Page 1 of 2
LastLast

DoC dps rotation.

I'm still confuse with the doc dps rotation, anyone able too tell me when to use Nature's Swiftness when DoC procs or something ? want the full rotation

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by suxorz1994 View Post
    I'm still confuse with the doc dps rotation, anyone able too tell me when to use Nature's Swiftness when DoC procs or something ? want the full rotation
    '

You might want to specify the spec you're referring to. As for moonkin, you shouldn't' be bothering with DoC, as it's the least potent tier 90 talent currently.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

For Feral:

Haven't tried it yet but I imagine the pull will look something like this:

Cast Healing Touch -> Cat Form -> Prowl -> Savage Roar -> Ravage -> Rake -> Shred until 5 CP -> Nature's Swiftness -> Healing Touch -> Rip -> Rake... And fit TF and Berserk in there somewhere. Will have to do some dummy testing for that later.

Other than that you have to get a feel of how often you can use Healing Touch procs while bleeds are up just to get some nice shreds.

10+ Year Old Account
    You generally want to use Nature's Swiftness(Healing Touch) BEFORE using Tiger's Fury. A perfect rotation will have you using it 1 global before it comes of CD, so you can have the damage buff for the abilities. Thus, your next bleed will have 25% extra damage IN ADDITION to the 30% from Tiger's Fury.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    You generally want to use Nature's Swiftness(Healing Touch) BEFORE using Tiger's Fury. A perfect rotation will have you using it 1 global before it comes of CD, so you can have the damage buff for the abilities. Thus, your next bleed will have 25% extra damage IN ADDITION to the 15% from Tiger's Fury.
    I fixed that for you, but yes, thats generally it, you want to save it for your bleeds, and your ferocious bites.

Deleted
    As feral

Prepull;

• Check buffs up Mark of the Wild
    • Cast a Healing Touch
    • (Optimal) Pop a Virmen's Bite
    • Savage Roar on 0 CPs

Combat actions

• Faerie Fire if not up on the target
    • Savage Roar keep up.
    • Healing Touch if Predatory Swiftness is up and you have 4 combo points on your target
    • Healing Touch if Predatory Swiftness is up and you have 1.5 seconds left on the buff
    • Healing Touch if Nature's Swfitness is up
    • Tiger's Fury only if energy below 35 (So you wont energy cap)
    • Sync Berserk right after Tiger's Fury(It's worth waiting for TF)
    • Ferocius Bite if target below 25% and Rip is up and below 3-4 seconds, no matter how many CPs you have.
    • Thrash if Omen of Clarity is up and Thrash is down or below 3-4 seconds
    • Nature's Swiftness if 5 combo points and Dream of Cenarius and Predatory Swiftness is down.
    • Virmen's Bite if DoC is up TF and optimal agility procs is up, target below 25% health and 5cps on the target followed by Rip.
    • Rip if combo points 5.
    • Shred to extend Rip if it's about to fade.
    • Ferociuse Bite if 5 CPs and Rip has 8 seconds or more durutation.
    • Sync every other Rake with Tiger's Fury and prefferebly DoC.
    • Shred if OoC is up.
    • Thrash if Thrash(DoT) is down and 5CPs on your primary target.
    • Shred to build combo points.

Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    As feral

Prepull;

• Check buffs up Mark of the Wild
    • Cast a Healing Touch
    • (Optimal) Pop a Virmen's Bite
    • Savage Roar on 0 CPs

