15+ Year Old Account
    If the bug persists then downgrade to Forge 497. I'm still using that and it's pretty stable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    If the bug persists then downgrade to Forge 497. I'm still using that and it's pretty stable.

Will do what mods needed to be jumped down to was it extra bees and forestry

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skedone View Post
    Will do what mods needed to be jumped down to was it extra bees and forestry
    None. They'll all work with 497.

Deleted
    Cool fuzzie wuzzie will sort that later

15+ Year Old Account
    Cool fuzzie wuzzie will sort that later
    Greevir is also updating the modpack for his server today. Make sure you get in touch with him to get the new pack.

Deleted
    will do HEY GREEVIER hook me up bro

10+ Year Old Account
    will do HEY GREEVIER hook me up bro
    Heh. just got up. Working on the server as I post this. Will update you when i'm done.

Deleted
    cheers mate would a dropbox acc be better or gdrive

I was doing fine with 499 for a long time. I'm going to try out 506 though to see if they fixed it.

NVM apparently 507 is out now. Must be some issues.
    Last edited by Moonmonk; 2013-01-22 at 07:07 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonmonk View Post
    I was doing fine with 499 for a long time. I'm going to try out 506 though to see if they fixed it.

NVM apparently 507 is out now. Must be some issues.
    Thing is with a lot of these builds is they're development versions kinda. If they're working to resolve an issue a modder is having they'll try something, compile it and release it. It's not necessarily a product meant for mass consumption. Forge generally speaking isn't something that needs to be updated constantly. If your mods are working good with 497 or 499 then keep using them. If I see CPW or Lex tweet an important update then I'll be sure to post the new version and let people know.

As the purpose of the list is to use the most up-to-date mods I'll keep updating each version, however for your casual player who just wants something that works, the recommended version on the Forge site should be all you need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is with a lot of these builds is they're development versions kinda. If they're working to resolve an issue a modder is having they'll try something, compile it and release it. It's not necessarily a product meant for mass consumption. Forge generally speaking isn't something that needs to be updated constantly. If your mods are working good with 497 or 499 then keep using them. If I see CPW or Lex tweet an important update then I'll be sure to post the new version and let people know.

As the purpose of the list is to use the most up-to-date mods I'll keep updating each version, however for your casual player who just wants something that works, the recommended version on the Forge site should be all you need.
    Agreed. The server is still only running 499. I don't see any reason to update it unless another mod I want to update needs it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Agreed. The server is still only running 499. I don't see any reason to update it unless another mod I want to update needs it to be.
    Yeah, I went back to using the more stable 499 as I have not had any problems with it so far. I usually like to keep my mods all updated, and forge updates a lot of times will fix bugs with the functionality of my mods so I prefer having it current.

Deleted
    Could please someone send me the 499 forge version, as i can't find it and i don't have a backup of it?
    PM me and i'll give you my email

15+ Year Old Account
    Ran through the updates to get them done and out of the way:

• Forge Updated
    • Extra Bees Updated
    • Iron Chests 2 Updated
    • Steve's Carts 2 Updated
    • Thaumcraft 3 Updated
    • Modular Force Field System (MFFS) Updated

Thaumcraft 3 Update looks exciting. Some good changes. I'm personally happy to see Amber compression. Here's the full changelog:

