Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuggan View Post
    Sorry, I've missed this, but why is Garrosh being de-throned?
    Because players refuse to acknowledge the great benefits he has brought to the horde due to the poor implementation of his exploits in a manner that players can understand (i.e. it requires them to read). Thus the writers have decided to make him a Conqueror rather than an Iconic Orc Warchief.

He brought the Horde glory in Northrend and has significantly improved their position in Kalimdor. Darn him, that stupid, useless Orc!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Also, didn't answer my question. The orcs, the largest body of fights within the horde, will need to be lead. And they are not going to be commanded by a none orc. So, who would become there leader?
    ....Uh. Thrall?

He is still, you know, alive.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    Because players refuse to acknowledge the great benefits he has brought to the horde due to the poor implementation of his exploits in a manner that players can understand (i.e. it requires them to read). Thus the writers have decided to make him a Conqueror rather than an Iconic Orc Warchief.

He brought the Horde glory in Northrend and has significantly improved their position in Kalimdor. Darn him, that stupid, useless Orc!!!!
    I don't get it, he epitomises everything about the Horde. Killing, pain, pillaging etc. The guy's BAD ASS!
    Legendary Blogging - http://www.fugpugs.com/

Deleted

He brought ALOT of honor to the horde, but he is going nuts right now.

Deleted
    I'd like Vol'jin to be the next Warchief. I haven't encountered him that much, but I remember him being pretty rational and calm, if I remember correctly. Trolls are awesome as well, so that's a plus. I'm Alliance...but if Vol'Jin becoming Warchief means that Orgrimmar will maybe return to how it used to look, then I'm all for it. Screw the messy darkened steel, I want a calm Orgrimmar again. ;P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    I'd like Vol'jin to be the next Warchief. I haven't encountered him that much, but I remember him being pretty rational and calm, if I remember correctly. Trolls are awesome as well, so that's a plus. I'm Alliance...but if Vol'Jin becoming Warchief means that Orgrimmar will maybe return to how it used to look, then I'm all for it. Screw the messy darkened steel, I want a calm Orgrimmar again. ;P
    To be honest, this Orgrimmar is much more of a city then the old, the old was hard to defend and barely resistant to attacks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintank View Post
    To be honest, this Orgrimmar is much more of a city then the old, the old was hard to defend and barely resistant to attacks
    Well, are you talking about lore wise or in game raids on the City? If the latter, they could just keep the same layout, but take away all the steel and make it nice and calm again. Though, oh how I miss chilling out on the bank roof at night with the nice music and the occasional dog barking in the background. (or wolf howling, whatever that sound was.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    Well, are you talking about lore wise or in game raids on the City? If the latter, they could just keep the same layout, but take away all the steel and make it nice and calm again. Though, oh how I miss chilling out on the bank roof at night with the nice music and the occasional dog barking in the background. (or wolf howling, whatever that sound was.)
    I dont think making city out of flammable material is good decision. I think thats the reason why it was vandalized during pre-cata event.

Iconic Orc Warchiefs -are- conquerors. Your entire argument falls flat.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you mean Glory.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    I think you mean Glory.
    Yeah glory, soz

Sorry, I've missed this, but why is Garrosh being de-throned?
    Because he is a warmongering bloodthirsty idiot tyrant that in two years has almost destroyed the Horde that took so long to build and resisted the attacks of the Alliance for so long.

He cant lead anything because he doesnt know anything other than killing to solve the problems. he is not better than the Queen of Diamonds in Alice in Wonderlands sayoing "Off with his head" at every single being that doesnt obey his stupid wishes.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 04:24 PM ----------

I don't get it, he epitomises everything about the Horde. Killing, pain, pillaging etc. The guy's BAD ASS!
    He epitomise everything about what is called the Old Horde, the horde that was subjugated by Kil'jaeden, Burning legion and Gul'dan, which was the worst era of the horde.

