Jab + expel harm marco help

I want to add expel harm and jab together and i think it will work because expel harm has a cooldown.

im a brewmaster , so when i get low i can forget about jab and use expel harm.

Also i would like to know if keg smash could be added into the mix. I doubt this though

It would go like this

keg smash
    expel harm
    jab

I dont know too much about macros but i assume its like a priority system when things have a cooldown.

Making single buttons that do multiple abilities so you can "forget about" abilities is intentionally discouraged. There things in how macros work specifically designed to prevent you from doing the things you're wanting to do.

Play the game.

Doesn't work.
    Bind your spells and use them when they should be.

somthink like this but you not be able to spam expel harm when your hp drops low and macros like this allways bug out for me
    #showtooltip
    /castsequence reset=15 Expel Harm, jab, jab, jab, jab, jab
    Last edited by shappo; 2012-10-18 at 09:31 PM.

As the others as said, there's no sort of cooldown conditional branches for abilities in macros.

You are able to bind 2 abilities to the same macro using modifiers, though.

/cast [mod:shift] Expel Harm; Jab

This will cast Expel Harm if you're holding shift, otherwise it will cast jab.

Quote Originally Posted by shappo View Post
    somthink like this but you not be able to spam expel harm when your hp drops low and macros like this allways bug out for me
    #showtooltip
    This is a bad idea because it will only cast Expel Harm, then jab Jab 5 times (or 15 seconds of not pressing the button). After casting 5 jabs, it will recycle back to Expel Harm. The problem is if Expel Harm isn't back up when it cycles back, it won't go back to jab until Expel Harm is actually used.
    Last edited by JRule; 2012-10-18 at 09:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    Making single buttons that do multiple abilities so you can "forget about" abilities is intentionally discouraged. There things in how macros work specifically designed to prevent you from doing the things you're wanting to do.

Play the game.
    well, i doubted keg smash would work anyway. Also im not forgetting about expel harm/jab, im simply trying to save a keybind. Im going to be using expel harm at 0.1%-34.9% instead of jab 100% of the time regardless of anything else. this means that even without the macro ill be "forgetting" jab. The only way i could see this having an advantage would be automatically casting expel harm every 15s when above 35%. :/

Quote Originally Posted by shappo View Post
    somthink like this but you not be able to spam expel harm when your hp drops low and macros like this
    #showtooltip
    Won't work. /castsequence reset=15 would reset 15 seconds after the LAST time you hit the button, not 15 seconds after the first time you hit it. As long as you hit the button again within 15 seconds of the last press, it'll never actually reset to the first skill until you run out of Jabs in your list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you want to tie Expel Harm over with Jab?

You use it in lieu of jab when you need health. If you use it whenever it's up, you might not have it for when you do need it.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by JRule View Post
    As the others as said, there's no sort of cooldown conditional branches for abilities in macros.

You are able to bind 2 abilities to the same macro using modifiers, though.

/cast [mod:shift] Expel Harm; Jab

This will cast Expel Harm if you're holding shift, otherwise it will cast jab.
    As a left handed player with my keypad being used for movement / keybinds this is useless to me...

15+ Year Old Account
    Expel Harm is not a move that you want to use "on cooldown", as it were, due to the fact that if you mindlessly hit it when you're at full HP then not only do you waste your heal, it will also do zero damage.

Expel Harm's damage done is entirely tied to its EFFECTIVE healing on you
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    I think this simple macro might work, but I didn't test it :

/cast Expel Harm
    /cast Jab

Edit : nevermind, that kind of macro doesn't seem to work anymore.
    Last edited by mmocd7128da300; 2012-10-18 at 11:01 PM.