Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I am the one who said riddle of steel is the best use of harmony for any prof, what you guys dont seem to understand is two things:

1. It procs transmute spec.
    2. Ignores daily cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    I am the one who said riddle of steel is the best use of harmony for any prof, what you guys dont seem to understand is two things:

^
    This. Riddle of steel is just awesome

let me say it this way.

Currently, i can buy 50 stacks of ghost iron ore for 4k.
    then i can make it to trillium and sell it for 250g each, so 50 x 250 = 12,5k (+ the extra bars i get as transmute master)

also, that is just a lvl 85 alchemist without spirits of harmony. so with your amount of spirits, you can make a lot of living steel, making even more profit. ofcourse, this depends on the server.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post

Sure it ignores the cooldown, but it takes 3 spirits to make 1 living steel. Where 1 spirit can get you 3 golden lotus that sell for 200g each. 600g for 1 spirit vs your 3 spirits for 1 living steel that barely sells for 900g.

3 Golden Lotus x 3 Spirits of Harmony = 9 Lotus. 9 Lotus x 200g each = 1800g TWICE what 1 Living steel is. And that doesnt even count you buying three Trillium Bars which are like 200g on my server. Its a net loss to make Riddle of Steel

...why not just make one of the new engineering mounts with them?

Surely you can either use that or sell it for something nice.

Living steel. Also gems.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naibil View Post

What new engineering mount?

Quote Originally Posted by Sipep View Post
    Sure it ignores the cooldown, but it takes 3 spirits to make 1 living steel. Where 1 spirit can get you 3 golden lotus that sell for 200g each. 600g for 1 spirit vs your 3 spirits for 1 living steel that barely sells for 900g.
    Way to ignore the main point to suit your argument lol. Its the fact it procs the transmute spec dude, ive already gotten two 5x procs off of riddle of steel, and tons and tons of 2x procs.

Its not only that, but riddle of steel is going to be useful the entire expansion as new recipes become available from BS etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by galook View Post
    What new engineering mount?
    A rocket mount. Very very expensive, akin to the sandstone drake.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Flasks flasks flasks...

Quote Originally Posted by Naibil View Post

I would not recommend this :-D

No one is currently buying the mount(s) simply because how expensive they are to make :-) I made this mistake and made the Gnome one, spamming trade barely gives me any whispers, and if I finally get a whisper, they have no idea how much it costs to make it, I am considering using it for myself now

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is htat there's no interesting or fun use for SoH as Alch. Sure, I can use them as currency for GL but a) I'm not raiding and b) I have 28k gold and don't need more. That last is why the RoS use doesn't excite me. So, yes, you can make money with Alch, but... /yawn. Video game gold. Why?

What do I want? Where's my damn epic Alch trinky?? That's what I want. Give me a couple of things to make with those first dozen or so SoH.
    Last edited by clevin; 2012-10-14 at 11:23 PM.