Thread: 3 Melee in 10s

10+ Year Old Account

3 Melee in 10s

How bad is 3 melee looking for 10 player raiding? I have seen people stressing to have 1 (or none) but no more than 2. This is for normal mode raids (I don't see the group breaking far into heroics for quite some time and by then the comp may change). Is this doable or are we gimping ourselves too much?
    "Brevity is...wit"

Everything is doable with the right execution. I don't see a problem with 3 melees at all, maybe at Elegon but besides that you should have no problems

10+ Year Old Account
    Not good . We are running a 2 melee 10 man and we can see in most fights melee struggle to keep up even with the worst ranged ... or even the tanks (monk tank damage is off the charts).
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

We did pretty well so far, with 3-4 melees in 10 normal.
    I don't see any problem with such a raidcomp.

15+ Year Old Account
    Our raid is struggling on Elegon with 2-3 melees. Other stuff is doable so far pretty easily. For elegon honestly it seems best if the melee just tunnel if you want them putting out roughly equivalent numbers to ranged, which means you really really gotta trust your remaining ranged DPS to kill the right adds ASAP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for the responses.
    "Brevity is...wit"

You can do it with 3 melees no problem, even Elegon. Here is the link to our normal kill this week.
    Our setup : 2 tanks (prot pally & DK), a rogue, a warrior, and a ret pally. Range = shadowpriest, hunter, and elemental.
    Our rogue did 10.5k dps on him.
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/m71nj...=11224&e=11730
    Last edited by hplaner; 2012-10-14 at 03:03 AM.

Deleted
    doable but a lot harder then having a more range heavy composition.

though could be worse we ran a 5melee heavy alt run in DS normal with 5% debuff and downed everything. was fun though

You'll hurt on some fights, Will and Elgelon specifically.
    On elg normal the protectors don't require that much dps anyways (2 ranged is more than enough to get it down in a timely manner) the biggest factor for melee on this fight is cd usage (pop a cd so they dont have to reset stacks on protector explosion etc.) and their mobility.
    For Will though you'll like have to dedicate 1 or 2 of the melee to adds given that most groups will only be able to afford 1 dps sitting on the boss most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    How bad is 3 melee looking for 10 player raiding? I have seen people stressing to have 1 (or none) but no more than 2. This is for normal mode raids (I don't see the group breaking far into heroics for quite some time and by then the comp may change). Is this doable or are we gimping ourselves too much?
    Every new raid that comes out this pretty much comes up. Melee trouble is a sign of a) bad melee b) bad healers c) bad strategy. It is doable for sure but you need to be honest with your assessment so you can come up with solutions for it.

IF you not going to be Realm First and people in your raid arent brainless morons ther is not proble in 3 melee on 10 men

it's doable, but not great. we have cleared MSV with a feral, monk and enhance shaman.

It will suck on most fights for example stone guards heroic when you have chains, ranged can still run around and change the floor while when you are stuck with a melee you either don't have the dmg buff or the melee won't do dps during the time he runs.
    Is it doable, yes sure, but you maybe won't see progress that fast.

It's terrible really, just such a big disadvantage