Thread: Season 13

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Season 13

Why in patch 5.1 are they already talking about season 13 gear when this season just started literally 2 weeks ago? im slightly confused

I was also wondering about this.

Deleted
    i was asking about this in another thread, i dont see why they would show the new season 13 gear already , and include it in the section about 5.1, If anyone has a better understanding please explain.

Because S12 is a joke which has to end fast?

I mean pvp never was this imbalanced...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    Because S12 is a joke which has to end fast?

This.

This season sucks, im almost done with WoW anyway.

So its w.e lol.

5.1 is not introducing any new tier afaik, so they could just be working out the gear for next season. s12 shouldn't be ending before February.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    I literally heard this statement every season, beginning with season 3. Just because you can't press the buttons in the right sequence, that does not make the opposing class OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    I literally heard this statement every season, beginning with season 3. Just because you can't press the buttons in the right sequence, that does not make the opposing class OP.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISqZKaiArN0

I'ma just leave this here..check out the last warrior's burst... yeaaah..totally not op.

Deleted
    You can't be serious. If you are dumb enough to stay like a statue when such a burst is about to come, you deserve all the whinning and qquing. I met teams with 2x warriors, and completely whipped out the floor with them. The only ones that represented a real problem for me so far in the arena, were hunters, and that because of deterence that saved them. Also, my arena mate is a fully pve geared afli warlock that dies almost all the time without providing any real help. Why I still play with him is beyond me

The game is certainly not completely balanced, but not to an extent where an unskilled player could faceroll and still win. Grow up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethox View Post
    You can't be serious. If you are dumb enough to stay like a statue when such a burst is about to come, you deserve all the whinning and qquing. I met teams with 2x warriors, and completely whipped out the floor with them. The only ones that represented a real problem for me so far in the arena, were hunters, and that because of deterence that saved them. Also, my arena mate is a fully pve geared afli warlock that dies almost all the time without providing any real help. Why I still play with him is beyond me

The game is certainly not completely balanced, but not to an extent where an unskilled player could faceroll and still win. Grow up.
    The problem with you is that you have never been high rated. You´re playing in the 1300 rating bracket (I've checked the armory in your signature. I assume its you.).

You have no idea how PvP balance is like when you've never been above 1300 rating.

And damn, it seems you're on my server too. What a shame. Though I knew people from your guild weren't any good in PvP in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISqZKaiArN0

I'ma just leave this here..check out the last warrior's burst... yeaaah..totally not op.
    Do you realize how RARE it is to even get a 5 stack of TFB? In any normal setting you will pretty much NEVER get 5 stacks up. Every class has high burst potential atm, Warriors are pretty much turned into Ret Pallies without the super off-heals. When our CDs are down our damage is pretty lackluster, however we do have a lot of control to offer.

Deleted
    Hi,

whoever thinks every season is just like this one, you have to be FUCKING DELUSIONAL!!

Every specc(!) has some totally fucked up systems and cds. Some guy posted his thoughts on wow forums, and he assumed that PvP balance AND skillbalance is beyond repair, and i think hes right. The only season that comes near this, is s5 and with this i mean only single class balance. The meta game in arenas is completly broken and WAAAAYY worse. Some viable strat for example is to "randomly burst someone down" this coming from 5xr1 player. Fuck the position, enemy cds, team strats etc, if 2 dds are paired, anyone, with at least a simple clue can kill anybody (and to some extent, even 1 player alone). Setting up kills, force cds is almost completly irrelevant, just PVE ROTATION SOMEONE DOWN. 3 players can shutt down any player, regardless of skill in terms of mobility, dmg and ccs.

The most people think its only the dmg and ccs, but is not, the gap closers, slows, defense cds, the way dmg works (lol, u got it shown with shiny effects ..) are almost as fucked up as the rest. In an instant i could list problably 100(!) broken abilities and systems. But if i think about balanced stuff, idk. And dont get me started about synergy and team compositions. Your own play was NEVER this useless, even in Cata (the worst expansion till MoP) it was better and that says a lot.

