Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So your seriously saying that Cataclysm was better than MoP just because it was rated higher on metacritic?

lol
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Jacob6875 <=== Check out my Youtube Channel !!

Well I was having a lot of fun playing mop but I guess I am not anymore and the game sucks and is the worst thing ever and I should go back to Nature resist farming in vanilla.

Deleted
    We didn't know Cata would turn out horrible until we were a ways in, it's too early to tell with MoP.

Deleted

Level 90 Pandaren Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolercaust View Post
    How many people do you think gave a negative review because of a "ZOMG kungfupanda casualcraft" mindset?
    No offence, but more times then not the same people crying on public / non-public forums about wanting everything dumped down in quality, difficulty etc et are the same people who then start complaining about the game being rubbish because there's nothing to do.., not to mention a great deal of them also sprout the "no time" argument.., so you can't really be surprised that the game receive bad review on various sites.

I am wondering how long the game will be around though, it started great with MoP again, but again it took only 1 week until the kids found their way to forums and started crying nerf this, and nerf that because IAMZ ENTITLED HUH, and blizzard caved again.., now I'm waiting for them to go full throttle and turn it into another Catastrophalysme, at which point I'll unsub again and find something else since everything blizzard says is smoke and mirrors

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    We didn't know Cata would turn out horrible until we were a ways in, it's too early to tell with MoP.
    I knew Cata was horrible 2 weeks into it. Come to think of it, it's a gift of mine to become aware really fast when something blows, or at least it blows for the majority of people.

For MoP I think it's actually very nice.

Why is this thread still going?

Quote Originally Posted by thekrik View Post
    I'm not trying to start a war of words here, I'm pointed out factual data we now have regarding the quality of the expansion.
    Factual data? It outsold every expansion except cataclysm, even tho cata is considered the worst expansion to date. You dont have facts, you have opinions. Only one thing can make a game a success or not, sales figures for year 1. Come back when you actually know what the word fact means my friend

Everyone saying metacritic is not factual lol...

It is the best source for an average review from multiple companies, that are allowed into the system after reviewing my administrators.

Each and every review comes from a professional gaming journalist, from a gaming review/journal/magazine.

It is the best place to get a consensual aggregate.

And I would say its pretty accurate, looking at all time scores for most games, Metacritic is probably the best review tool out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Who the fuck cares what these people thing?

Most of those people have hardons for Guild Wars 2 and, if you actually read some of them, fault the game for not being an entirely fucking different game.

MoP has so much content its ridiculous. And if they even add half of the stuff from 5.1 into the game, I am confident in saying that this is already the best expac.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was downvoted by expert critics e.g. IGN, eurogamer etc.

haha almost spilled my cup of coffee from that statement alone
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Critic reviews are pretty much irrelevant in such a complex game. Do you think that the reviewers did heroic 5-mans, raids, or heroic raids?

No, they didn't.

Critic reviews are fucking pointless here.

I'm enjoying MoP better than cata. your argument is invalid.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

The OP is so full of fail I cannot even...

If you want to live your life by what others think of something, that's great. There are plenty of films that have scored billions in the box office that get terrible reviews from movie critics. Who is to say something is bad when so many people are buying the product and seemingly enjoying it?

I'm not going to base my opinion about this expansion based on what 21 other people think. I think this is the best expansion to date. That is not a fact, just like your 21 critic's opinions are NOT fact.
    Last edited by Servasus; 2012-10-13 at 10:35 PM.

It was downvoted by expert critics e.g. IGN, eurogamer etc.
    You think they have manage to play through as much as the content offered? Leveling, Questing, dailys, farming, heroics runs, raiding? No, NADA , maybe exept leveling for few hours and they sat down to make the review. IGN, Gamespot, you think they have the time needed to really play the ''MoP'' to really judge it fairy? No they dont, which makes me wonder, why the hell making a review then. Its not a singleplayer game which you can run it within 4-5 hours and then siting down to write the review. For me MoP is 9/10, Patch 5.1 + will neat 10/10 of the Lore inc, finally a true action.
    | Lenovo Legion5 17ACH6H | i7 8700K @ 4.7 GhZ| ASUS Rog Strix Z370-F GAMING | 32 GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3600MHz | 2 x Acer 27" Predator XB271HU | Fractal Design Meshify C | Master MasterLiquid ML360R WaterCooling | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | Samsung 980 PRO M.2 1Tb | Asus RTX 2070 | EVGA 650W GQ | Steelseries Rival | Logitech G815 | Playstation 5 | Xbox Series X | Nintendo Switch

Deleted
    Hah, metacritic is so awesome what they tell you is 100% facts
    loljk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alba007 View Post
    This has nothing to do about being racist against Chinese. If you load the game from top to bottom with panda bears and Chinese culture around every corner looking at you, it means you are trying to cater to that market. There is nothing wrong with a company trying to cater to a very big market. But everybody does not have to like it.
    No, it means you've decided on an aesthetic baseline to theme the expansion around.

The claims about trying to market to China at the cost of Western subscribers, or that people don't like it BECAUSE it's Chinese, that's all the racism that we're talking about. And yes, those are racist statements. Mists of Pandaria is not "pandering" to Chinese subscribers. Nor is there any real need to; WoW is reasonably popular there even without doing so. These aesthetics are attractive to Western customers as well, as can be seen from the success of Asian film, Kung Fu movies, animated films like Kung Fu Panda, etc.

It's just an art style, and the source they're "borrowing" from heavily in the exact same way that they've plundered Norse mythology during WotLK, or Lovecraftian Cthulhu mythos stuff for the Old Gods, or any of the other sources they use. WoW has always borrowed heavily. The lore and the characters make references to other mythologies and real-world stuff constantly, on purpose. In some, it's deliberate satire, in others, it's homage, in still others, it's just meant for a "hey, that's X, neat" effect.

And this was never an issue, before. Until it was about Chinese mythology/aesthetics. Which is why we're pointing out the racist overtones, which are the only reason to pick THIS expansion as when WoW went off the rails in this regards.

I apologize in advance for the "pandering" pun. It wasn't deliberate when I was writing it but I'm totally leaving it in.

What is annoying is this weird effort by some players trying to deny as if pandas have nothing to do with China and Chinese culture is not all around this expansion, as if the fact that there were Norse gods in a previous expansion somehow makes it so that the existence of overwhelming Chinese theme in this expansion somehow actually non-existent. Totally weird reaction.
    We're not trying to deny it. The conversation is going like this;

"It's all based on Chinese mythology and aesthetics! OMGwharrgarble!"
    "Yeah. So?"
    "But CHINA!"
    "You said that. So what?"
    "They're just trying to make money!"
    "They're a corporation. That's what they do. The same as they've always done. Why is this an issue NOW, when it's no different than before?"
    "CHINA!"
    "Right."

Oh wow, OP is actually serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Metacritic.. I'm sorry who are they?

Really I don't tend take heed of just few self opinionated reviews from some narrow minded pigeons
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    >verdict is in
    >metacritic