Thread: Void Shift

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    Sure thing. The problem with this macro is you didn't specify a target to Void Shift.
    I was pretty sure i had a target when i tried it, problem was that the spells were casted in the wrong order :<
    But i will have to check it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by almosthuman View Post
    I fail to see how that is useful in any pvp or even pve scenario.
    I have used it a lot with my priest when i'm on shadow, and the tank is almost dead, and sometimes in DPS, remenber that there are a lot of attacks that some boss use that only hit Meele range players, in those case it helps

this is the macro I use

#showtooltip
    /stopcasting
    /castsequence reset=358 Void Shift,Desperate Prayer

oh you have to hit it twice...

The original poster is retarded. I rather not even attempt to argue with this 900mmr spriest.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2012-10-14 at 10:59 PM.

It's good for trolling your friends on farm content. Exhibit A:

Priest stands in fire/AOE effect. HP drops dangerously low. Priest casts Void Shift + Leap of Faith, PWS himself and runs away.

Net result = Dead Team mate and many laughs.

It's also very useful on tanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    i think the thing to take into account is that you KNOW that your health is about to plummet, if you're a healer you are probably not under much threat at the time, but if you communicate with your raid/arena team and let them know its going to happen the risk will be ok. in a raid scenario if the other healers know its coming you can shield and renew yourself a druid can hot you and you'll be back to full HP in no time.

even as shadow in arena you can use it both to save yourself AND/OR save the healer/other dps just communicate so the healer knows its coming

Deleted
    Tbh, I do love that spell. It has a risk, but as said above, communicate! VS has saved our tanks a couple of times so far.

about the macro, isnt healthstone on GCD?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    You can still use it on random people in battlegrounds. For example:
    • 3 melees attack you
    • you dip low
    • HELLO THERE MR. RANDOM SHAMAN FROM MY TEAM GIMME YOUR HP
    • those 3 melees automatically swap for him 'cause they all want the killing blow
    • you are full hp and free to run away. double win.
    I've been doing this on more than one occasion. Pretty hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyra View Post
    Tbh, I do love that spell. It has a risk, but as said above, communicate! VS has saved our tanks a couple of times so far.

about the macro, isnt healthstone on GCD?
    No, it isn't. Wouldn't matter anyway, cause DP and VS aren't on the GCD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    You can still use it on random people in battlegrounds. For example:
    • 3 melees attack you
    • you dip low
    • HELLO THERE MR. RANDOM SHAMAN FROM MY TEAM GIMME YOUR HP
    • those 3 melees automatically swap for him 'cause they all want the killing blow
    • you are full hp and free to run away. double win.
    Haha exactly this!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    The good old Divine Intervention, back in the days... So much fun, so many deaths :-D
    God I miss that spell...was so much fun, and jusrt down right hilarious.
    "If you see greedo or solo let them know the war is over..i used jabba for bait to catch the Kracken. Sorry greedo."

"The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed."- Ghostcrawler on warriors

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought i replied here, wonder wtf thread it ended up on.

I've been using void shift a lot in random heroics when an overzealous DPS pulls aggro off an undergeared tank.
    So basically yea, its the DK saver button.

It really surprises me that all these people saying it's useless in pvp haven't bothered to get dispersion out of their spellbooks.

Early content PvE in first week with undergeared healers I've already used it on 2 bosses with oom healers when I've switched last 10% and given up my execute damage to spam heal tank for kill.

Quote Originally Posted by almosthuman View Post
    Do you even play as a priest or you're just a fag doing theorycrafting? Sacrificing yourself is a bad mechanic.

Using that spell in pvp usually equals with a death in a couple of seconds at most.
    Using that spell in pve is extremely risky, not rewarding and has a very low chance to actually be needed/useful in raid fights.

[Infracted]
    Well our Spriest already saved tank's asses couple of times during MSV progression. And I am playing arenas with him, and usually when I get focused, he uses void shift on me, they switch to him and I can heal him up, place BoP or sacrifice on him... Won us couple of game actually...

10+ Year Old Account
    semi OT: also i cant imagine having dispersion without nitro boost

How has nobody mentioned this yet? Write a macro (don't have it in front of me):
    - Case Mind Bender
    - Target Mind Bender
    - Case Void Shift

Yay, I'm at full health! Super-useful for soloing, or if you're getting burst down in PvP, just pop your 1-min pet CD and eat its health %.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KidCanuck View Post
    How has nobody mentioned this yet? Write a macro (don't have it in front of me):
    - Case Mind Bender
    - Target Mind Bender
    - Case Void Shift

Yay, I'm at full health! Super-useful for soloing, or if you're getting burst down in PvP, just pop your 1-min pet CD and eat its health %.
    Because you can't anymore. Blizz changed it, to only work on real players.

It's rather simple. There are DPS out there without the ability to heal themselves effectively on-demand. You can swap totals, then heal yourself back to full, so you both live and everyone wins. Now, would I do that? No. I'm an asshole. I'd rather let the raid wipe and start over than lower my own DPS. Remember, there's no cheering for the guy who saved 10 people and came in last on Recount. Therefore, why bother? They already have masochists who do everything and get no credit. They're called healers.

Can't verify right now, but I'm pretty sure I used it last night and it worked fine.

you can still use it on the fiend just used it today while questing
    Thanks for that awesome signature i4ni

http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/characte...ck/Ravy/simple