Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

the witcher 2 or darksiders 2 or any other games on origin worth buying?

so i have a 30$ giftcard to origin, and im browsing through the games and im not particularly wowwed by any game in particular. i did think darksiders looked really cool before it came out, but the gameplay look average i guess. ive heard witcher 2 is great, so i was going to get that. any input from you guys? origin doesnt have the greatest selection of games tbh.

games i do like for reference are typically rpgs or shooters(already have bf3), oblivion and skyrim are some of my favorite games ever so that might help for suggestions? i would also prefer a game that is pretty good graphically, or has good HD addons. witcher 2 is pretty taxing game isnt it?
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

I've heard amazing things about The Witcher 2, and it is supposed to have really great graphics.
    Darksiders 2 is also a cool game, but very different than The Wither 2 or Skyrim. It probably closest resembles the Legend of Zelda games in a lot of ways.
    i5 2500K | MSI GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600MHz

10+ Year Old Account
    If you like Oblivion and Skyrim, and want a game that has good graphics then I would suggest getting The Witcher 2.

I have not played Darksiders 2, I did play the first game. In my opinion the Witcher 2 is a lot better.
    Faith Alone is Not Enough to Stop all the Enemies of the Light!
    - Retribution Paladin since 2007.

Burning Blade EU

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Jesus christ, I just agreed with Jaylock. I need to go and have a shower.

The Witcher 2 is amazing, get it. I honestly can't think of a better game to buy. Especially if you like rpg's.

Edit: Yes, Witcher is a taxing game on most systems, especially in the first scene. You can ramp it up once you get out of the forest area.
    Last edited by Jakexe; 2012-10-13 at 05:54 PM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    awesome, done deal, thanks guys. i was leaning towards it anyways just needed someone to push me over the edge:P
    Intel i5-2500k@4.4ghz
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3
    Gigabyte N560OC 1gb gpu
    Corsair 2x4gb
    Antec v2 Two Hundred
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
    Razer Naga

Deleted
    < pirating is bad. >
    Last edited by llDemonll; 2012-10-15 at 03:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    honestly both games are pretty good, i'd get both.

---------- Post added 2012-10-13 at 08:10 PM ----------

honestly both games are pretty good, i'd get both. If you dont already have dragon age origins and dragon age 2, or mass effect 2 and 3. I'd get those before either of the other options.

10+ Year Old Account
    As previously stated, Witcher 2. Its an amazing game with a lot of good characters and storytelling. Its a much darker fantasy world, and Geralt is an excellent protagonist. Also, boobs. =)

I haven't played Darksiders 2 yet. Its still on my list, but I loved the first one. I hear the 2nd is even better. The storyline and setting are very interesting, and I found the puzzles in the first one to be fun and challenging. It was an IP I was really hoping had a sequel. The only downside is that I really liked War's character, so I'm not sure how much I will care for Death.

10+ Year Old Account
    < pirating is bad. >
    Last edited by llDemonll; 2012-10-15 at 03:55 AM.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.