Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    . Questing content is fun and exciting.
    LoL. Thank you sir. You've made my day.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    It is worse and time will bear this out I feel. Depending on what direction they want to take it in I guess. I mean if this was 2 years ago and we replaced MOP with CATACLYSM the same people would be saying the same things they are now. The more things change..
    It's worse in your opinion.

Millions of players who enjoy it though say different and are loving everything coming with 5.1.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    Metacritic is factual data? Wouldn't it be better asking, let's say, those having actually played the game a substantial amount? You do also know the expansion haven't been out more than 3 weeks? It is because of people like you games like World of Warcraft are getting bad ratings. Surely it isn't a 100/100 game, nor would it ever be. A game being 95/100 even should be exceptionally good. Do also remember WoW is actually 8 years old in a couple days. That's A LOT for a game still having 10M (+/-) subscribers. Just think about it. There have never been a game out there whom have had the same influence while also having the lasting power as what WoW has.

What I do not understand is those who criticize World of Warcraft for it's graphics. Most of those playing it love it. It is what made World of Warcraft the game it is. I have to say that I'm often driven away from games with overwhelmingly good graphics after a certain amount of time. I love GW2 graphics, but it was too much at times. I like it simple. I like it clean.

I would guess your mind is set in stone already, making MOP "yet another failed expansion". I'm not an hardcore gamer, nor have I been that since the end of TBC. I doubt I ever will be either. So I'll play the game as it is and enjoy doing it. I have mostly positive words to say about the expansion so far. The only thing that might be negative is purely based upon me not having enough time anymore to actually play the game to it's fullest. Meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    We're not talking about the USER SUBMITTED REVIEWS on metacritic here (which can be ignored), we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.
    Uh IGN and Gamespot are not places where you should take a critic's review seriously. In general critics only give insight on what a game has going for it etc, what might appeal to someone and what wouldn't. One should never look a critic's review and go: "Wow that has a low score and they don't like it? I'll pass on getting that game then!"
    Last edited by Suikoden; 2012-10-13 at 03:57 PM.

LoL. Thank you sir. You've made my day.
    ....A lot of people enjoyed the levelling and questing.

Better flow than other expansions.

It's just their opinion man. Yours isn't law.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Can someone explain to me the point in posting this?

Cuz, that's great. The reviewers are reviewing a game whose full content isn't even out yet.

Great, they're somehow giving it a worse score than Cataclysm.

Do you actually expect it'll change anyone's opinions on the game and prevent them from playing.

If they like WoW, then play. Don't let someone tell you what the fuck to do.

And the people who dislike WoW, that's great, keep doing that. You have your reasoning.

But this thread has LITERALLY no point to it except to cause a Flame War and I have a gut feeling that was your ulterior motive.
    The part i don't get is where the OP is getting the idea IGN or Eurogamer don't like MoP when they gave the game 8/10 scores. While Gamespot hasn't even released there review yet.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Personally I'm enjoying it more than cataclysm. And when 5.1 hits, maybe more than wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's worse in your opinion.

Millions of players who enjoy it though say different and are loving everything coming with 5.1.
    It is worse in your opinion

Millions of players who enjoy it though say different and are loving everything coming with 4.1

The more things change...

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 03:52 PM ----------

....A lot of people enjoyed the levelling and questing.

Better flow than other expansions.

It's just their opinion man. Yours isn't law.
    I don't recall saying it was. You just decided to jump on me like I did. Amusing though.

Just like cataclysm it doesn't matter what they do good or bad, it's always the best. OP your thread was doomed to be flooded the minute you posted it. Blizzard is the luckiest company in the universe. They have so many people so far up their assholes...
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-10-13 at 03:54 PM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

It is worse in your opinion

Millions of players who enjoy it though say different and are loving everything coming with 4.1

The more things change...
    So.

And hold on cuz I remember an outrage with 4.1 cuz it was a re-release of ZG and ZA.

Your'e saying with the new approach they're taking with a content patch, being it with Solo PVE content and Scenarios to make the story flow better, not to mention an entire new PVP zone, is worse than that?

Alright, Atrahasis. Do you want the game to fail or something? Cuz I think no matter how I argue this with you it's simply going to sound like you do.

10+ Year Old Account
    No matter who is reviewing doesn't make it factual. It's all opinionated no matter who is reviewing. All those companies like IGN who review games are just like us, they're not some super video game experts who knows everything about every game. This is what I don't understand people will say "yup this is the worst expansion so far look at metacritic's score". They'll go by someone else's review which again is opinionated not facts, instead of their own judgement. If you're a fan of a game like for example Gears of War and someone comes up to you and says "don't buy that game it's really stupid and boring" and you really liked that game are you going to listen to the person or are you going to get the game because you're a fan of it and you actually like the game? ALL reviewers IGN, Gamespot, Clevvergames, X-play, and even your Metacritic review games on THEIR opinion. There is no game out there that you can say "it's the best game ever made hands down" or "this is by far the worst game ever made" and say it like it's fact because it's not.

