Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Brewmaster on Gara'jal the Spiritbinder Heroic

Hey fellow brewmasters out there...

We have a MAJOR problem on Spiritbinder HC. When ever im tanking the Voodoo Dolls targets take that im linked to take huge dmg. Do anyone know if there at s bug around this? If it doesnt count the dmg absorbed by stagger... Because then Brewmaster is very bad at this encounter...

Anyone got some XP from the Heroic encounter as Brewmaster, and any ideas how to make the dmg less?

My toon:
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%BAus/advanced

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any logs to figure it out or no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Logs would help. Just beat our heads against it for a few hours (DPS just wasn't there) and I outshined our Warrior by a lot with Diffuse Magic.

Actually BrM worked out great cause I could kill a ton of adds before porting back.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

There is some WoL bug regarding absorbs, so it's just showing monks as taking a lot more damage than they actually are. It's similar for warriors, but stagger is a much larger % for monks so it really looks weird on the logs.

You have to subtract the "absorbed" damage listed on wol to get the real dmg taken.

Deleted
    Just had a quick look at the logs, you are taking significantly more damage from Voodoo dolls than the warrior (almost double). Whilst everything seems good, shuffle uptime is high, EB uptime is high, your guard uptime seems to be pretty low, this might have something to do with the bug that is currently being reported, see below:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6864316924

Otherwise someone who is a bit better at analysing logs might be able to pick up on something specific. It might be worth trying and attempt or 2 with no statue down to see if it makes a noticeable difference.

Deleted
    First off the guard bug would make little difference on a heroic fight unless your extremely lucky and your guard stays up for more than a few seconds or extremely unlucky and you pressed guard just as your statue did. That would account for maybe 1 or 2 but the logs you linked are showing that you used guard once under buffs gained but under healing it shows that you used it 14 times and that you didn't use a statue at all... yet if you look under buff gained it shows that you gained the buff from your Ox statue... weird..

If you had glyphed Guard then your Ox statue just doesn't work so there's no point having it out if you've glyphed it, your glyphs didn't show that you had it glyphed.

Anyway... back to the fight, i'm under the impression that monk are the best tanks for this fight, we're going to be doing him in tonights raid and i'm currently planning to reforge out of all hit and expertise, everything and go into pure mastery with gemmig mastery and everything literally just PB, and shuffle when i can. Obviously i haven't been able to test this but this should mean that i will take less damage as well as the others linked with me will take less damage. If this proves to be a good method i'm thinking of having our WW monk change to BM for this fight and gem/ refroge in a similar fashion so that the damage taken by the tanks is as low as possible as from what i can understand, it is a real issue on this fight.

If anyone's tried this and know its a bad idea then please speak up but otherwise i think this might be a good way to tackle this fight as BM.
    Last edited by mmocdb9b77edc4; 2012-10-14 at 12:14 PM.

Deleted
    Thx alor for your inputs. Here is some logs for todays fighting...
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-rndgd3wsgg0rw6or/

Maybe some of you can use it for someting.
    Our best try so far with 2 healer + on smite healer 25% when hitting the enrage timer. So still alot of stuff to be done...

I found that if i used the statue pre pull then i wont help the raid with guard, only if i use it after pulling.

---------- Post added 2012-10-14 at 05:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nurhlag View Post
    Anyway... back to the fight, i'm under the impression that monk are the best tanks for this fight, we're going to be doing him in tonights raid and i'm currently planning to reforge out of all hit and expertise, everything and go into pure mastery with gemmig mastery and everything literally just PB, and shuffle when i can. Obviously i haven't been able to test this but this should mean that i will take less damage as well as the others linked with me will take less damage. If this proves to be a good method i'm thinking of having our WW monk change to BM for this fight and gem/ refroge in a similar fashion so that the damage taken by the tanks is as low as possible as from what i can understand, it is a real issue on this fight.
    I dont think Mastery is the way to go. Since ALL special attacks is Shadow DMG and cant be absorbed. You will take the full hit everytime of you dont dodge or parry them. So im all Agi, 15%exp and 7,5% hit to keep the actvie medigation up at all time.
    Last edited by mmocb3e2ff9959; 2012-10-14 at 03:42 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortuus View Post
    I dont think Mastery is the way to go. Since ALL special attacks is Shadow DMG and cant be absorbed. You will take the full hit everytime of you dont dodge or parry them. So im all Agi, 15%exp and 7,5% hit to keep the actvie medigation up at all time.
    Erm your own log shows that 55% of your damage taken is melee. Only like 10% of your damage taken is from spells.

This is from all your logs btw

Deleted
    I know... But they can be staggered. The rest cant and with all the random dmg coming from spirit realm there is just no way that your Voodoo linked raid membes can survive if you dont dodge or parry these attacks. They will simply die...

Dodge it by far the strongest stat on this fight making Feral Druids the best with 70% dodge...

Stagger is bugged on WoL, hard to tell how much each tank is actually getting hit. On some bosses fight, our monk had 80% more dmg taken than our warrior, but when we saw the "healing taken" tab, both were really close... it is just WoL double displaying (it is adding the "absorb/stagger" as dmg taken and then adding stagger itself again as dmg taken"

But we did this fight just fine with a Monk tank, DKs suck for it tho.

id like to hear some more brm tanks who have done this on heroic, preferably 25m

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I spec changed just for this fight since our DK was getting his face destroyed. We raid with 2 Ret Paladins so each tank got help with coordinating Hand of Sacrifice, Devo Aura (Aura master), and Hand of Protection. The other tank is a Warrior so he was using Safeguard on cool down basically while I tanked too. Ontop of that, we had Resto Druid who was ready to Iron Bark when all other cds were down. If either Ret got voodoo our Holy Paladin would fill in but that rarely happened. I went with Dampen Harm over Diffuse Magic so I woulden't get raped by melees and lead off with that whenever I started to tank. (I went second when the Warrior was down in the Spirit Realm). After Dampen dropped, I'd use Fortfiying Brew - when that dropped the Ret I was communicating with would start his rotation of cool downs, starting with Sac into Aura/Devo whatever it's called and HoP if I took a major spike. Since he voodoo fixates on you, he just does the Shadow attacks while you sit there in a HoP. Pretty important to have this for 20% enrage too so Voodoo Doll targets don't just fall over.

