Deleted

Levelling a pet OR catching a pet

In your opinion what's the best way...

Levelling a pet from 1-25?
    or
    Jump levels by catching higher level pets?

Both systems work!

Just make sure you have the required gym badge, or else your pokemon won't obey you.

Deleted
    Adder i choose you!

Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    Both systems work!

Just make sure you have the required gym badge, or else your pokemon won't obey you.
    I hate it when they disobey, sometimes they hit them self for no reason at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer leveling, but that's just years of ingrained PokeTraining kicking in. Personally, I train extra pets to sell!

But both should work, since Battle Pets don't have EVs and moves that can only be learned at x level etc.
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

I also just levelled my pets as well. I have 2 lvl 16 pets and a lvl 17 and I really enjoy levelling them and it doesn't take long. I recommend levelling because in all of those pet battles you are more likely to encounter a rare quality pet that you can use for your team

10+ Year Old Account
    At the moment, I'm leveling, because none of the rares I catch are for pets I want to fight with.

Deleted
    I'm not really fussed for rares.....

I prefer to level a pet from 1 to maximum by hand. I don't think it has ANY effect on their final stats in Warcraft, but it's a holdover from my Pokemon days.

In Pokemon, a hand-leveled Pokemon would always have better stats than a wild-caught of the same level.

I levelled both ways my team consists, of my Onyxia Whelp (the anniversary one) levelled from 1-25, a Lava crab (rare) which I caught and it was level 15 ish, and a sporeling sprout (rare) which was around the level 18 mark I believe, (of course I have a few pets around those levels too that I had levelled before replacing them with the ones I caught).

So really it makes not much difference, just what you prefer

I'm also not really worried about their quality, common/uncommon is fine for me, as I am more a pet collector rather than super into the actual battling side of things

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I'm not really fussed for rares.....
    Well rare quality pets have an advantage because they gain more stats when they level compared to lesser quality versions of the same pet so rares are kind of important :P

Someone catch a lowbie rare, level it up then compare it to a captured high level pet. Theorycrafters, we need you!

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Someone catch a lowbie rare, level it up then compare it to a captured high level pet. Theorycrafters, we need you!
    The trick is, it'll have to be the same type of pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    The trick is, it'll have to be the same type of pet.
    Well, yeah. I probably should've specified that. If anyone wants to try it, I'd recommend the Fawn, found in Elwynn at a low level and Grizzly Hills at a much higher level.

Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Well, yeah. I probably should've specified that. If anyone wants to try it, I'd recommend the Fawn, found in Elwynn at a low level and Grizzly Hills at a much higher level.
    Wish I had more high levels but just have my main team which are all lvl 19 now. However I do have a lvl 1 toad that is rare and 1 that is poor quality. The rare has 11 more health, 2 more attack power and 3 more attack speed so I can really see that making a difference in higher levels

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    Wish I had more high levels but just have my main team which are all lvl 19 now. However I do have a lvl 1 toad that is rare and 1 that is poor quality. The rare has 11 more health, 2 more attack power and 3 more attack speed so I can really see that making a difference in higher levels
    Yep it does make quite a significant difference. I'd say it's important to have your main team at least all at "uncommon" qualities, if you don't have the patience to hunt a rare. Difference between uncommon and rare isn't too bad, and uncommon will make your battles/capturing go by much easier. If you intend to take part in pvp pet battles though, I'd go for all rares.. cos a lot of the trainers out there are.
    fr
    OT though: up to personal preference. As others have mentioned stat differences only occur between levels/quality of pet. A freshly caught level 20 uncommon Brown Marmot has the same stats as an uncommon Brown Marmot levelled to 20 from 1.

Don't forget higher level pets will delevel when you catch them, like 1 or 2 levels depending how high they were.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    Well rare quality pets have an advantage because they gain more stats when they level compared to lesser quality versions of the same pet so rares are kind of important :P
    Only really if you're competitive. I'm more into collecting than actually being a pro pet battler