Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sarasun View Post
    Is your fire elemental glyphed? That would help analyzing.

Edit: I guess it doesn't matter much. Look at your try 2. Primal Fire Elemental has a 33.1s uptime. That means you either put it on passive or removed it by redropping searing/magma. You also do that on multiple other attempts (try 15 is another). That would make your DPS vary, but not the initial (15-20s) variation in your burst damage since it was up for that duration.

How do you open fights? Are you always very consistent in the way you do it? Things like using LB before SS and SB in the opening can be quite huge.

I do have the FET Glyph.

33.1S uptime isn't that much of a loss. Since it's normally max up for 36 seconds(with the FET glyph). That shudn't make the difference of 100k dps.
    I sure will use that macro! I thank u for that

My rotation:

Running towards boss: unleash elements > Flame shock > drop Fire Ele Totem

In melee range: stormstrike > ascendance + all CD's > Wolves > stormlash totem

Then I have a full MW so I launch my Lightning bolt first > Storm blast > light bolt (if MW5) > LL etc etc
    Last edited by Butser; 2013-08-23 at 09:44 AM.

Personally I pop Ascendance while running up to boss before my Ele...i can get 1 or 2 melee hits from Asc while running up to it and my Ele doesn't have to waste a second or two moving to the boss when I drop it there.

My intro is:

UE -> FS -> My Macro (Springs, EM, Zerking) -> Asc -> Feral -> SB -> Ele -> LB -> ES -> LL -> and so forth.

My best intro burst was 780k (I think...only held it for a second or two)

Quote Originally Posted by jayinjersey View Post
    Personally I pop Ascendance while running up to boss before my Ele...i can get 1 or 2 melee hits from Asc while running up to it and my Ele doesn't have to waste a second or two moving to the boss when I drop it there.

My intro is:

UE -> FS -> My Macro (Springs, EM, Zerking) -> Asc -> Feral -> SB -> Ele -> LB -> ES -> LL -> and so forth.

My best intro burst was 780k (I think...only held it for a second or two)
    Doesn't that waste the CD reset on SS of Ascendance? The way I see pulls, you should be moving in with the tank, so by the time you UE --> FS, you should already be in melee range. Waiting for a SS to use ascendance probably reduces the first 3-4s burst, but increases overall DPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahugani View Post
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

Depends on if you can face pull the boss or not...on Dormu for instance, I'm right on his ass at the pull.

On Jinrock, our tanks circle round and pull from the other side...so there is usually a few steps while it is running over to them im not in melee, but withing the 30y range of Asc's nature melee.

I have LFR Juju and rentaki, as well as the valor trinket, I don't need the hit or the expertise from the valor/rentaki trinkets, should I use both the lfr ones? Or juju/valor?

AMR says Rentaki and Valor by quite a margin, but I dunno how accurate it is.
    Last edited by Emophia; 2013-08-24 at 08:45 PM.

AFAIK the procs from both of these trinkets are amazing and don't forget, extra hit over the cap is worth about 1 DPS per point, which is about 30-35% of haste's value (In my gear that's 33%).

If the procs are good enough to balance for the stats lost, then the trinkets will be better.

You're gonna hate that answer. I hated that answer for long. Sim it. It's very easy and really the only way you'll ever know. Learning how to sim can very well be done by yourself (SimulationCraft is pretty user-friendly) and you won't regret it.
    PS: If you detect ANY irony or sarcasm in this post AT ALL, please report it to captain.obvious@youdontsay.com

kl, I'll try to see if I can work with it, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavindar View Post
    This macro saved me so many times, it's hard to counter muscle memory after years of it being used. It's good to have it with Magma Totem too

/cast [nopet:Primal Fire Elemental] Magma Totem
    /bow I didn't know you could do this!!!!! (Been enhance since wrath)
    I'M A DRAENEI THIS EXPAC APPARENTLY
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    You know what happened when i started playing in TBC in 2.1 and rolled ret as my first char? Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret , Lol ret You know what i was saying in a few months? Lol hows kara? Then I cleared BT/SW while they followed behind me sniffing my gloriously rosey turds.

Quote Originally Posted by Drknife View Post
    Actually you can only do this since MoP and if you take the Primal Elementalist to turn the elementals into pets
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Deleted
    What crit portion does EB use? Is it spell or melee crit chance? (to see if i can get close to 50% crit chance on it in pvp)
    Thanks.

Elemental Blast will use the spell table for hit/crit etc. + the stormstrike debuff as of 5.4.

Deleted
    Meh too bad, but explains why i didn't crit with it as much as i thought on the PTR.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Drknife View Post
    What gets me is turning off my elementals taunt (say for like Animus) but then I forget to enable my fire eles first ability later in the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    What gets me is turning off my elementals taunt (say for like Animus) but then I forget to enable my fire eles first ability later in the fight.
    They changed it so that the elemental can't taunt off of tanks, can't if remember if it is already on live.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Lavindar View Post
    They changed it so that the elemental can't taunt off of tanks, can't if remember if it is already on live.
    It's not on live atleast.

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't that waste the CD reset on SS of Ascendance? The way I see pulls, you should be moving in with the tank, so by the time you UE --> FS, you should already be in melee range. Waiting for a SS to use ascendance probably reduces the first 3-4s burst, but increases overall DPS.
    I do this as well. I usually wait a full rotation before popping Ascendance. UF > FS > Searing Totem should be at the boss by then > then priority que as normal > second SS > ascendance. This usually means I have my highest amount of AP (I usually wait till around the 115-120k mark) and tanks can hold off my while I stormblast into oblivion. Also makes use of that SS reset.

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    Macro the Primal Elementals Fire thingy to Stormstrike.

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Macro the Primal Elementals Fire thingy to Stormstrike.
    It's a good trick, but no longer needed in two days. (IIRC in one of the PTR patches they made it so it doesn't taunt from tank specced players anymore)

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    still gona need to macro it for fights like dark animus. incase the elementals taunts one of the smaller adds off regular dps
    (assuming 25/heroic mode)

Herald of the Titans Murderdoll's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's a good trick, but no longer needed in two days. (IIRC in one of the PTR patches they made it so it doesn't taunt from tank specced players anymore)
    Does that include non elite mobs such as trash/adds?

I had an issue during Tortos where my Earth Ele would taunt all the bat as well as a few other fights.

Should also make the change for hunters if it hasnt already :X

Quote Originally Posted by Murderdoll View Post
    Does that include non elite mobs such as trash/adds?

I had an issue during Tortos where my Earth Ele would taunt all the bat as well as a few other fights.

Should also make the change for hunters if it hasnt already :X
    I would believe, yes. We'll see.

And yes, the fix wouldn't help for things like HA. However, for Tortos it wouldn't taunt the bats off the tank which is a nice thing.