Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Logitech finally comes up with mechanical gaming keyboard, G710+

Realized this was announced few days ago, but didn't notice it until today. Logitech G710+ uses Cherry MX Brown switches and seems to have all the right things thought out without extra bells & whistles.

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/gaming...aming-keyboard
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=Abgjjqvn0UU
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16823126299

Been considering Corsair K90 for a while now, but this one is very tempting. Fewer programmable keys (who needs 18 anyway with multibutton mouse?) makes it easier fit on my desk and every button is mechanical, including numpad and macro keys.
    Last edited by vesseblah; 2012-10-13 at 11:38 AM.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

$150 is way too much IMO. The entire mechanical market is already stupidly overpriced for no justifiable reason, and Logitech seemingly went over that threshold with this one.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    $150 is way too much IMO. The entire mechanical market is already stupidly overpriced for no justifiable reason, and Logitech seemingly went over that threshold with this one.
    I agree with glo. If they lowered the price (and maybe switched to Cherry Reds or Blacks) I might consider replacing my K60 with this, but at $150 there's absolutely no way...
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-10-13 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Cherry basically holding a monopoly on the mechanical market doesn't really help..

Then again, after I went mechanical there's no going back. I seriously hate it when I have to use membrane keyboards at school. Some classrooms have Logitech UltraX boards so it isn't complete hell though.

Wish I could take a TKL board and plug it in but I think external devices are forbidden.
    Last edited by Thes; 2012-10-13 at 02:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is a pretty nice keyboard just off aesthetics. I wont get one based off the price though.

That keyboard looks fucking beautiful, and if I know Logitech, it is probably brilliant to use and sturdy as hell(I have had a G5 that works like new for nearly a decade now). Having said all that... The cost "is too damn high!"

10+ Year Old Account
    i kinda agree on it being overpriced, i paid $154 for my ducky, but it was a custom order, for a standard mass production $150 is too much, $75-95 seems more reasonable

but, as i said to deltrus, logitech is too late to the game, they have pretty much released this after most people have already purchased a mechanical

Accentuated WASD/arrow-keys, orange highlights, no thank you.
    Price isn't that bad, really. Costs less than most keyboards do atm over here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks solid. might get it, depending on what the pricing is in Scandinavia.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    i kinda agree on it being overpriced, i paid $154 for my ducky, but it was a custom order, for a standard mass production $150 is too much, $75-95 seems more reasonable
    I agree; the only way I would consider spending $150 on a mechanical keyboard is if it was backlit(with more than one choice of color+switch) and honestly, my Ducky Shine even looks beautiful just sitting on the desk.
    Last edited by Acquilae; 2012-10-13 at 07:50 PM.
    3930K . RIVE . 2x 7970 . Cosmos II . AX1200 . 3x Dell U2312hm
    Computer Setup / DH / huntard

This is backlit, however.

Deleted
    I can see this replacing my current keyboard if I can grab it on a sale sometime in the future.

Seems alright. Price is too much as previously mentioned. Brown is quiet, compared to other Cherry switches, but they're still noisy.

If I was gonna spend 150 on a mechanical I'd get this:

Last edited by nbm02ss; 2012-10-14 at 01:21 AM.

Deleted
    I'm not sure... as others have pointed out it's a bit steep in price. I'd have to study the keyboard in person before making a proper judgement, but at glance it seems very good. I'm with tetris though; the orange high-lights don't do it for me. At all. Not sure why Logitech went that route.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    This is backlit, however.
    Yeah, when I first saw it on newegg I really could not even tell, but after watching the video you can see.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

LED diodes cost a minuscule amount of money though. Literally increases manufacturing costs by 20-25 cents. However, the amount of money they charge for a premium like that obviously gets inflated.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by Thes View Post
    Cherry basically holding a monopoly on the mechanical market doesn't really help..

Then again, after I went mechanical there's no going back. I seriously hate it when I have to use membrane keyboards at school. Some classrooms have Logitech UltraX boards so it isn't complete hell though.

Wish I could take a TKL board and plug it in but I think external devices are forbidden.
    How I feel too, I absolutely hate, hate, hate using membrane keyboards now. I even take my Das keyboard to work every week (4 days at work, 3 days at home) just to not have to use a regular keyboard. Paid about $105 for it, and worth every single penny.

That being said, $150 for logitech...it IS one of the few recognizable brands with macro keys AND backlights, so if all the keys are mechanical then some will easily be willing to pay. I wouldn't care about macros, so I'd just get a Das or Ducky myself as a secondary.

I'd definitely spend $150 for a good mechanical over any price for a membrane, though.

Deleted
    It has nothing special compared to the competition; there's nothing to justify the price premium. All it has for it is that it's a Logitech, with back-lit and macro keys. Or did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    It has nothing special compared to the competition; there's nothing to justify the price premium. All it has for it is that it's a Logitech, with back-lit and macro keys. Or did I miss something?
    My thoughts on Corsair K90 vs Logitech G710+

K90
    +brushed aluminium looks nice
    +easy to keep clean clean
    -too many useless macro buttons
    -not fully mechanical

G710+
    +fully mechanical
    +logitech has 20+ years of keyboard making experience
    -pricy
    -orange highlights

My wishlist for a keyboard (in no particular order) is:

-backlit
    -palm rest
    -low amount of extra macro buttons, preferably none (dont need with G13)
    -separate media control keys, volume roller is great
    -usb passthrough/hub

Basically Logitech G710+ is only keyboard atm that fills all of those requirements, but wondering if it justifies the price. I've been holding back with mechanical keyboard purchase because my current Logitech G110 works perfectly and spending 120-150€ on a new keyboard when old one still works feels wrong.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.