Deleted

[SOLO] Vigorous VanCleef Vindicator

Good evening everyone !

So I've been trying to get the Vigourous VanCleef Vindicator achievement, one of the two last ones I wasn't able to get during Cataclysm. I'm trying to do it solo and while the whole rest of the dungeon is cake as a destruction warlock, I'm struggling on the Vanessa event. The problem is not even that I can't reach her in time, it's an outright, flat-out bug that's keeping me from succeeding and has foiled all my attempts for now.

I click on the note to start the event as usual, click the four valves to free myself James Bond-style, run to the bottom of the room avoid flames and falling ice and kill the shade Glubtok. And then, i get the message "The nightmare shifts", but nothing happens. Helix doesn't spawn, neither do the spiders and the door remains closed. So I basically get stuck there, without even dying because the nightmare elixir doesn't wear off, and have no choice but to exit the instance and wait 30 minutes for soft reset so that I can give it another try.

I'm at the point where I really get frustrated when this keeps failing for no reason. Any ideas on why this happens? I'm playing with the Voidlord pet and have used soulstones several times but dropped them since I thought they might be interfering somehow. Is it simply tuned in a way it automatically fails when there is only one player?

Any thoughts and advice will be appreciated, thank you in advance!

PS: it could be useful to add that ONCE, on my first try, it all worked as usual but I let one of the worgen on the bridge kill an NPC and thus died/failed.

I think it might be caused by mini-boss resetting as you were far from him and have lower aggro range due to level difference. If you didn't do like this before, try to stand right on top where mini-boss should spawn.

Deleted
    Thanks for the advice, but it didn't change anything, I'm still getting stuck at the same place.

Any other ideas?