Quote Originally Posted by Reganom View Post
    For me, it has to be the tanks.
    Tanks here as well. Although I just got into using Railcraft tanks so I'm not holding my breath for Xycraft.

Deleted
    i really like the fabricater also thaumbic bees have been updated mate

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    What part are you looking forward to?
    Probably the tanks and elemental blocks like the water block and the earth one that makes things grow faster.

About the next Xycraft update, just to clarify this for everyone, I read Andrew's twitter and he said it's just Lamps, Liquid System revamp, and long overdue bugfixes (thank god cause that stacking bug with quartz crystals makes it impossible to store them in barrels.... and there's like 7 different quartz crystals -.- 6 with dmg values (or whatever you call the number after the ID#: ) and 1 without).

Dunno when the machine release will be, but best bet would probably be somewhere around 1.5 mc, that's my guess anyway.

I am personally looking forward to the tanks, and the water/grass blocks though lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JadeDrgn View Post
    About the next Xycraft update, just to clarify this for everyone, I read Andrew's twitter and he said it's just Lamps, Liquid System revamp, and long overdue bugfixes (thank god cause that stacking bug with quartz crystals makes it impossible to store them in barrels.... and there's like 7 different quartz crystals -.- 6 with dmg values (or whatever you call the number after the ID#: ) and 1 without).

Dunno when the machine release will be, but best bet would probably be somewhere around 1.5 mc, that's my guess anyway.

I am personally looking forward to the tanks, and the water/grass blocks though lol.
    Yeah, thats why I'm wondering why people seem so excited about this update. It's just adding lamps..... which we already have with RP2. Honestly though, I'm kinda torn with Xycraft. I wan't it finished to try out all the stuff but I imagine I'll remove it once I have. I want NEW stuff.... not "improved" versions of stuff we already have.... Really, if I didn't enjoy using the blocks thats in it now for decorating my Thaumcraft stuff, it'd be gone already.

Logistics pipes, Forestry, and Thaumic bees updated. Hopefully useful bugfixes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Yeah, thats why I'm wondering why people seem so excited about this update. It's just adding lamps..... which we already have with RP2. Honestly though, I'm kinda torn with Xycraft. I wan't it finished to try out all the stuff but I imagine I'll remove it once I have. I want NEW stuff.... not "improved" versions of stuff we already have.... Really, if I didn't enjoy using the blocks thats in it now for decorating my Thaumcraft stuff, it'd be gone already.
    I agree. I don't see a lot out there that's new. Just more of the same really. We already have tanks, we already have lamps. I understand that each mod wants to stand on it's own without relying on other mods for functionality, but be original.

Anyways. Updates for today. Pretty good list.

• Additional Buildcraft Objects Updated
    • Forestry Updated
    • Gravity Gun Updated
    • Portal Gun Updated
    • Industrialcraft 2 Updated
    • Logistics Pipes Updated
    • Steve's Carts 2 Updated
    • Thaumic Bees Updated
    • GregTech Addon Updated
    • Assembly Line Updated
    • Atomic Science Updated
    • Electrical Expansion Updated
    • Modular Powersuits Updated
    • SyntaCraft Updated
    • Millénaire Updated

Mostly bugfixes and such. The Portalgun / Gravity gun releases look like they contain the most significant changes and fixes.

More info here: http://ichun.us/

Is gregtech fighting a silent war against other tech mods or what?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonmonk View Post
    Is gregtech fighting a silent war against other tech mods or what?
    The idea of the mod is to make all levels of play more challenging. It boosts requirements for early tech and carries that through until late game. It is quite configurable however. Our server mostly has the easy recipes enabled. I can see why people get turned off when they first install it, however the endgame stuff is a lot of fun to play with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    The idea of the mod is to make all levels of play more challenging. It boosts requirements for early tech and carries that through until late game. It is quite configurable however. Our server mostly has the easy recipes enabled. I can see why people get turned off when they first install it, however the endgame stuff is a lot of fun to play with.
    Pretty much. The end game stuff looks really cool. Its everything else it changes that pisses me off.

I know that some of it is configurable but a lot of things have been disabled for other mods such as recipes for forestry bronze etc. that are not configurable.

It wouldn't surprise me to see more authors adding code like Thermal Expansion has that prevents its recipes from being overwritten in the future.

Deleted
    Hey there fuzzie!
    Just wanted to suggest you take a look at this: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...istics-rv-6-b/

Looks .... insane. And Awesome :P
    And probably a bit overpowered in some ways, but I just had a feeling I needed to suggest this.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nodachi216 View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me to see more authors adding code like Thermal Expansion has that prevents its recipes from being overwritten in the future.
    That's not a bad idea, although I would rather see the mod authors work together to find a balance. GregTech is an addon pack for existing mods, it both modifies the early game stuff as well as adds it's own content. There is little that it does that cannot be reconfigured.