Combat actions

• Faerie Fire if not up on the target
    • Savage Roar keep up.
    • Healing Touch if Predatory Swiftness is up and you have 4 combo points on your target
    • Healing Touch if Predatory Swiftness is up and you have 1.5 seconds left on the buff
    • Healing Touch if Nature's Swfitness is up
    • Tiger's Fury only if energy below 35 (So you wont energy cap)
    • Sync Berserk right after Tiger's Fury(It's worth waiting for TF)
    • Ferocius Bite if target below 25% and Rip is up and below 3-4 seconds, no matter how many CPs you have.
    • Thrash if Omen of Clarity is up and Thrash is down or below 3-4 seconds
    • Nature's Swiftness if 5 combo points and Dream of Cenarius and Predatory Swiftness is down.
    • Virmen's Bite if DoC is up TF and optimal agility procs is up, target below 25% health and 5cps on the target followed by Rip.
    • Rip if combo points 5.
    • Shred to extend Rip if it's about to fade.
    • Ferociuse Bite if 5 CPs and Rip has 8 seconds or more durutation.
    • Sync every other Rake with Tiger's Fury and prefferebly DoC.
    • Shred if OoC is up.
    • Thrash if Thrash(DoT) is down and 5CPs on your primary target.
    • Shred to build combo points.

But no pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    But no pressure.
    Hahahahahahaha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    But no pressure.
    nono not at all

Deleted
    So cat is back to...

Edit: Image removed.
    Last edited by Sunfyre; 2012-12-15 at 01:59 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    nono not at all
    Just a question, is it possible to keep up a DoC 5 point rip without sometimes having to hard cast a HT, or is that a dps loss?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by razorback07 View Post
    Just a question, is it possible to keep up a DoC 5 point rip without sometimes having to hard cast a HT, or is that a dps loss?
    Rip uptime is not always the bigest dps increase if we look at simulationcraft i believe that the uptime should be around 85-92% theorycrafters if i am not wrong stated that higher uptime then that is a dps lost that is why we keep the rule with FB if rip has higer duration then 8 seconds. Hardcasting sure you get more DoC uptime but you lose way more then you gain.

[QUOTE=Crysthalica;18758199]So cat is back to...

I'd say its more complicated now but that's great. Regardless of wherever Feral ends up on the DPS charts I think it would be better if DoC were somewhere between its current value and its original value, and Blizzard had nerfed caster weapons for HotW rather than the coefficient. I think the payoff for perfectly executing the DoC rotation should be a little higher and I'm not a fan of weapon swaps.
    Last edited by Sunfyre; 2012-12-15 at 01:59 AM.

Deleted
    Main thing pissing me off is that for some reason, my character likes to miss it's special attacks twice in a row when DoC is up...just to piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by Kejinx View Post
    Main thing pissing me off is that for some reason, my character likes to miss it's special attacks twice in a row when DoC is up...just to piss me off.
    That's why it is a MUST for a druid be hit capped. We all know missing finishers/that hard boomnukes really hurts to our DPS.

I've been using DoC as feral and as some told ya already, the best thing you wanna do is use it the moment before you wanna reapply RIP, as it gets the 25% damage increase, and try refreshing rake just after that (but skip this if rake has more than 3 secs left), it will increase your DPS. If you have TF available also pop it b4 applying RIP but AFTER DoC so you can use the buff for both RIP and the rake again.

When you are bursting with berserk always cast the instant HT for the RIP...but i've found it a DPS loss to cast the heal for ferocious bites as you lose a precious global cd which during berserk could be used in shred spamming. But in any other situation try using it for the finishers most of the times.

Don't just heal after you use a finisher, try not to use it either when you have 3 combo points. You may not crit and lose the buff. The best choice it at 4 CP then rake+ rip, or either 5 CP then RIP + rake.

Deleted
    I tried finding information about DoC and I've seen the list of "prioritys" on the main Cat guide thread so dont bother linking that please .
    Sorry if this information is out there but I honestly have been trying to find it without succeeding.

My question is this: When playing DoC spec are you supposed to have the "Dream of Cenarius" buff for every rip/rake if you want to maximize the spec?

I haven't been playing DoC spec at all and I still have a couple of high ranks on WoL, for example the first week of HoF I was nr 5 Feral druid on World of Logs on Garalon and pretty high on two other fights. So I'm doing pretty well BUT I wanted to try DoC out and see if I can learn it.
    As I said I have read the list in the Art of Kitten guide about the rotation but with the testing I've done I haven't gotten the hang of it at least not yet.
    I'm really new at this so I might be totally wrong but is this example someone you wanna do or is it completely wrong?

