Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I remember farming turtles back in vanilla WoW in Shimmering Flats when I first started playing for my level 40 mount. Stacks of their vendor drop shells sold for nearly a 1 Gold!

So many turtles.

I see not much has changed 4 expansions later.
    They can dynamite Devil Reef, but that will bring no relief, Y'ha-nthlei is deeper than they know.

Deleted
    Where is this spot? Could somebody link to map please<3?

15+ Year Old Account
    This thing is the best I have farmed EVER in my many years in wow, I have 5 x my initial gold now and counting Aiming for 1 million gold now =)

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerofpope View Post
    Pet battles aren't really for me... I had enough "Pikachu! I choose you" when I was 12.
    You can never have enough pikachu in your life.

B&W 2 just came out! There is no time to stop pikachuing.

Besides, after thinking LOL POKEMON the first maybe five minutes of doing pet battles, now they just seem like pet battles to me. They have some similarities, but srsly it's no pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryonic View Post
    Well I made over 100k only on farming them half a day so probably still pack a punch =)
    Hmmm, you must have a large population of people who need leather. Not much money on leather on my side. Barely worth the trouble to go skin the leathers left from the Klaxxi dailies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vanishx2 View Post
    They are farming motes of harmony btw
    I thought that was fixed a while ago?
    I remember i saw threads about it, being amazing spot for motes of harmony indeed, so ofcourse i went to try, got 0 after 10 min of mass aoeing them.

Less an exploit and more an oversight.

Same thing happened in Cata with bats in Deepholm, took them awhile but ultimately they made them unskinnable.

Deleted
    I could stand an hour of it but the entire day really

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    I doubt that turtle killin' is an 'exploit'. Certainly you cant call fast spawning turtles in valley of 4 winds an exploit.
    The only 'exploit' involving turtles was fixed in beta when they nerfed exp gains on a certain turtle mob that was being farmed for easy exp.

Also, leathers have never really been superb moneymakers on the same scale as herbs and ores, OP, precisely because they're easier to farm up than ores/herbs (you could gather up a bunch of mobs, AoE them down, and get twice as many skins as you would have ores/herbs in the same amount of time).

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 02:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    You can never have enough pikachu in your life.

B&W 2 just came out! There is no time to stop pikachuing.

Besides, after thinking LOL POKEMON the first maybe five minutes of doing pet battles, now they just seem like pet battles to me. They have some similarities, but srsly it's no pokemon.
    Screw Pikachu, I lay waste to the countryside with a lv 100 Magikarp that knows Tackle in Red.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    The big secret is that Blizzard hates turtles, and now made the WoW-players into unwitting accomplices of their scheme to genocide the poor turtles once and for all! O_O

Tonight, Blizz dines on turtle soup! >_<
    /rips off Mike Morhaime's mask
    Oh crap, Shredder owns Blizzard

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    What turtles are you all talking about?

yes i wann know too.

Oh I'm sorry. I had no idea WoW was ruined because of something that is completely unrelated to me. I guess I better go quit now.

All gathering professions are a complete joke though in Mists. Nodes are everywhere, same with herbs, so skinning seems to be no different. They made it easy on purpose it seems. Probably so the AH wouldn't be crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Deleted
    Ruining the -entire- game how exactly?

Gathering has always been an inefficient way to earn gold. I'm glad Blizzard finally went overboard and created an overabundance of gathering nodes.

Leather isn't exactly rare even without this "exploit", so who cares? The limiting factors for leatherworkers are the other materials.

It's going to be nerfed ASAP like worgs and tigers >.<

/looks at title of thread

Do you think it's possible that you've overstated things just a bit???

It's about time leather isn't expensive as hell. People need to milk this as long as they can.