Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

So warriors are too strong but hunters mages and shadowpriest are OK?

Are you guys serious? I must have a different game version than you all, it's the only explanation.

no, BM hunters and Spriest also need nerfing.
    Gamers are too obsessed with the death of games. Imagine if all that energy was channeled into the LIFE of games.

only stupid people still get raped by mages. burst is so predictable

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by preposterous View Post
    But, but... THEY ARE OP. HIGH DAMAGE AND TONS OF ROOTS. I'M ALSO 1350 RATING IN 2's. This is all I read on MMO-C WoW forums anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by preposterous View Post
    Insane control and insane mobility and the ability to seemingly spam high damage instant cast that used to be like 5 second cast time. lol yeah mages are "fine"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    insane control and insane mobility and the ability to seemingly spam high damage instant cast that used to be like 5 second cast time. Lol yeah mages are "fine"
    hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Edit: Maybe you should watch some high rated arenas ? Then you can see the "insane control and insane mobility" xDDDD
    Last edited by mmoca2cf51ea43; 2012-10-13 at 12:28 PM.

As a shadowpriest, I think our fearing capabilities are insane.

As someone whose faced both shadowpriests and warriors, yes, I so far agree with the title.

Deleted
    Shadow priests are fine except for Psyfiend, damage taken before fear breaks, and their hybird healing capabilities.

BM hunters are pretty ridicoules, yes. It's fixed by reduce some of their cooldown scaling, toning down some burst and fixing some potential bugs. And of course compensate by improving their long run damage.

Mages are fine, except for their stupid mastery design and I'm inclined to say that their absorbs combined with all their other utility/evocation healing can be too strong.

Warriors needs their burst stacking reduced, and shockwave and gag order needs a change.

Really I don't see the problem with Warriors except perhaps Second Wind being broken.

In my view, apart from Shadow Priests who are obviously broken in PvP and require a group to take down, Paladins/Retardins are also equally OP and have been OP since 2007.

Paladins have got the longest stun in the game, a plethora of bubbles, shields, lay on hands, various blessings, and recently even got sprint and shadowstep. And all that notwithstanding the fact that they are wearing plate and have OP healing abilities while doing more DPS than a Rogue.

I really don't see Mages being so OP as Paladins. I can solo Mages but to take down a Loladin I need one more DPS and healer.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Mages are fine, except for their stupid mastery design and I'm inclined to say that their absorbs combined with all their other utility/evocation healing can be too strong.
    Yes, Mastery stacking with Frostbomb can be POTENTIALLY to high, but thats it. If you take a closer look at a bigger picture you will see that the defence is still to low, the dmg is quite easy to avoid, kiting is almost impossible against most melee's and the cc capabilities are hardly better than most classes (read every class except Monks/DKs). Only talking about 3s (why would anyone even talk about something else ??? Oo).

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgive me if I am rude but how come mages always say they are "underpowered" and always have an excuse? The rest of the classes in WoW seem to be on the same page that mages normally need to be nerfed (never happens) but mages always say they need more buffing in their defensive abilities. I saw this a lot last season and the season before as well :-\ It is as if they need to be on par with the most OP class/spec at the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    Forgive me if I am rude but how come mages always say they are "underpowered" and always have an excuse? The rest of the classes in WoW seem to be on the same page that mages normally need to be nerfed (never happens) but mages always say they need more buffing in their defensive abilities. I saw this a lot last season and the season before as well :-\ It is as if they need to be on par with the most OP class/spec at the time.
    Because the defence of Mages was shit through all cata (and mop aswell). If you think Arenastats, gladiator breakdown through all seasons are just "excuses", then we should redefine something. Infact Mages never dominated anything, there repp was only 4th place in S5, that was the highest of ALL SEASONS. If there so broken then why arent there more gladiators ? Dont get me wrong, Mages are totaly imbalanced since Cata (and it seems it just progressess), but not in your way of thinking. For example, the dmg mechanic is lackluster, either you crit someone down .... or not. The defence as a whole is rubbish (the defence of mages in WOTLK/TBC was kiting with manually defence CD's), but the simplifying of those mechanics made it quite easy to lever them for experienced players in an Arena environment. And i played a Mage but a priest/lock/paladin/rogue/shamman aswell, all to decent ratings (~2,3k). So what am I ? Am i a Mage or not ? Oo

Edit: The normal place of the Mage class in an gladiator breakdown is usually 6th or 7th place (by 9 clases total). So that means for you "on the same page" ?

Edit2: Dont get me wrong, i know the nature of statistics, but statistics can be an indication of (the so called) "truth". If there place was 3th or higher, we could talk about.
    Last edited by mmoca2cf51ea43; 2012-10-13 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Shadow priests are fine except for Psyfiend, damage taken before fear breaks, and their hybird healing capabilities.

BM hunters are pretty ridicoules, yes. It's fixed by reduce some of their cooldown scaling, toning down some burst and fixing some potential bugs. And of course compensate by improving their long run damage.

Warriors needs their burst stacking reduced, and shockwave and gag order needs a change.
    The irony in this post. "X Class is fine.....EXCEPT"

Every time I look at the hotfix notes it just makes me wonder if any employee at blizzard has PvP'ed this expansion.

