Cross-realm Zones

I'm sure it's been said before, it'll be said again, but I need to rant.

Cross-realm zones are probably one of Blizzard's worst ideas ever. Why in the world would they have cross-realm zones share the same nodes? Who's idea was this? How are you supposed to level professions from 0, while sharing maps with multiple other realms? I'm trying to farm adamantite in Nagrand and it's just plain impossible. I flew around the map, got a whopping 14 ore. Same goes for fel iron in HFP. There's one of several fixes that should happen.

1. Be able to turn off cross-realm zones.

2. Don't let cross-realm zones share nodes

3. Get rid of cross-realm zones

4. Greatly reduce the required mats for classic / bc / wrath profession leveling

I actually agree here, currently on my monk I got her to lvl 90, got her Raid ready, even did LFR and got pants, belt, Shoulders, and Fist Weapon, and I wanted to level inscription to enchant my shoulders cause no way in hell im paying 3k for 3 inks and 1 parchment of mats. (Economy is so messed up its not even funny)

So I pick up Herbalism and Inscription cause like I said, economy is messed up, so I go into Elwynn forest and.....I see 5 Paladins, all lvl 90, with simalar names all farming the nodes at the same time, all from the same server too mind you. Yes, I ran into a Cross Realm Bot.

Report the jerk and go to Dun Morogh - Same issue, lvl 90's there farming all the lvl 1 mats. I did end up getting my herbalism leveled...when I hopped on a boat and left for Azuremist and bloodmist isle and ground mounted all the way. Then ran into the same problem when I went to Arathi Highlands and Duskwood.

I get alot of people want to level inscription now as its the go to profession for cash due to the cards, but face it people, as soon as the 30th hits, those cards wont be so good anymore when Terrace of Endless Spring is an option, even in LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with you. I'm constantly outraging if i see a node and then a player from another realm is gathering the node. CRZ is the biggest BS since blizzard introduced the voice chat. Useless and annoying.

Deleted
    Completely agree,can't stand CRZ it's actually stopped me levelling my alts due to not being able to level professions.
    Areas with a usual high population or herbs like plague lands and swamps of sorrow is completely empty,
    Then when you do manage to get to outlands there's about 3-4 people per node, and no I'm not kidding... Ended up unable to progress further due to people from other realms nabbing all nodes.
    Whatever happened to community spirit? I loved the realm I was on, wasn't even low pop but now it's just a nightmare outside pandaria areas

There is nothing wrong with CRZ. To call it a failure for the simple fact that it takes you longer to farm some herbs or ore is totally absurd. The only thing with CRZ is the people who constantly whine because they can't get an herb or some ore, which is a laughable reason to hate CRZ.

I actually enjoy actually seeing more then 1 person in a zone, and you know, grouping with them to do some quests. I know, this whole MMO thing being an MMO is crazy.

Deleted
    You know that thing you get when you create a new character for the first time? Select a realm? Their is zero sense of community with CRZ.
    On a realm already high pop why would I want to see even more out in the wild.
    And no it's not just because herbs / ores why I dislike CRZ , it's because currently their is no way to report a person for griefing, deliberately tapping mobs your close too ,because their on another realm and no way to report that.
    If they had actually worked on CRZ properly before releasing it, all this would of been sorted.
    To release a half finished feature in the hope people will get use to it is just a joke, as is anyone who takes pleasure out of trying to ruin someone's game time.

Sure you can report a player, its called open a ticket. And sense of community? Are you kidding me? How is 1-5 people in a zone (with no CRZ) who you probably don't talk to anyway any different then 6-20 (with CRZ) people in a zone who you probably don't talk to either any better or worse of a community?

I don't know; maybe I just don't abhor change and don't have a poor attitude. I've had nothing but good experiences with CRZ and actually enjoy playing alts a lot more now that there are actually people to play with and chat with in /general. While there are some idiots in CRZ areas there are also idiots in /trade but I don't concentrate on the bad apples and try enjoy the game as a whole. I seem to be in the minorty now-a-days.

CRZ is fine.
    I'm 100% certain everyone who complains about this stuff only started playing in Wrath or later.
    If, for example, you ever experienced TBC and were Nightmare Vine farming in SMV or farming motes/primals on the Elemental Plateau in Nagrad (or in SMV), to name a couple. You would realise it's not so bad now with CRZ.

I kinda wish Blizz would reintroduce crafting pattern drops from specific mobs wich a tiny tiny droprate, like the popular bracer enchant for casters from the Ogres in Blade's Edge, the current playerbase would go insane with anger lol.
    Last edited by Varjo410; 2012-10-19 at 07:02 PM.

Deleted
    Your percentage is way off, played wow before even original ZG got added, back when all the roll backs meant you would reach level 8, server crashes and come back and you've gone down levels. So please don't assume all who dislike CRZ must be new,
    But yes I do agree about the recipe drops, ahh the weeks farming consortium mobs for a recipe...
    I dislike CRZ more because it gives free reign to idiots who like to ruins a persons game time knowing they can't ignore you due to CRZ not allowing for it.
    Once they bring that in maybe ill change my mind

Deleted
    The CRZ was meant to be blizzards brilliant idea to compensate for the large numbers of players trapped on unbalanced or low population servers. It was a fop to say look weve made your server busy again, when they shamefully turn a blind eye to the fact that low population servers often means a much poorer game experience and an inability to sustain any number of raid guilds, which go to make a strong community. Blizzard are too busy enjoying the transfer fees but do nothing..

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a fan of the cross realm zones either. Other than the fun we have in ganking noobs, what purpose does it serve? We've got enough cross realm exposure with dungeons and BGs.

---------- Post added 2012-10-19 at 10:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Your percentage is way off, played wow before even original ZG got added, back when all the roll backs meant you would reach level 8, server crashes and come back and you've gone down levels. So please don't assume all who dislike CRZ must be new,
    But yes I do agree about the recipe drops, ahh the weeks farming consortium mobs for a recipe...
    I dislike CRZ more because it gives free reign to idiots who like to ruins a persons game time knowing they can't ignore you due to CRZ not allowing for it.
    Once they bring that in maybe ill change my mind
    The only time it's fun to ruin a person's game experience is with repeated ganking/camping of noobs.

Deleted
    im all for cross realm but why wont they up the spawn rate of nodes in outland its a total joke as it is now i can fly round for a hour and maybe get 2 or 3