Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ...
    Thanks guys, gonna build it up and give it a whirl!

Jeric

Deleted
    With 4/4 normal AoC is it worth to glyph fire ele 24/7?

Deleted
    Hey guys,

Got lucky with off-pieces and managed to gear my offspec Enhancement: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...d/Myzrl/simple

I played Enhancement for the last time about 5 years ago. While I'm catching up pretty smoothly, I somehow feel bad about hardcasting LB when I have 1+ MW stacks and no higher priority action to do. I'll get over it .

I prefer learning my class through on-screen notifications, preferably through my own TellMeWhen config. However, for Enhancement it seems like there's so much to keep track of on very short timers, I often catch myself being too late on refreshing searing totem, casting Earth Shock when I have UF up, wrongly prioritizing Stormstrike over UE. I always recognize the mistake when I do it, but are there any other tips to getting more comfortable through addon crutches? Or is it a matter of continuing to practice the spec?

Lastly, what is a general good opener for enhancement? It's probably here somewhere, and I know I should look, but I'm on my mobile now and won't be home until tomorrow evening.

PS: If you don't answer within 3 days I'll go passive agressive on all of you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post
    Because if I want to change something I have to go to game and reforge etc...It was easier when you could go to chardev, set your char the way you wanted sim and then mae it ingame with the best set.

Not to mention it takes hours before battle.net refreshes your character.
    You can import your toon from Bnet and then manually change certain parameters in a separate tab. It's actually pretty logical, doesn't require any coding experience, but it's a bit iffy to get it sorted.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiusmuotoilu View Post
    With 4/4 normal AoC is it worth to glyph fire ele 24/7?
    Not 24/7. Note that the percentage decrease that AoC gives you, is to the CD rate. If you're thinking (like I did) that you'll be able to get down to a 1.5 min CD on your fire ele, to line up with every EM, you won't.

You're still going to want to use the glyph situationally.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    Hey guys,
    I prefer learning my class through on-screen notifications, preferably through my own TellMeWhen config. However, for Enhancement it seems like there's so much to keep track of on very short timers, I often catch myself being too late on refreshing searing totem, casting Earth Shock when I have UF up, wrongly prioritizing Stormstrike over UE. I always recognize the mistake when I do it, but are there any other tips to getting more comfortable through addon crutches? Or is it a matter of continuing to practice the spec?
    I am really a fan of the Hekili addon for helping get used to the rotation. I've learned about by using it. The guy who makes it posts on the forums regularly.

...I prefer learning my class through on-screen notifications, preferably through my own TellMeWhen config. However, for Enhancement it seems like there's so much to keep track of on very short timers, I often catch myself being too late on refreshing searing totem, casting Earth Shock when I have UF up, wrongly prioritizing Stormstrike over UE. I always recognize the mistake when I do it, but are there any other tips to getting more comfortable through addon crutches? Or is it a matter of continuing to practice the spec?
    I have my TMW set up to show if I'm missing either (or both) weapon imbues, when to wind shear (with large flashing icon at the top of my screen, and simultaneous audible), when fire ele is ready, ascendance, etc. Also, if neither fire ele, nor searing totem are active, then it will show searing totem, as a reminder (but when fire ele is down, the ST reminder goes away). As for the forgetting, that's just an issue of practice. The fact that you immediately recognize the mistakes means that you "get it" (meaning the rotation). The issue you're having sounds more like muscle memory. Keep at it. It won't take you long to nail it down.

Lastly, what is a general good opener for enhancement? It's probably here somewhere, and I know I should look, but I'm on my mobile now and won't be home until tomorrow evening.

PS: If you don't answer within 3 days I'll go passive agressive on all of you.
    Ha ha - nice

As for the opener, I know you asked for a general opener, but it's really subjective, to your racial bonuses, glyphs, talent selection, and the boss fight (and trinkets, maybe?). I'll use a different opener, for Garrosh, than I will for Immerseus, and yet another for Protectors. I see many people respond to this type of question by simply listing their (one) opener, as if it's a good answer. Rather than trying to remember just one sequence, try to think in terms of maximizing your CD synergy. For example:

- Fire Ele (unglyphed) lasts 1 minute. When you first summon him, he sits there, until either you're attacked, or you attack the boss. So... try to pop him immediately before you do a damaging attack. If you're at range, try to hit either UE or FS immediately after you summon the fire ele.

- Feral Spirits - same thing as the fire ele, with a shorter duration.

- Stormlash Totem only lasts 10 seconds. I try to only pop this, after I have both the fire ele AND my feral spirits already melee attacking the boss, so that they get max benefit. Consider also that you want to get this off, while you and your guardians are still benefitting from your prepot.

