Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    Regardless of it being a "loophole" in the achievement, this isn't going to be something ban-worthy. You aren't getting some serious upper hand over all of the competition, you aren't exploiting broken game mechanics to gain an edge, you aren't botting or wall hacking. If anything blizz should be the ones to get a slap on the wrist for putting in an achievement that can give you some pretty serious eye strain trying to figure out which one is the right one based on tiny differences while they twirl endlessly in circles, not the players.
    Perhaps. Really, they're more likely to just break it, if anything. I just know they can ban for any reason (including things that affect no one else but the player), and personally I'd err on the side of caution.

Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    And what if someone made an addon that used this very command, just in a easier-to-use button-click form?

Basically, with this command you are doing stuff an addon would do, just w/o the addon. It's safe to assume it's legal until blizz decides otherwise (and brakes the command)
    Blizzard generally hands out bans for the following:
    -> Exploiting something that adversely effects:
    1) In game economy. (to a degree. they didn't action JC shufflers, but they would action someone duping items and selling for profit.)
    2) Cutting edge raid progression. (see the LFR exploit)
    3) PVP
    -> Use of:
    1) Bots, 3rd party addons that remove the need for a player to be behind the character.
    2) Repeated, highly offensive language (You typically get three warnings.)

When an addon works against the spirit of the game, like the macro above, or during late WLK there was a "Augmented Reality" for raids, that would paint a boss's attacks to make it very obvious if someone was standing where they shouldn't etc. They don't typically hand out bans for it, but instead change the API to prevent and break that functionality. No one was banned for using that AR mod. Now if you modify game files to make ore, herbs, etc stand out (A player in vanilla wow changed all the endgame herbs to WSG flags, making them easier to spot and click.) that CAN get you actioned. I don't know if it's bannable or just a warning, but it is now against the TOS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't there an addon in BC that basically gave the outline of any instance/raid you were in so you knew exactly where to stand, where to pull a boss or to avoid taking damage that Blizzard banned? I seem to remember it during T5/T6 conent...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerofpope View Post
    Wasn't there an addon in BC that basically gave the outline of any instance/raid you were in so you knew exactly where to stand, where to pull a boss or to avoid taking damage that Blizzard banned? I seem to remember it during T5/T6 conent...
    AVR.

Augmented Virtual Reality.

It got banned and the Addon was broken in 3.3 when it completely trivialized heroic Icecream Citadel.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    AVR.

It got banned and the Addon was broken in 3.3 when it completely trivialized heroic Icecream Citadel.
    And in MoP, Blizzard themselves are doing the circle-drawing ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guildmasta View Post
    I found a trick over at wowhead on how to make the achievement "Attention to Detail" piss easy.

It involves using two commands that creates two 3D-models on your screen, one of the boss and one of your current target so that you can see both without them spinning all over the place.

The commands in question:
    /run frm2 = CreateFrame("PlayerModel");frm2:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT",frm,"BOTTOMLEFT",0,0);frm2:SetHeigh t(600);frm2:SetWidth(300);frm2:SetUnit("target")

Creates a model of the your target when you run the command

/run frm = CreateFrame("PlayerModel");frm:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT",nil,"BOTTOMRIGHT",0,100);frm:SetHeig ht(600);frm:SetWidth(300);frm:RegisterEvent("PLAYER_TARGET_CHANGED");frm:SetScript("OnEven t",function(self,event,...) frm:SetUnit("target") end);

Creates a model of your current target.

Is this considered as exploiting? Would suck being baned for this even tho it seems unlikely as it is commands made available to us ingame without any mods or something like that.

Getting errors when I do it outside the dungeon, targetting myself.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    AVR.

That was it!! I remember certain guilds on my server fell apart after it was banned. Haha. Lazy scrubs.

The thing is, this is all UI commands that can be performed via Macroes. It's not an exploit, it's a feature. What do you think Addons are, except collections of obscure commands?
    I'm not 100% positive this is okay.
    I could also guarentee kicking someone's next cast by using a command available through a macro.
    Doesn't mean it is allowed.

They haven't banned people for actual exploitative macros and addons.