Priests getting buffed? Paladins getting...their bugs fixed? It's like someone proofreading a paper and only seeing that they forgot to cross some T's and dot some I's, when there are a plethora of words misspelled.
    Last edited by Displaysia; 2012-10-13 at 02:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agnaea View Post
    Yes, Mastery stacking with Frostbomb can be POTENTIALLY to high, but thats it. If you take a closer look at a bigger picture you will see that the defence is still to low, the dmg is quite easy to avoid, kiting is almost impossible against most melee's and the cc capabilities are hardly better than most classes (read every class except Monks/DKs). Only talking about 3s (why would anyone even talk about something else ??? Oo).
    How is the damage exactly easy to avoid? Deep Freeze has a relatively low cooldown and they have multiple ways to set up a character to get there.
    Yes, talking about 3s.

From 0:40:00. You can watch the entire fight and the one before. How is their defense low and their damage easy to avoid exactly? The Shadow Priest didn't do much in that burst that got the rogue.
    http://www.twitch.tv/ecliptium/b/335379053

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Really I don't see the problem with Warriors except perhaps Second Wind being broken.

In my view, apart from Shadow Priests who are obviously broken in PvP and require a group to take down, Paladins/Retardins are also equally OP and have been OP since 2007.

Paladins have got the longest stun in the game, a plethora of bubbles, shields, lay on hands, various blessings, and recently even got sprint and shadowstep. And all that notwithstanding the fact that they are wearing plate and have OP healing abilities while doing more DPS than a Rogue.

I really don't see Mages being so OP as Paladins. I can solo Mages but to take down a Loladin I need one more DPS and healer.
    yeah....but most of the time bgs. When the cds are out, they are free picks So maybe a little L2P issue on your side. Especially telling about plate - plate does not mean anything anymore dmg often hits you as magic or is arp reduced. in wotlk through arp gems and cata/panda through talents. Whats good is their offheal and perhaps mobility.

I am more concerned about hunters(especially bg), spriests, mages and warriors(arena).

But i do not really want a nerf. Rather people should gear up more and look what happens. i guess some nerfs are uncessary then. However, a spriest should not fear more than a warlock, this cannot be changed by gear alone.(in fact 4set bonus on pvp gear gives another fear)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    How is the damage exactly easy to avoid? Deep Freeze has a relatively low cooldown and they have multiple ways to set up a character to get there.
    Yes, talking about 3s.

From 0:40:00. You can watch the entire fight and the one before. How is their defense low and their damage easy to avoid exactly? The Shadow Priest didn't do much in that burst that got the rogue.
    Actually i havent seen the video, but i get your point, that there comes times when either mistakes being made or the setup from DF align with cooldowns "down" from the opposing team (note: humans tend to make mistakes regardless of ... everything - arena revolves around mistakes). My point is, even in 20min games you as a mage had only 1-3 situations were this happens (talking about skilled players). Dont get me wrong, i did say that the POTENTIALL burst is to high in these situations, but also, that it is more luck rather than skill that these happens (if these situations would be influenced only from the Mage, than yes, but actually, no)!

And about defense, well, if you get shat on by 2 melee's in a matter of seconds (no warri) than something is off. But to be precisely, Mages lost almost all _manually_ deff CD's (or get them lowered or combined in one ability - talking about Shields here and Slows/Roots). I think its more of a skillcap (if you played a mage from WOTLK to cata, you know what i mean) problem AND balance problem. Blink for example isnt even used for stuns anymore, because of the danger from 2 melees on you. Dont get me wrong, if the stars align from dispell, position, team comp (BIG etc) the Mage is able to kite. But the point is, it is NOT in your hands anymore. Youre bound to "tank" dmg. You simply cant kite against competent players (just like cata) the only option is to burn through all CDs just to live 20 seconds longer, but then what? Dont get me wrong again, i know this issue isnt about mages alone, its about the state of the arena meta game.

Edit: Watched the scenes - the mistakes in these parts were quite glaring (the druid getting feared after the poly, they should have switched before that point or ccd the druid AND spriest, additionally, they go offensiv rather than going deffensive), but mostly it was the comp that decided things IMHO. Essentially you have 3 strong specs against 1 strong and 2 decent ones.
    Last edited by mmoca2cf51ea43; 2012-10-13 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    Yes, talking about 3s.

http://www.twitch.tv/ecliptium/b/335379053
    of the few arena games i played in mists, i noticed that the force is very strong with mages and their ice block. People die so quickly from high burst that this def cd can decide games easily, it was only in low brackets so far cause i had not the time to play higher, but too see this happen at the "top" too is quite interesting. Also the druid somewhere about 9 mins in the video won't die at all even though he got bursted a lot. Did he copy an ice block? In the interface it looks like that, also i saw his hp bar going from 10% to 100% in less than a second all this while he was cced all the time. spriest/mage/druid seems to be a very strong lineup atm

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Paladins/Retardins are also equally OP and have been OP since 2007.

Paladins have got the longest stun in the game.

Are you fucking kidding me?

Rogues have the longest stun in game, 8 seconds actually.
    Also in 2007 was during TBC when Ret paladins were notoriously terrible.

Deleted
    Priests don't seem too strong imo. BM hunters and warriors are a bit insane, though.

Mages will always be a good class. Even with warriors and hunters broken numbers, if you want to play rated BGs, first of all, invite some mages.

Frostbomb-petfreeze combo can be a bit abusive, but as warlock's destruction Chaos Bolt, it's easy to counter, and after that frost mages are more anoying than dangerous, and considering how powerful are healing right now, ignore the frost mage, and be careful with fire and arcane.

About shadowpriests, at the beggining they seemed the most OP of all classes, but with more resilience, imo they are just ok. Ofc, I hate Psyfiend.
    Last edited by Zoros; 2012-10-14 at 06:21 AM.