Deleted

Can my computer handle planetside 2 fine?

16GB ram, AMD phenom(TM) II X4 965 procssor 3.40 ghz AMD radeon HD 6800 series 1024MB, Would be awesome if u could tell me if i can run it fine on medium or whatever
    Last edited by mmoc39f78ccd49; 2012-10-14 at 12:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Current Minimum System Requirements
    Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 or higher / AMD Phenom II X2 or higher
    Memory: 4 GB RAM
    Hard Drive: 15 GB free
    Video Memory: 256 MB RAM
    Video Card: nVidia GeForce 8600 series or higher / AMD or ATI 4850 series or higher
    Sound Card: DirectX compatible

Current Recommended System
    Processor: Intel i5 processor or higher / AMD Phenom II X6 or higher
    Memory: 8 GB RAM
    Hard Drive: 15 GB free
    Video Memory: 1,024 MB RAM
    Video Card: nVidia GeForce 500 series or higher / AMD HD 6870 or higher
    Sound Card: DirectX compatible
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    so i can run it on Minimum/medium fine without lag, or what?

With that spec you should be able to run any game on ultra.I know i do with that same cpu and gtx590.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    With that spec you should be able to run any game on ultra.I know i do with that same cpu and gtx590.
    really?, alright

Planetside 2 is extremely CPU hungry, and yours is lacking a bit. You should be able to run it smoothly on medium ish, but don't expect playable FPS at higher settings. I barely get by in the beta with my i5-2500 / GTX 560 TI.

Also, the poster above you is just giving you misinformation. His 590 is roughly 4x as powerful as your current GPU.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Upgrade your CPU and GPU and it should run fine on high settings. Your current setup will run smoothly on medium.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Planetside 2 is extremely CPU hungry, and yours is lacking a bit. You should be able to run it smoothly on medium ish, but don't expect playable FPS at higher settings. I barely get by in the beta with my i5-2500 / GTX 560 TI.

Also, the poster above you is just giving you misinformation. His 590 is roughly 4x as powerful as your current GPU.
    4x times not likely but it is far better
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Deleted
    smoothly on medium is fine so i can play it and do everything without issues, well awesome . ty guys.

Quote Originally Posted by chaosjones View Post
    Upgrade your CPU and GPU and it should run fine on high settings. Your current setup will run smoothly on medium.

4x times not likely but it is far better
    Depends how well the game scales. 3x is more realistic I suppose, I was just throwing the number out there.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/516?vs=539
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Depends how well the game scales. 3x is more realistic I suppose, I was just throwing the number out there.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/516?vs=539
    Sorry for going off-topic but in that comparrison you are using the weakest of the 6800 series. he wrote he had the 6800 series not that he had 6850.

if he were using the 6870 http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/516?vs=540 then its only about twice as good.

None the less we both agree that it is far better.

edit: He could also be using a factory overclocked version reducing the x times even more
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Deleted
    Planetside 2 sucks dont waste your time...

Graphics: 10/10
    Gameplay and Feel: 1/10

Cant believe i payed to get into beta for it, it just looked so good, but if you want a similar game you can play Tribes: Ascend for free, it looks nice also and is alot more fun

After HOURS of gameplay i have seen maybe 20 enemys total Planetside, and when i do see enemys i lose the kill someone else or cant hit with my gun.
    And before you say i suck at the game no i dont i have played FPS games for 15 years and i play on the most populated server.

my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by niker99 View Post
    16GB ram, AMD phenom(TM) II X4 965 procssor 3.40 ghz AMD radeon HD 6800 series 1024MB, Would be awesome if u could tell me if i can run it fine on medium or whatever
    I have a Phenom II 955 OC 3.7Ghz and a HD 4890...
    I can play at medium setting if i wish, but the problem is the bad optimization, you need a hell of a cpu to handle everything inside mayor battles...
    HD 6850 is more than enough to play at medium settings, but if you really like this game go for i5/i7 oc and gtx 660ti, since this game was dessing to run better over nvidia driver and the OP power that intel has over amd cpus is needed (you don´t need intel for other games, but for this particular title YOU DO)... The game will run better after every update they throw, they know the problems we all have running this game, in essence only harcore top-end mounsters pc can handle 45+ fps on mayor battles, and we need that kind of fps since is a first person shooter, 20-30 is not enough...
    You may try fix setting to improve performance (shadow= 0 and render distance=1000) but we all know this game need more pulish work, would be fantastic if the game actually make use of more than 2 cores, that probably fix any problem what so ever....Well spend more money for the extra 50% on frames if you love this game, that´s my opinion

I have a Phenom II 955 OC 3.7Ghz and a HD 4890...
    I can play at medium setting if i wish, but the problem is the bad optimization, you need a hell of a cpu to handle everything inside mayor battles...
    HD 6850 is more than enough to play at medium settings, but if you really like this game go for i5/i7 oc and gtx 660ti, since this game was dessing to run better over nvidia driver and the OP power that intel has over amd cpus is needed (you don´t need intel for other games, but for this particular title YOU DO)... The game will run better after every update they throw, they know the problems we all have running this game, in essence only harcore top-end mounsters pc can handle 45+ fps on mayor battles, and we need that kind of fps since is a first person shooter, 20-30 is not enough...
    You may try fix setting to improve performance (shadow= 0 and render distance=1000) but we all know this game need more pulish work, would be fantastic if the game actually make use of more than 2 cores, that probably fix any problem what so ever....Well spend more money for the extra 50% on frames if you love this game, that´s my opinion
    PD: GTX 590 = GTX 580SLI = HD 6990 = HD 6970 crossfire = 3xHD6850 crossfire...Hope this answer the problem about performance, and yhea we know gtx 580 is a little faster than HD 6970... and if you have a Phenom II you won´t see more than double fps in cpu demanding games since that´s the way games work, some are more bound to cpu and some more bound to gpu. paz
    Last edited by G0DLIKE911; 2013-02-03 at 06:13 AM.