I found it's mainly about working with your raid to provide you with enough flat damage reduction. Stagger is cool but it will never be as good as a Shield for just straight up mitigating damage. Having a Ret to help you out is pretty big and was def the reason we were able to kill Gara'jal. It'd be wise to use HoP at around 15% then follow that up with Smoke Bombs to eliminate the Shadow Bolts on your raid allowing healers to just spam the tank/voodoo targets. If the other tank has the boss at the soft enrage don't forget to use Advert Harm but cancel it asap if the tank dies because he'll kill you really quickly.
    Last edited by Zeoni; 2012-10-23 at 05:55 AM.

Unfortunately I only have 10m Heroic experience, but you are correct in that Agi > Hit = Expertise at soft caps > haste > Crit > Mastery. By far this was the best with regards to minimizing the amount of dmg linked by voodoo and made this encounter close to trivial.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gynshon View Post
    Unfortunately I only have 10m Heroic experience, but you are correct in that Agi > Hit = Expertise at soft caps > haste > Crit > Mastery. By far this was the best with regards to minimizing the amount of dmg linked by voodoo and made this encounter close to trivial.
    We haven't down him yet, did some progress on him last week and i literally ignored expertise and hit and put everything into Mastery, i reforged, enchanted and even gemmed mastery and i got to nearly 16% mastery which means people from voodoo dolls take like no damage.

Don't see why you would hit the expertise or hit soft caps unless you want to squeeze out a bit more dps when your trying to minimize your melee damage taken

Quote Originally Posted by Nurhlag View Post
    We haven't down him yet, did some progress on him last week and i literally ignored expertise and hit and put everything into Mastery, i reforged, enchanted and even gemmed mastery and i got to nearly 16% mastery which means people from voodoo dolls take like no damage.

Don't see why you would hit the expertise or hit soft caps unless you want to squeeze out a bit more dps when your trying to minimize your melee damage taken
    That is the key. You haven't downed him yet. I have twice. We 3 heal it, and beat the enrage by 10-15 secs. Expertise and Hit soft caps, followed by Haste then Crit and finally Mastery. The dmg going out from voodoo dolls isn't that much if you are avoiding them. haste and Crit allows for more Elusive Brew stacks allowing for a higher uptime. Alternate it with Guard. You can dodge/parry his specials, as well as absorb the spiritual grasp and voodoo doll dmg. This also allows you to push out the dps. 3 healing it is a joke as long as tanks can dps well.

Deleted
    That is the key. You haven't downed him yet. I have twice. We 3 heal it, and beat the enrage by 10-15 secs. Expertise and Hit soft caps, followed by Haste then Crit and finally Mastery. The dmg going out from voodoo dolls isn't that much if you are avoiding them. haste and Crit allows for more Elusive Brew stacks allowing for a higher uptime. Alternate it with Guard. You can dodge/parry his specials, as well as absorb the spiritual grasp and voodoo doll dmg. This also allows you to push out the dps. 3 healing it is a joke as long as tanks can dps well.
    Just because you down something doesn't mean you did it the optimal way.

Unless your doing stupid amounts of damage then you won't make a whole lot of difference to you killing it if your dps just aren't good enough, you will take less damage with mastery stacking, you can still maintain a decent amount of haste so your EB uptime isn't effected that much as well as when you do get hit by the melee swings you will take a lot less damage than you would if you didn't have the mastery.

There's a reason why people used monks in a full mastery setup for this boss

We are 5th US, and our DPS is on lock. I did a quick comparison against another Mastery monk on the same fight. They downed it right at enrage and our numbers were comparable to damage taken with myself being slightly ahead because I dodged a ton more and had some solid absorbs. Voodoo doll dmg going out was within 100k of each other and DPS is hard to gauge due to the phase shifting but my DPS blew his out of the water from what we remember from recount.

When we down Will on heroic this week, our logs will be public. Then you can run your own comparisons. I will stick to what I have done, because I tested both all out Mastery and all out haste and the Haste came ahead by far.

Deleted
    We are 5th US, and our DPS is on lock. I did a quick comparison against another Mastery monk on the same fight. They downed it right at enrage and our numbers were comparable to damage taken with myself being slightly ahead because I dodged a ton more and had some solid absorbs. Voodoo doll dmg going out was within 100k of each other and DPS is hard to gauge due to the phase shifting but my DPS blew his out of the water from what we remember from recount.

When we down Will on heroic this week, our logs will be public. Then you can run your own comparisons. I will stick to what I have done, because I tested both all out Mastery and all out haste and the Haste came ahead by far.
    Well please log it yourself on Gara'jal and post it here then we can actually see how much damage your taking as well as how much damage your doing that way you going down into the other realm doesn't screw up if your doing it yourself.

Logged it, but WoL is bugged and cannot upload my logs due to a Java error. Will do it when it is fixed. Our mage logged it but of course due to phasing etc....