Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Gara'jal the Spiritbinder Heroic

Any tips for this guys? We've been at it about 6 hours so far. Most of the time we've 3 healed it (disc priest, resto druid, holy pally) with the resto druid using HotW at the start. We tried for a while 2 healing (disc priest, hpally) and while I think with practice it would work, it seems really RNG with the adds downstairs since people get topped off slower.

Any comments re: 2/3 healing it? Any tips at all for this fight? How often do you send down only 1 DPS for instance? Do you ever send down DPS without healers (can't really see any benefit to this?)?

Thanks

We sent always 3 players down, either a healer and 2 dps or 3 dps one of which being a hybrid to heal up. The hybrid thing is only when no healers can go down due to voodoo dolls or the debuff which is applied after leaving the spirit realm.

We 2 healed it, but it was quite hectic for the healers and slightly rng dependant but we couldn't manage the enrage with 3 healers, or at least we didn't try enough maximizing our dps with 3 (ended our ~5th 3-heal try on wiping to enrage with 30% on boss, tactics could've easily covered 20% more, decided to 2heal after that).

Paladins can use HoP on tanks to prevent tank damage for 10 seconds, pala tanks can bubble as well. Have a cd on tanks preferably all the time.

I can post a video later if you're interested.

We used 3 healers (Resto Druid, Disc Priest and Holy Pally) and managed to beat enrage by ~10 seconds. Our Disc Priest was in full DPS gear so we were essentially 2 1/2 healing.

http://youtu.be/uVgpuv-olkI Damage meters can be seen, but only the dps of the player frapsing is accurate.

3 healed it this afternoon and beat enrage by about 1 second, with everyone DPSing hard at the start, definitely a tight fight and pretty RNG dependent in terms of shadow bolts and voodoo damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    We sent always 3 players down, either a healer and 2 dps or 3 dps one of which being a hybrid to heal up. The hybrid thing is only when no healers can go down due to voodoo dolls or the debuff which is applied after leaving the spirit realm.

We 2 healed it, but it was quite hectic for the healers and slightly rng dependant but we couldn't manage the enrage with 3 healers, or at least we didn't try enough maximizing our dps with 3 (ended our ~5th 3-heal try on wiping to enrage with 30% on boss, tactics could've easily covered 20% more, decided to 2heal after that).

Paladins can use HoP on tanks to prevent tank damage for 10 seconds, pala tanks can bubble as well. Have a cd on tanks preferably all the time.

I can post a video later if you're interested.
    Yes please.
    Ashr

3 healed it, but the enrage is so tight it isn't even funny. We killed it with 1 sec remaining after so many sub 1% wipes on enrage.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashrr View Post
    Yes please.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozxGRnH41Xk

There you go, it's my moonkin point of view.

what about 25 man?
    any tips to mitigate voodoo doll's damage? cd rotation on tanks or stuff like that
    Invasmanì - 13/13 25 Men

Quote Originally Posted by Alzu View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozxGRnH41Xk

There you go, it's my moonkin point of view.
    Ah damn, I thought you were resto for the fight

Nevertheless, thank you. I'll be showing this to my guild. I assume you 2 healed with Hpala and Mistweaver? I see their mana bars.
    Ashr

timing healers and totems so that you can heal up the tank if he gets portet down can be quite helpfull your tank will have a 30% dmg reduce up so the vodoo dools dont do as much for the next 30 seconds

Deleted
    Realistically, how possible is this to 3 heal?

Our DPS isn't amazing but it's got us this far! If we were to 3 heal, what would be the required DPS? We worked it out to around 75k-80k if we were to 2 heal!

Any futher tips on the DPS requirements?

2 healing this fight shouldn't be an issue as long as the healers each go into the phase regularly for the mana regen buff. Also continue healing people past 100% life in the phase as it will stack the dps buff. Oh and rotate the dps going down to maximize dps on the boss with the buff. And get those tanks to think out a proper CD rotation to minimize damage on the voodoo dolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Viskew View Post
    BOP tanks.
    are you sure this work?
    special attacks are magic, aren't them?
    Invasmanì - 13/13 25 Men

Deleted
    By BoPing tanks, don't you technically remove them from combat?

It just means that the vodoo dolls fall on differant targets if i'm correct.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you are 2 man heal it , what I'm wondering is , for example :

First totem is up , healer (A) + 2DPS goes down and Voodoo doll is on healer (B) +tank +dps....Healer (A) leaves the realm and has debuff for 30 seconds.

Are you sending hybrid class next with two DPS'rs ? Cus I dont see any other option really.

I'm leaning more towards 2+1/2 man healing strategy , but it's something I'd like to test honestly.
    Serbian <MYST> , Draenor EU

Quote Originally Posted by Earris View Post
    timing healers and totems so that you can heal up the tank if he gets portet down can be quite helpfull your tank will have a 30% dmg reduce up so the vodoo dools dont do as much for the next 30 seconds
    where is this 30% dmg reduction from?

this is the list of spiritual innervation buff you get in shadow realm with heals
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=117688/...al-innervation
    and none of them has a dmg reduction tooltip
    Invasmanì - 13/13 25 Men

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jairash View Post
    are you sure this work?
    special attacks are magic, aren't them?

It works. The Special Attacks are Shadow Melee Hits

Quote Originally Posted by Serb View Post
    If you are 2 man heal it , what I'm wondering is , for example :

First totem is up , healer (A) + 2DPS goes down and Voodoo doll is on healer (B) +tank +dps....Healer (A) leaves the realm and has debuff for 30 seconds.

Are you sending hybrid class next with two DPS'rs ? Cus I dont see any other option really.

I'm leaning more towards 2+1/2 man healing strategy , but it's something I'd like to test honestly.
    If two healing, you have to have a hybrid or two. We used me to heal people up downstairs as we had only 2 healers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeno344 View Post
    By BoPing tanks, don't you technically remove them from combat?

It just means that the vodoo dolls fall on differant targets if i'm correct.
    HoP means that the boss's hits will be immuned. As voodoo dolls are a fixate on the current tank, it won't reset anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrr View Post
    Ah damn, I thought you were resto for the fight

Nevertheless, thank you. I'll be showing this to my guild. I assume you 2 healed with Hpala and Mistweaver? I see their mana bars.
    Yeah, I'm the 3rd healer for our guild, never healing the fights we 2 heal . But you assumed our healing composition correctly: A holy paladin and a mistweaver monk.