Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Wrathion Quest for Green Fire (questions)

I wont have to raid to get my 'Sealed Tome of the Lost Legion" correct?

If its anything like Sigils of Power, or Sigils of Wisdom that green fire quest can suck my dick.

Now , however, if its a personal Quest that you have to travel throughout the world, without raiding, then i'm completely fine with it.

Green Fire Quest should not require you to raid. It should be just at the difficulty level of the Doomguard or Dreadsteed or Infernal questline was back in vanilla.

If anyone has any information on this, please share it with us.

is it confirmed it's about green fire yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

10+ Year Old Account
    just to point out, this has nothing to do with green fire, and if it did, it should requie a raid to get it, something we in game call group effort, not just handed to u for a bit of solo play.

Is that what thte quest is for? green fire?
    or is that just speculation atm?

its all speculation, someone said green fire and you know the warlock community started to collectively blow their load at the thought. Until we knows what it is, lets not assume people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkamedis View Post
    its all speculation, someone said green fire and you know the warlock community started to collectively blow their load at the thought. Until we knows what it is, lets not assume people.
    Yeah except the warlock community had allready been asked about stuff pertaining the green fire by a Blizz dev on these very forums, so we allready knew something was in the works. But since Xelnath isn't giving a peep about the exact content we will be getting, just some bits and pieces about the process, we are stuck waiting for now like everybody else.

Well, considering a Warlock dev told us all that the coding for green fire was done, and that the old codex of xerath from the beta was related to it, I would think it's a pretty safe assumption. And I would put my money on the questline being soloable, or at least not involve any raiding.
    Last edited by Crack the Sky; 2012-10-14 at 12:16 AM.

It's a bit too early to ask if there's any more info aside from what's already been datamined. The PTR's only been out about a day, and like most PTRs most of the new stuff doesn't work right off the bat, including new quests.

Currently, the Horde intro quests to the new daily area in Krasarang stops after you enter the phased area. I've found a handful of daily quests (two are nonfunctional), none of which progress the plot. If the quest to meet the Black Prince is after the phasing, then it's likely that the quests are currently inaccessible (for Horde at least).

It's also potentially possible that the quest is only available after completing the 5.0 legendary gem, which nobody has yet. However, that's mostly just speculation on my part.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crack the Sky View Post
    Well, considering a Warlock dev told us all that the coding for green fire was done, and that the old codex of xerath from the beta was related to it, I would think it's a pretty safe assumption. And I would put my money on the questline being soloable, or at least not involve any raiding.
    This,

A lot of people tend to not pay attention or are new at being a Warlock, so being that they haven't followed up on it until they made Warlocks more pretty so-to speak, they wouldn't know about green fire plans, they like to post random gibberish across the forums.

Anyway, yeah, its 110% the green fire questline, i'd prefer it not to be pertaining to any type of raid except for BT, because thats the only raid it could possibly relate to.

How cool would it be if we actually had to solo parts of BT as they are now without any scaling or re-tuning, kinda making soloing old content part of an official quest. Just a crazy thought.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can sense Xelnath rolling his eyes from many thousands of miles away.

I would love to see something more than just the green fire (in the end, it will be mostly a destruction cosmetic) i hope for some lore, a faction an (just dreaming) a "sanctuary" for locks like druids or DKs..

10+ Year Old Account
    It's because of the beta version of the Codex of Xerrath (and while it's very likely that this quest will provide green fire, the tooltip for that is still pretty amusingly appropriate).

It is indeed the Green Fire.Couple of months ago they said they will add the green fire through a quest in the future.
    Also this - Quest Item and Spell. Read the spell description.They also share the same name.

It's actually a little more than speculation. Here's a post from Xel that all but spells it out for us:

Quote Originally Posted by Xelnath View Post
    Okay. I think I've come up with something that has never been done in wow before that you guys will like.

Don't assume too heavily - it's still very much wow and you'll still be doing some wow things, but I used the input here to bias where i spent my time.

The future looks bright... green.
    Source: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...enture-Warlock

Who is this xelnath ?

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    just to point out, this has nothing to do with green fire, and if it did, it should requie a raid to get it, something we in game call group effort, not just handed to u for a bit of solo play.

Why should I need 9-24 other people to get a PERSONAL effect change of fire? I don't NEED a team or "Group effort" to get something that only affects the visuals of fire. That is retarded to say the least. If I'm not working on a weapon or something AMAZING that will boost DPS and stats, then I see no reason to need a raid or even 5 man group to complete it.

Believe it or not, just because there are people in the world doesn't mean you should be required to play with them anytime you would like to get something. MMO to me does not mean "Forced Group Play" it just means there are a butt-ton of people online that are in the world around me and I have the CHOICE to play with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    Why should I need 9-24 other people to get a PERSONAL effect change of fire? I don't NEED a team or "Group effort" to get something that only affects the visuals of fire. That is retarded to say the least. If I'm not working on a weapon or something AMAZING that will boost DPS and stats, then I see no reason to need a raid or even 5 man group to complete it.

Believe it or not, just because there are people in the world doesn't mean you should be required to play with them anytime you would like to get something. MMO to me does not mean "Forced Group Play" it just means there are a butt-ton of people online that are in the world around me and I have the CHOICE to play with them.
    Why should they promote your anti-social tendencies? The previous Warlock quests from Vanilla also required a full group. The priest and hunter ones required a raid to even get the item to begin with

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Why should they promote your anti-social tendencies? The previous Warlock quests from Vanilla also required a full group. The priest and hunter ones required a raid to even get the item to begin with
    As i recall the only time you ever needed a group for the quests was the dreadsteed questline. And that was just at the end, during the summoning ritual.

You could very-well complete the Doomguard and Infernal quests alone. Although you will have died many times, it was very much solo'able. Given the only demons back then that were "Immune" to your enslavement were the 62 Elite Felguards in the Tainted Scar that would basically 2 hit you. (they had 62,000 health and hit for 2,000 damage)

The Winterspring demons during the Doomguard questline were enslavable making it easy to kill the other Elite Demons.

So please know your facts before you come onto the Warlock forums. thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    anti-social people are people too.
    is green fire going to be like Challenge gear transmog sets? for groups players only?