I know that some of it is configurable but a lot of things have been disabled for other mods such as recipes for forestry bronze etc. that are not configurable.
    You can actually enable the forestry bronze in the configs. There is little I haven't found in the configs that GregTech does that you can't reverse or modify in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by warplord View Post
    Hey there fuzzie!
    Just wanted to suggest you take a look at this: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...istics-rv-6-b/

Looks .... insane. And Awesome :P
    And probably a bit overpowered in some ways, but I just had a feeling I needed to suggest this.
    I have a list of 5 or 6 mods that people want me to look at adding to the list. I'll probably get to them sometime this weekend.

Also, are you still planning on staying on the server?

---

Update!

• Enchanting Plus Updated (Important fixes)

Not a lot else. I'll look later tonight maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodachi216 View Post
    Yeah, that's what I mean. Although for some reason when I start up minecraft that section seems to slow down the startup of minecraft from what I can see in the window in MultiMC. I kind of wish I knew what change Gregtech is trying to do to Thermal Expansion.

Also Fuzzzie thanks for the heads up about the forestry bronze setting. Didn't see that before (i'm going to go enable it right now).
    Last edited by Moonmonk; 2013-02-14 at 06:53 PM.

There is little that it does that cannot be reconfigured.
    What about machine exploding everything connected to them if broken with a pick? I haven't used Gregtech because I'm afraid of everything I hear about it. However, I am curious about it's endgame content. Maybe I'll try it out in creative one night.

Also, Mistaqur posted an update a couple days ago: NEI_plugins 1.0.4.5a
    Quote Originally Posted by Website(can't link)
    Temporary link for NEIPlugins with Forestry 2.x support (from smbarbour).
    Is this the same thing we got from skedone a few pages back? I'm trying it out but I'm new to Forestry to I have no clue what I'm looking for.

What about machine exploding everything connected to them if broken with a pick? I haven't used Gregtech because I'm afraid of everything I hear about it. However, I am curious about it's endgame content. Maybe I'll try it out in creative one night.
    Shouldn't you be using a wrench anyways? Gregtech just reinforces the already existing mechanism in IC2 for that part. Also the ores it adds to the nether make the game much more interesting anyways. (I collected a full chest worth of iron and built 26 advanced solar panels after processing the Pyrite ore I brought back from the nether in one trip but it took me more than a half minecraft week to do the processing)

Also, If you are new to a tech mod it is definitely worth your time watching a tutorial and reading the wiki (I always have wiki's ready when I work with mods even ones I am familiar with)

Don't get me wrong about my complaints about Gregtech, I like tons of stuff from the mod, it is a great mod and adds lots of interesting and unique machines (i.e. industrial centrifuge). Many of the design philosophies of the mod however are a little bit much for me however. Config settings are a must for gregtech and it does have a lot of them (many of which I don't really understand).
    Last edited by Moonmonk; 2013-02-14 at 09:04 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oorenotsoo View Post
    I've been using it quite extensively in multiplayer and haven't had anything blow up that wasn't my fault. Some of the higher tier energy storage units output variable ammounts of EU, so you can kick it up to extreme voltage and blow out just about all your machines if not careful. The Lightning rod for example puts out 16 times the power that a MFSU can handle. you have to use transformers.

I'll take a look at the NEI plugin.

Edit: Seems legit. Link here: http://www.mediafire.com/?ty5hf2i2goggmzn

I'll add it to the list when I go through it again tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been using it quite extensively in multiplayer and haven't had anything blow up that wasn't my fault. Some of the higher tier energy storage units output variable ammounts of EU, so you can kick it up to extreme voltage and blow out just about all your machines if not careful. The Lightning rod for example puts out 16 times the power that a MFSU can handle. you have to use transformers.

I'll take a look at the NEI plugin.

Edit: Seems legit. Link here: http://www.mediafire.com/?ty5hf2i2goggmzn

I'll add it to the list when I go through it again tonight.
    Good to see the NEI Plugin updated. Was starting to think it was abandoned.

Shouldn't you be using a wrench anyways?
    Yes, I always use a wrench (lossless ftw). I thought I read that there were other things that couldn't be changed in the config and I was using that as a possible example. Maybe Gregtech just gets a lot of bad press and that has made me hesitant to try it. I have watched DW20's spotlight and you're right; researching mods is always sound advice.

Thanks for the info guys.

Also, vswe has pushed a couple more Steve's Carts 2 updates.