Deleted

Setup for raiding old content?

Hey guys

me and a BM Hunter are raiding all the old content we never got to see,

I am currently 85 hes 86, both on the way to 90.

I wanted to know what spec and strat i should be following?

Ive been trying affliction with a voidlord to tank stuff but i die a lot and dps is poor (is this just because im not 90 and geared?)

I wondered what my best bet is as the only boss we have managed so far is fel reaver, we couldnt get through kael or any of sunwells bosses!

Currently trying SSC and we also want to do BT

Deleted
    Destruction with GoSup. Ember Tap is godlike for soloing, since affliction self healing was destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I solo things on my Warlock, level 90 w/ 468 ilevel. I usually go with GoSac, but GoSup (as zaheer12a said) is probably better due to having a Voidlord tank, no pushback, and all of that good stuff. As for your current situation, OP, I would suggest getting to 90 first. Then, when you are decently geared (450ish) soloing would be much easier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    I can see who votes against that, and I can ban. Just saying.

Deleted
    the problems i am having is geting hit loads from damage my voidlord is tanking, also i find it hard to generate burning embers off non experience yielding enemies, whats the fastest way to generate embers?. what should my rotation look like? im using GoSUP now.

Just send Void on the bosses and keep on healing him as long as his health is low.

When Void is high on health you should use your normal rotation to do some dps.

And for burning embers you just need to do normal rotation, it doesn't mater if they don't give XP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you using Soul Link? If you are taking too much damage that way, switch to another talent and try that out.
    What is your tier 1 talent? I would suggest Soul leech if you are taking constant damage, Dark Regeneration if it is in bursts (combine with other things such as Health Stone too).
    If there are a lot of enemies, use Fire and Brimstone Immolate, then Rain of Fire. You get a decent amount of Burning Embers this way
    Single target, just Immolate, Conflag, Incinerate. Not much else you can do.

Deleted
    thanks, when i try and level as destro i find myself just immolating then conflag and incinerate in constant circles and it takes ages, affliction seems a lot simpler

10+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty much it. If you have AoE, use Fire and Brimstone, if you have Single Target, use Chaos Bolt, but if you're taking a bit of damage, use Ember tap.
    A little tip, don't forget Havoc! If you are fighting two people, and one is really low, Havoc the higher one and Shadowburn the lower one to death. Massive burst damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fire Gives a Buff View Post
    That's pretty much it. If you have AoE, use Fire and Brimstone, if you have Single Target, use Chaos Bolt, but if you're taking a bit of damage, use Ember tap.
    A little tip, don't forget Havoc! If you are fighting two people, and one is really low, Havoc the higher one and Shadowburn the lower one to death. Massive burst damage.
    yea i think the key here is being 90 rather than any rotation or spec, 85 in wotlk quest gear didnt cut it!