Thread: Rogue PvP Specs

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rogue PvP Specs

I recently hit 90 and want to get back into PvP. This is my only character so dont have any previous honor to get some gear so obviously things wont go great, but they are worse than i expected. My current pvp spec (Subtlety) is not living up to my expectations. I cant seem to keep up with people to even use my abilities. So i was wondering how Combat and Assassination does in the PvP world. Any help would be appreciated, or maybe even tips to improve Subtlety.

They're just as bad at the moment.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorad View Post
    I recently hit 90
    not living up to my expectations
    Get some gear.
    Watch how good rogues play (streams are a great way of learning tips and tricks).
    ???.
    Profit.

- Sub is OP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Degradation View Post
    Get some gear.
    Watch how good rogues play (streams are a great way of learning tips and tricks).
    ???.
    Profit.

- Sub is OP
    I agree with your suggestions, but Subtlety is certainly not OP. 8k backstabs on most classes is ridiculous. Shadow Dance burst is very big, but still nowhere close as Frost Mages, BM Hunters, Warriors or...Resto Druids (Check Swifty's video).

I'm currently seeing Ecliptium's stream of last night and how he was suffering a lot in the Arena Pass server. Not learning anything new except what I knew, "survive until Shadow Dance, bomb it and pray"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sendai View Post
    I agree with your suggestions, but Subtlety is certainly not OP. 8k backstabs on most classes is ridiculous. Shadow Dance burst is very big, but still nowhere close as Frost Mages, BM Hunters, Warriors or...Resto Druids (Check Swifty's video).

I'm currently seeing Ecliptium's stream of last night and how he was suffering a lot in the Arena Pass server. Not learning anything new except what I knew, "survive until Shadow Dance, bomb it and pray"
    I'm still not a PVP'er but I am half-glad that Heart of the Wild is taking a hit. There's no reason that in PvE my 461 resto druid needs to land a 470k crit on a target that doesn't have a +damage taken debuff special (aka Raigonn) -- this is pretty repeatable across multiple bosses, and I've ended some bosses in resto over 85k DPS... which I most certainly couldn't sustain for 45+ seconds at 461 as a rogue.

Deleted
    Heart of the Wild is a fun ability, we should have more of those in the game...but this kind of things tend to be too overpowered for PVP.

10+ Year Old Account

Subtlety damage is just as OP as everyone elses. If you blow dance together with shadow blades you will do damage that even brings a warrior to his knees before the stunlock ends.

The thing is, Damage is not what we need. Not what we need at all. What we need is shorter cooldowns, and shiv made undodgable again. Other than that, nothing is really wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Subtlety damage is just as OP as everyone elses. If you blow dance together with shadow blades you will do damage that even brings a warrior to his knees before the stunlock ends.

The thing is, Damage is not what we need. Not what we need at all. What we need is shorter cooldowns, and shiv made undodgable again. Other than that, nothing is really wrong.
    I'd prefer to see Backstab hitting for more than 8k outside Find Weakness.

Ya we can do good damage with dance and SB up but you have to wait another 3min to do it again. Whereas mages can deep every 30sec, and warriors can Dragon roar every 1min. Our damage without cooldowns though is terrible, and needs to be increased, as well as our energy regen which is very slow at the moment. I feel like I'm a turtle with daggers...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vendredii View Post
    Ya we can do good damage with dance and SB up but you have to wait another 3min to do it again. Whereas mages can deep every 30sec, and warriors can Dragon roar every 1min. Our damage without cooldowns though is terrible, and needs to be increased, as well as our energy regen which is very slow at the moment. I feel like I'm a turtle with daggers...
    Most warriors don't spec into dragon roar. And mages are casters, if u train them like a retard they won't do shit to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer to see Backstab hitting for more than 8k outside Find Weakness.
    We wouldn't need that if we had stronger control. And having more control is way more fun than plainly doing more damage S10/11 style.

It also requires more of hawk eye attetion adding to the skill gap between a novice and a veteran. All in all, CC is just better than damage for us.

CC is just better than damage for us.
    With diminishing returns, the main form of CC Rogues have is laughable. And sure we can use blind, smoke bomb, but blind is easily taken off, and smoke bomb is just a move away and you will not be effected thing aside from lasting a very short time.

10+ Year Old Account
    With diminishing returns, the main form of CC Rogues have is laughable. And sure we can use blind, smoke bomb, but blind is easily taken off, and smoke bomb is just a move away and you will not be effected thing aside from lasting a very short time.
    What?

I don't really know what else to say.. blind easly taken off? How? It cannot be dispelled. There is no way out but immunities or a trinket. It's a hella strong CC. Definitely the strongest in it's Diminishing Return school (Fear).

Smoke Bomb move away? Sounds like your PvP experience is very minimal my friend.

Sounds like your PvP experience is very minimal my friend.
    You know what? You are right, it is, i quit wow for about 6 months and just came back recently for MoP

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't meant as an insult. Just pointing out that you might want to do get a little deeper into something before making such posts.

Wasnt taken as an insult, but if memory serves that is what happened every time i used smoke bomb, they just walked out of it with relative ease

10+ Year Old Account
    You stun people inside smokebomb ofcourse.

Deleted
    You stun people inside smokebomb ofcourse.
    But only when they have blown their trinket already (just so he knows).

About control, I do prefer it over damage as well. That's why I really don't see myself playing assassination over subtlety in arenas, even if the damage would be higher (it's not at the moment anyways)

10+ Year Old Account
    Smokebomb is far too powerful of an ability to use only to force a trinket anyway.

Deleted
    Smokebomb is far too powerful of an ability to use only to force a trinket anyway.
    I meant that he should save Smoke Bomb for when he can stun and the opponent can't trinket out.