In fact most games me and my friend love are hated by most people and end up not getting sequels. So what I'm trying to say is that just because some top notch reviewer says it's bad doesn't mean it's fact it's all based on personal opinion no matter what game it is. The whole point of reviewing a game is basically to show you what the game is like and then at the end they will say THEIR OPINION of the game.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2012-10-13 at 05:03 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Game developpers like Blizzard don't pay magazines to write or publish "end reviews". In many magazines the game reviews fall under advertisement, because they rarely review games (or very few) or have a limit number of games they'll review as main articles (multiple pages etc.)
    And therein lies the proof of why they can't be given full weight.

I always prefer websites like Penny Arcade (though I haven't visited them in a looong time) over magazines that are tied up in the money and politics required by the business side of things. I'm not blaming the game journalists, they're doing their job within the parameters of their job, but I don't feel it's a particularly trustworthy source 100%.

For me i thought mop was gonna be bad
    Boy was i wrong its the best yet

Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    EDIT: We're not talking about the USER SUBMITTED REVIEWS on metacritic here (which can be ignored), we're talking about the actual CRITIC Reviews from respected people like IGN, eurogamer and gamespot.
    yea but the thing is those websites aren't respected

Deleted
    Well i just looked at the lowest review, it's 75/100 and short written text says:

Fun and simple with loads of content to keep us busy. It's artistically brilliant, and its OST is a masterpiece. However it's extremely easy and too simple when it comes to the game mechanics. We still have to wait and see what is yet to come, so there's definitely room for improvement. It could have been better, but it's still special.

That was posted on October the second, before any heroic raids were avaible or pvp gear was obtainable. Despite that what "game mechanics" are expected? The full review isn't avaible so it's hard to tell but there are many improvements being made between every expansion release and they never wanted to recreate the game totally - that's for sure. As mentioned a few post above, i'd wait a little longer before releasing a review that seems only based on the quests. And we all know those regular quests aren't the major part of an mmo over.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Thunder View Post
    yea but the thing is those websites aren't respected
    Only sites I respect for reviews are Gamesradar and Gameinformer.

They're actually logical with their reviews.

HOWEVER.

I did not like the fact Gamesradar reviewed MoP before all 3 raids and the PVP season were out.

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 03:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    Well i just looked at the lowest review, it's 75/100 and short written text says:

Fun and simple with loads of content to keep us busy. It's artistically brilliant, and its OST is a masterpiece. However it's extremely easy and too simple when it comes to the game mechanics. We still have to wait and see what is yet to come, so there's definitely room for improvement. It could have been better, but it's still special.

That was posted on October the second, before any heroic raids were avaible or pvp gear was obtainable. Despite that what "game mechanics" are expected? The full review isn't avaible so it's hard to tell but there are many improvements being made between every expansion release and they never wanted to recreate the game totally - that's for sure. As mentioned a few post above, i'd wait a little longer before releasing a review that seems only based on the quests. And we all know those regular quests aren't the major part of an mmo over.
    That's what I'm saying which ticked me off the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Erh... they are professional game reviewers still, or most are. Obviously professional critics aren't going to as easily give scores as what people on a fan site like this belief their game should get as score.

Seriously, for every single game that we don't give at least 90+ / 100 we get threat mails and e-mails sent by angry fans, no matter how crap the game actually is. A few months ago we received threat mails because a review for a desktop card game we wrote didn't receive close to 100/100 and the person who wrote the letter sounded extremely upset, we even had to call the authorities because he was saying how depressed he was, how shit the world had become and that he might just end his life because magazines don't give honest reviews anymore ... because his card game didn't get a perfect score. *coughs*
    Yeah but even you have to admit Anarchor, it's not professional to review a game whose full content (at initial launch) isn't out yet. Come on.

People were reviewing the game before the raids even hit, not to mention the heroic modes, AND the PVP season.

Deleted
    In my opinion what metacritic thinks of a game holds no value for me, its the same as people linking xfire as source and claiming GW2 is dying, a non reliable source.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but even you have to admit Anarchor, it's not professional to review a game whose full content (at initial launch) isn't out yet. Come on.

People were reviewing the game before the raids even hit, not to mention the heroic modes, AND the PVP season.
    To play devil's advocate, I think it generally goes implicitly understood that any post-launch MMO reviews are there reviewing their launch content, and maybe MoP's approach isn't to those reviewers' tastes. That's fair, and just like Atrahasis, you can't hold a gun to their head to agree with you and me that MoP is the most fun this game's been since Wrath.

Differences are what makes life fun, after all.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes because "professional" critics are always right...

The only difference between a "professional" critic and a random player is that they get paid to give their opinion of the game.

I'm having as much fun in mists as I did in wotlk and vanilla.. Cataclysm was a huge letdown for me. BC was just kinda there imo