[A - Arathor - EU] <Retired> Recruiting [6/6 & 4/6 25 Man]

Guild Name: Retired
    Faction: Alliance
    Realm (EU): Arathor
    Realm Type: Normal
    Realm Timezone: Europe
    Battlegroup: Blackout
    Progression: 6/6 Mogu'shan Vaults 4/6 Heart of Fear
    Raid Times: 20:00 to 23:00 Server Time (19:00 to 22:00 GMT)
    Raid Schedule: Thursday, Sunday and Monday
    Openings: We are an open minded lot, we'd not turn away real applications from any class or spec, although at the moment we would more welcome applications from DPS players than from Tanks or Healers. Seems counterintuitive that doesn't it.

A Little More About Us: This is where I sell what I see as the unique strengths of <Retired> to you. We are a mature guild, in pretty much every way you can take that statement, we were formed early in TBC, from the core members of a pre-existing guild, as of the date of writing this we have been around for 5 years, 8 months and 9 days. In all that time we have maintained an almost unbroken raiding schedule, only really pausing to level with the new expansions and for Christmas. And when I say raiding I mean proper raiding. We have always been a 25 man raiding guild, at first of course it wasn't really a choice at the start, then we stuck with it when it was, even when it became no more benficial we stayed 25 man. Why, you may ask? Because not only do I believe that large group co-operation is the real definition of MMORPGs, and the reason they appeal to so many people, but also because we are not willing to dismiss over half of our players simply to make things easier, at least organisationally. So, we're mature in the sense of the length of time we've existed and raided as a guild.
    We are also mature in our outlook, while I will admit I've played with some decent mid and young teenage players (many of whom were far better players than I) I've never played under one. Simply put, younger players are capricious and flighty, guilds they make seemingly flare up and die quickly, we are a guild run by people in their 20s and 30s, stable people who have been playing the game for a long period of time and know what they want from it. It isn't the guild for you if you want constant drama. So in that respect we are also mature, we were here a while ago and we intend to be here a while into the future.
    We are also a guild that is mature in it's membership, we don't let any old perk leecher in, members have the right to see applications from anyone who wishes to join us and draw to the attention of the officers any problems they may have with them. This means we maintain a steady membership, currently standing at around 115 player accounts, around 70% of which are active.

To be more specific about raiding: We are a solidly midtable raiding guild on our server, and that's what we like, although improvement is always nice, we are never going to be chasing firsts, but we always endeavour to be moving forwards, we make progress. We are run sensibly, that means with some assistance from our members we are able to offer a covering of repair costs, and provision of flasks for raids, what we ask in return is a willingness to learn about bosses before they are encountered, time keeping and the ability to bring some food with you to raids. That and maintaining a 2/3rds 60 day raid attendance if you want a prefered raider rank.

In the past we have recruited through word of mouth on our server, with turnover being reasonably low in our raider population but since 25 man raiding has become equal in terms of reward to 10 man, and therefore in most people's eyes, more trouble than it is worth, it has become harder to recruit to fill the slots that become vacant as peoples interest in a new expansion wanes. So here I am, asking that if what you've read about Retired strikes a chord maybe you could visit our forums, retired-guild.org or come chat to me (Clangeddin) or one of our other officers in game - any member of the guild would be able to direct you to us, and see if we are really a good fit to what you are looking for in the game, and perhaps the last guild you'll ever need to join.

Also, Thunderforged gear, get in on the ground floor people!

Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by mmocaaf55f2493; 2013-02-02 at 10:24 PM. Reason: edit because I put the wrong progress in the title