables the Aero Interface (which is what happened). Also, you mentioned with Soul Shard that the higher tier spawners give out higher lvl mobs. I was under the impression that each tier only increases the amount of mobs spawn by each "pulse" of the mob spawner. Did something change with it?