Cast healing Touch
    Go Cat
    Cast Savage Roar 0 CP
    Wild Charge in and do FF while in the air
    Put Rake up (With the +dmg from your Pre-combat Healing Touch)
    Shred for CP
    This is where I'm really lost, at this point I have NO Rip up and my Savage Roar running out, should I wait for ~90 energy (to make it quicker to build CP after using a finisher) and do a Rip, followed by a 0 Savage Roar OR should I wait with putting Rip on boss (Sounds ridiculous) and go for a refresh of Savage Roar first and then quickly spam my way up to 4/5 CP and put up Rip & Rake both buffed?

I know the first 3 lines of that example rotation I just gave you are correct but other then that I'm lost, maybe both my alternatives are wrong, if so what is the correct one?

Summary
    Are you supposed to have all Rips & Rakes buffed by Dream of Cenarius or is that impossible?
    Is my example rotation totally retarded or is that somewhat close to how you wanna do it? If not please give me an correct example
    Other tips in general are very much appreciated.

Edit: Also if you have any great tracking addons that would be awesome, had some issues when I tried to configure WeakAuras to notice my DoC buffs due to them having the same name. When I tried to enter the spellID instead of the name it didn't show any of the buffs. If anyone is using WeakAuras or any other addon like it please post or send me a PM with that string .

Thank you in advance
    Taroonkazom
    Last edited by mmocaea66b30fd; 2012-12-13 at 04:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    From my experience...

Quote Originally Posted by taroonkazom View Post
    Cast healing Touch
    Go Cat
    (Note: use pre-pot!! +4000 agi for 25 secs ^^ - Virmen's Bite)
    Cast Savage Roar 0 CP
    Wild Charge in and do FF while in the air
    Put Rake up (With the +dmg from your Pre-combat Healing Touch)
    Shred for CP
    This is where I'm really lost, at this point I have NO Rip up and my Savage Roar running out, should I wait for ~90 energy (to make it quicker to build CP after using a finisher) and do a Rip, followed by a 0 Savage Roar OR should I wait with putting Rip on boss (Sounds ridiculous) and go for a refresh of Savage Roar first and then quickly spam my way up to 4/5 CP and put up Rip & Rake both buffed?
    i would say at this point you have 5 CP (Combo Points) and some time left on SR (Savage Roar):

.Nature's Swiftness+Healing touch on yourself
    .Pop tiger's fury followed by the rest of your cooldowns
    .Rip
    .Rake(overwrite old one so you can sync it with tiger's fury)
    . get 5 CP refresh SR
    . ...

this is your starter,

Having all of your bleeds buffed is probably not possible, you can try, but you would lose more than you gain probably.
    The thing is to plan so that most can be!

That being said probably most of your Rakes will always be buffed since you will have 5CP finnisher give you:

1.(PS)PredatorySwiftness+HT(Doc goes up)+(Tiger Fury if its off CD)+Rake

2.Optional you might try to reach for the stars and try to get 4 CP in 7 secs (PS up time) and (PS)PredatorySwiftness+HT(Doc goes up)+(Tiger Fury if its off CD)+Rake+Rip
    if you can do this then Sir, you are a Winner!!

Addons: i use DroodFocus to track druid stuff and NeedToKnow to track PS, DoC (the one that matters not the healing buff) and trinkets/enchants buffs, really easy to use/config

my 2 cents
    cheers
    Last edited by guxa; 2012-12-14 at 11:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    john fucking madden is right. with DoC the only thing is I dont feel like I have that on demand damage i have to wait a global or 2 to get myself in my groove, oh jk gotta target switch jk gotta run out of shit. I think we have the hardest rotation in the game right now. should add a few more stuff to that

that looks about right?

While cute, this graphic does not need to show up on every thread involving feral DPS or rotation. Infracted for spam.
    Last edited by Sunfyre; 2012-12-15 at 01:58 AM.

just made my Day :-D

Needs Thrash in the trash part and the john madden part and it's good.