Thread: Elegon

Deleted

Elegon

Hi all

I was just wondering if any ele dps here has done Elegon on normal yet and if so, can you recommend what is the best lvl 90 talent to choose for the fight? I would have thought PE because - from what I know - it's a largely AoE fight and that's where PE tends to rule (?).

If PE is the way to go, since I haven't had chance to play much of the beta - and well, not much chance to raid and test different level 90 talents - I've taken EB and stuck with that for now and don't really have a clue what I'm doing with PE. Could someone talk me through the best way to use PE, what skills and rotation etc to get the best dps out of it?

Much appreciated.

Thanks.

Deleted
    Elemental Blast. Helps a lot on the Energy Charges, and they are the most important part of this fight. I also glyphed FET so I could use it 3 times and since it lines up with Ascendance well it will be buffed by pot/trinket.

Ive been running EoE/EB which seems to work just fine, dont know why you think this is a "largely AoE fight" the aoe part of the fight last maybe 5-10 seconds once the platform is back up and you have the buff, I havnt even been glyphing CL for it tbh....as far as PE, afaik EB is usually a dps increase on every normal mode fight atm except maybe Stone Guards and possibly Will not too sure about that though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grundul View Post
    Ive been running EoE/EB which seems to work just fine, dont know why you think this is a "largely AoE fight" the aoe part of the fight last maybe 5-10 seconds once the platform is back up and you have the buff, I havnt even been glyphing CL for it tbh....as far as PE, afaik EB is usually a dps increase on every normal mode fight atm except maybe Stone Guards and possibly Will not too sure about that though.
    I don't know about the numbers, but I've been using PE on Gara'jal purely because of the insane buff we get to haste and crit which gets scaled with the elemental.

Hmm I never thought about that, im usually constantly in the spirit realm and at least on normal my raid kills him so quickly even with FE glyph i would only get maybe a minute duration out of the fire elemental, guess it matters more on the duration of the fight tbh...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grundul View Post
    As I said, it was afaik (but wasn't 100% sure) regarding the "largely AoE fight"; having read up on it further I realise you are correct.

Thanks for the input all; much appreciated