Dont get me wrong, everything i listed is still needed to gain success, but potentially you can fuck everything up and still win, same goes for losing. I isnt in our hands anymore how well our character is played, the control lies in the class/specc, not the player. We are either to MUCH of control of our dmg/ccs (etc) or to less. There is no "in between". Little things are sooo minor (if they even still in the game). The system of rewards/risk/gameplay is broken as hell.

I would love to meet someone who can change my opinion, but idk, if this is possible with such an bad game (and everything i said is potentially the truth about pve aswell ....).

Edit: I experienced this in ~ 200 arena games via twitch and with a friend who still plays. From 19xx till 26xx
    Last edited by mmoca2cf51ea43; 2012-10-15 at 11:49 AM.

Patch 5.1 wont go live in at least 3-4 months so i wouldnt worry too much about it, the expansion just came out theres no way they will be releasing a big patch sooner than that.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    s12 shouldn't be ending before February.
    It actually should. Shorter seasons mean that rating resets happen faster which means people sitting on glad ratings for less time etc. Shorter seasons are better seasons.

Also, this season is more balanced than both s9 and s5.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Maybe because this season is beyond broken and Blizz wants to end it as fast as possible. Short of redoing every class/talent tree, I'd have to agree that I think pvp in wow is beyond saving. Myself and many if not all of my friends have cancelled our subs until the blatant class imbalance is fixed. I'm just so disappointed with mop, I don't even know what to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoever says this season is balanced i guarantee they playing a FOTM class, and doesnt want it to be nerfed untill they faceroll to glad rating. that is all thats needs to be said.
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bombaday View Post
    Why in patch 5.1 are they already talking about season 13 gear when this season just started literally 2 weeks ago? im slightly confused
    The reason for this is simple. S12 will end at some point during 5.1. It will not end with the RELEASE of 5.1, it will not end soon "because s12 is crap" or anything. It only means that it will happen before 5.2. Could even be as late as the week before 5.2, but I doubt that happens...

Quote Originally Posted by Malic
    Every season some nitwit is complaining about how imbalanced shit is. The funny thing is, I never see it. Maybe that's because I don't sit back and cry about how bad I am, all the while blaming it on mystical imbalances.

Do you want to know the super duper secret of pwndom? Stick to one toon, gear it up, figure it out, get your cast sequence down, battle harden and presto, you'll be dodging those "super op crit warriors" forever.

Quote Originally Posted by omgmewmewcat View Post
    The problem with you is that you have never been high rated. You´re playing in the 1300 rating bracket (I've checked the armory in your signature. I assume its you.).

You have no idea how PvP balance is like when you've never been above 1300 rating.

And damn, it seems you're on my server too. What a shame. Though I knew people from your guild weren't any good in PvP in the first place.
    I always get a kick out of folks who cut down other people instead of their argument. It's even more hilarious when they don't provide their own "credentials". That being said, I'd really like to see your "above 1300" pvp toon. I have a feeling you're going to should me a 1800er. XD

Anyway, regardless of what bracket you're at, these supposed imbalances would present.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko
    -YT Video-

Dear diary,

I tried to face tank a bad ass arms warrior on my squishy and died. Warriors must be OP!11!.

In all seriousness man, in seasons 9 & 10 my Ret pally was doing far larger burst damage (to scale) than that.

Let me break it down for you guys, in case you've been retarded since WC. Melee DPS > Ranged DPS.

Melee DPS will always out burst Ranged, simply because Melee have to get to you before they can even try to hurt you. So, you have to use this to your advantage. Here's an example of why that warrior would totally be countered by a seasoned player:

"Oh my, this warrior has charged me and activated all his CDs! What will I ever do?! Oh yeah, trinket and counter stun."

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guys, And what about improving my season 12 set?
    F.E. What happens if i have improved my armor to 491 lvl?
    With the beginning of the new season, will i still get 476 lv or i will get 484?

Quote Originally Posted by Michamus View Post
    get your cast sequence down

Lol, their may be a cast sequence in the 1100 bracket, but not in any real PvP.

At this seasons start it was without a doubt worse balanced than s5. Class balance is a bit better now, but gear imbalances are what made this season a joke.

PS lol@ 4 month old thread necro