- Bloodlust - With a 45 second duration, and with haste being stupidly awesome for your fire ele, you want to pop BL after your fire ele is already attacking the boss, but also soon enough that BL will expire, before your fire ele does.

- Ascendance - Pop after wolves are engaged in melee, to maximize the damage they do, to the boss.

- Flame Shock - FS can sometimes be the top damage ability, over the course of a boss fight, but it's not critical on the pull, relative to the damage you'll deal with EM + primal fire ele + ascendance + BL, etc. However, if you can, you want to hit FS right after UE, so that the dot benefits from unleash fire.

- Unleash Elements - See above, but also note that you'd really like to get an unleash wind off, inside of both ascendance's 15 second window, AND stormlash totem's 10 second window, to ramp up your haste to stupid levels.

Deleted
    Much appreciated, thank you for the feedback.

I forgot to mention the EM talent. If you're using EM + PE, as your level 60 and 90 talents, then you'll want to pop EM to coincide with either your primal fire ele, or ascendance. Personally, I like to use EM in combo with my fire ele, and I have my fire ele macro'd to also pop EM, if EM is off cooldown. (EM is off the GCD).

Other folks recommend combining with ascendance. I can't say which is better, as I haven't ever tested it.

Deleted
    My (unglyphed) Primal Fire Ele has a 3.7min CD, EM has a 1.5min CD. It's worth holding out to stack every other EM with PE? Glyphed it's on a 1.85min CD, which means I could stack every EM/Wolves/PFE together . If I'm not mistaken this would lead to the same amount of loss of EM uptime, but wouldn't the ability to stack them together every time net higher DPS gains?

- - - Updated - - -

I've been thinking about it a bit more, would this be the optimal course of action in a very general dummy-esque setting of not reacting to the encounter? (no matter how rare that situation is):

Cooldowns in my 544 ilvl situation:
    Feral Spirits: 1.48
    EM: 1.5
    Ascendance: 2.22
    Berserking: 3
    FET: 3.7

Pull
    Every cooldown is used.

2.22 Mark
    Ascendance is back, used in conjunction with Feral Spirits and EM.
    -> Time wasted on EM CD: 0.72
    -> Time wasted on Feral Spirits CD: 0.74

3.72 Mark
    FET is used in conjunction with Berserking, Feral Spirits and EM.
    -> Time wasted on FET CD: 0.02
    -> Time wasted on Feral Spirits CD: 0.02
    -> Time wasted on Berserking CD: 0.72

5.22 Mark
    Ascendance is used in conjunction with EM and Feral Spirits.
    -> Time wasted on Ascendance CD: 0.78
    -> Time wasted on Feral Spirits CD: 0.02

7.44 Mark
    FET is used in conjunction with Ascendance, Berserking, EM an Feral Spirits
    -> Time wasted on EM CD: 0.72
    -> Time wasted on Feral Spirits CD: 0.74
    -> Time wasted on FET CD: 0.02

So in a supposedly 8 minute Patchwerk fight I would lose out on:
    FET - 0.04
    EM - 1.44
    Feral Spirits - 1.50 (1)
    Berserking - 1.44
    Ascendance - 0.78
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2014-07-19 at 11:26 AM.

Hey guys ! It's a stupid question but... if I put 2 dancing steel enchant, will I be able to have 2 proc of 1600 agi (so 3200 agi) or will I have an increased chance to get 1600 agi ?

Thanks

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Hey guys ! It's a stupid question but... if I put 2 dancing steel enchant, will I be able to have 2 proc of 1600 agi (so 3200 agi) or will I have an increased chance to get 1600 agi ?

Thanks
    It can proc twice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    Basically, haste scales FET very well and mastery does nothing for it, Mastery scales everything else better than haste.
    Where do you get this from? While you may have a point saying haste scales FET very well, Im certain mastery scales its damage to extremely high amounts.This is also the reason why with high ilvl and a hc wf AoC you always want to go with Primal Elementalist for the sheerly STUPID amount of dmg the fire elly will be doing. (I've noticed that my fire elemental's auto attack is my most damaging ability on the overwhelming majority of the logs.)

Quote Originally Posted by Mystrome View Post
    It can proc twice.
    Thanks !

Homophobia is so gay.

A raid member suggested I should autocast fire blast and immolate on primal elementalist, but turn off autocasted fire nova. I did not find any data regarding this topic, is it a huge dps increase / decrease? What is the suggested standard?

any idea about what is the best lvl 100 talent for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Bijohx View Post
    any idea about what is the best lvl 100 talent for us?
    From experience Liquid Magma feels like the strongest, and Fusion the weakest. Storm Elemental feels... somewhere inbetween, but its long cooldown is very prohibitive in the current content available (5mans).