3.0.2 (current)
    - update to 1.4.7
    - Welcome to tier 3!
    - possible fix for corrupt nodeid count
    - thaumcraft monster worldspawns can now be disabled in the config settings
    - some server config settings will now be sent to the client whenever it connects
    - fixed crash when displaying aspects of items without actual aspects
    - added warded glass
    - warded stone, glass and arcane door is now set to be completely unbreakable even for the person that placed them. They can only be picked up by using a casting wand on them.
    - added iron and gold keys to grant others access to an arcane door. See your thaumonomicon for details.
    - added warded pressure plates (new research)
    - arcane levitators are now more responsive and individual levitators in a stack can be powered down to reduce the levitation height. Only levitators above (or below) the one that has been powered down will be counted for lift or fall distance
    - aura node rarity is now configurable.
    - For texture pack makers: ss_core.png was getting a bit crowded so some stuff has been moved to ss_world.png
    - added another source of the aura aspect
    - added another source of the Mutatio aspect
    - golems no longer flee when damaged. It caused more problems than it prevented
    - added amber blocks and bricks. Blocks are crafted with 4 amber and amber bricks with 4 amber blocks. All of these can be converted back into amber.
    - rebalanced the casting wands (wand of the apprentice, adept and thaumaturge)
    - casting wands now have their own gui elements
    - changed the way data is stored for casting wands.
    - slowed casting wand recharge rates while in inventory. Wands now recharge at the same rate in both tables and the players inventory. Higher tier wands have higher recharge rates.
    - *WARNING*: Due to these changes there is a very small chance that existing casting wands with damage might break. You may also need to remove any wands from crafting tables and hold them in your inventory for a moment before they will start working with the new system.
    - in the ongoing battle to prevent data loss, research data is now saved with the players vanilla NBT data. As a happy side-effect this seems to solve the offline/online issue. \o/
    - aura data is now saved as part of the normal MC chunk data. As a result any kind of aura operations now only takes place on nodes in loaded chunks. This has already been true for the most part, but previously a small number of operations could still take place even in unloaded chunks.
    - *IMPORTANT* I will be removing all legacy saving methods for both research and auras in a FUTURE update. Research data for players that haven't logged in since this update, and aura data for chunks that have not been loaded WILL be lost. Don't worry, I will give ample warning when I do it.
    - added several new enchants - check your thaumonomicon for details. They do not require research to unlock.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 06:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trayus View Post
    Could please someone send me the 499 forge version, as i can't find it and i don't have a backup of it?
    PM me and i'll give you my email
    http://adf.ly/673885/http://files.mi...-6.6.0.499.zip

The thaumcraft update partially broke my world. All of my aura nodes vanished, and the only way to find one was to go to a new Mystcraft age or an unexplored chunk. I regenned them with the config file, but now 'my' node has moved somewhere unknown, and seems to the only node covering some vast, vast distance, because no matter how far out I go, it's still the only node my goggles see.

My machines are working and I can get the vis I need from the node, wherever it is, but now I can't find it, so I can't grow it or build a 'containment chamber' around it.

EDIT: Holy shit nevermind I found it. It respawned on a mountain near my netherportal as a god damn unstable dark node. D8 WELL this will be fun.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2013-01-23 at 01:58 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    The thaumcraft update partially broke my world. All of my aura nodes vanished, and the only way to find one was to go to a new Mystcraft age or an unexplored chunk. I regenned them with the config file, but now 'my' node has moved somewhere unknown, and seems to the only node covering some vast, vast distance, because no matter how far out I go, it's still the only node my goggles see.

My machines are working and I can get the vis I need from the node, wherever it is, but now I can't find it, so I can't grow it or build a 'containment chamber' around it.

EDIT: Holy shit nevermind I found it. It respawned on a mountain near my netherportal as a god damn unstable dark node. D8 WELL this will be fun.
    Hmm. Greevir is just updating to it now on his server. I guess we'll see what happens.

Hmm. Greevir is just updating to it now on his server. I guess we'll see what happens.
    Just a note, the extrabees update linked is completely broken, as in it will remove all extra bees items from the world (best case scenerio), or corrupt your world entirely (worst case). I highly recommend changing the download to 1.4.9.26 rather than 1.4.9.27.

Deleted
    Now it says that minecraft cannot run with the current configuration, any idea on what to do? Would it help solve the problem to post the .txt file of forge?

If I had to guess it's probably something related to the fact that I regenned nodes and everything in this world to begin with since I'd already been playing in this world, rather than install Thaumcraft and then make a brand new world.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by citriz View Post
    Just a note, the extrabees update linked is completely broken, as in it will remove all extra bees items from the world (best case scenerio), or corrupt your world entirely (worst case). I highly recommend changing the download to 1.4.9.26 rather than 1.4.9.27.
    Anyone have the URL for that? I'll pull the current link down for now. Version 1.4.9.28 is up now, maybe that one fixes it. I'll post the link here for now and test it tomorrow. Pretty tired.

Extra Bees 1.4.9.28: http://adf.ly/HlwRs

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 11:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Trayus View Post
    Now it says that minecraft cannot run with the current configuration, any idea on what to do? Would it help solve the problem to post the .txt file of forge?
    Yes. Post it to pastebin please.

---------- Post added 2013-01-22 at 11:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    If I had to guess it's probably something related to the fact that I regenned nodes and everything in this world to begin with since I'd already been playing in this world, rather than install Thaumcraft and then make a brand new world.
    Didn't seem to have trouble with TC3 today, although neither of us are really using it much at the moment.
    Last edited by Fuzzzie; 2013-01-23 at 04:46 AM.