The guy is an idiot skilled grunt, nothing more than that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Because he is a warmongering bloodthirsty idiot tyrant that in two years has almost destroyed the Horde that took so long to build and resisted the attacks of the Alliance for so long.

He cant lead anything because he doesnt know anything other than killing to solve the problems. he is not better than the Queen of Diamonds in Alice in Wonderlands sayoing "Off with his head" at every single being that doesnt obey his stupid wishes.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 04:24 PM ----------

He epitomise everything about what is called the Old Horde, the horde that was subjugated by Kil'jaeden, Burning legion and Gul'dan, which was the worst era of the horde.

The guy is an idiot skilled grunt, nothing more than that.
    Ur not entirely right... he gained more land and ground then Thrall ever did

Honor? he doesnt know the meaning of that word... I havent seen such a honorless member of the horde since the start of WoW.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 04:26 PM ----------

Ur not entirely right... he gained more land and ground then Thrall ever did
    Which has nothing to do with what i said. Land is not everything.

Also, Thrall gained all the land the horde had untill Garroosh took over. Thrall started the horde without any land, so no, Garrosh did not gained more land than Thrall.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 04:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I dont think making city out of flammable material is good decision. I think thats the reason why it was vandalized during pre-cata event.
    Making the city not flamable =/= than making Orgrimmar look like Hellfire Citadel. he could choose any design and type of metal available, and he decided to make it look like a city made by the Burning legion controlled horde.

"Significant" might be a bit much. It's not about taking land, it's more about keeping land when the dust settles. When it comes to this he failed miserably.

Brought glory in Northrend? Most of the actions taken were alluded to have been due to the machinations of Saurfang, not choices done by Garrosh.

Remember, Garrosh actually sent the Horde player to his death in Borean Tundra. We wouldn't be alive if not for Saurfang's intervention. All of his commanders were also rather inept outside of Angmar, we even had to kill one in Grizzly Hills for spending more time beating up her own forces then sending them on successful campaigns.

As for improving his position in Kalimdor, what has he really improved? He pushed far into Darkshore, only to get the troll tribe he recruited entirely exterminated. His forces in Ashenvale seem to be strong, except for the fact the novel, Wolfheart, points out that they later lost the region and were pushed from Ashenvale by the Night Elves and Varian. He made strong fortifications in Stonetalon Mountains, only to disband them after killing Krom'gar. He even lost half the Barrens, which for a long time was almost entirely dominated by the Horde, making it so the Tauren had to block off Mulgore with a massive wall just to survive. Even the destruction of Theramore, which can be seen as the largest blow to date, didn't stop the survivors from keeping a foothold in the region.

Then you have to take into account political issues. He almost drove out the Darkspear Tribe, which would have cut down the power of the Horde greatly. He has since even since chased a schism with the Blood Elves, making Lor'Themar consider leaving the faction. On top of that his action lead to one of the neutral faction that helped him in the north, the Kirin Tor, join back together with the Alliance.

By the time all this is done, the homeland of the orcs is going to be a burning ruin that will have to be rebuilt, all because of Garrosh. So tell me, what actually had he "gained"?

Deleted
    Honor? he doesnt know the meaning of that word... I havent seen such a honorless member of the horde since the start of WoW.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 04:26 PM ----------

Which has nothing to do with what i said. Land is not everything.

Also, Thrall gained all the land the horde had untill Garroosh took over. Thrall started the horde without any land, so no, Garrosh did not gained more land than Thrall.

---------- Post added 2012-10-16 at 04:28 PM ----------

Making the city not flamable =/= than making Orgrimmar look like Hellfire Citadel. he could choose any design and type of metal available, and he decided to make it look like a city made by the Burning legion controlled horde.
    I made a mistype, I ment glory, and go do stonetalon, he knows honor thank you.

In all the periods of Thrall being warchief post Warcraft, he has gained more ground then Thrall.

I made a mistype, I ment glory, and go do stonetalon, he knows honor thank you.

In all the periods of Thrall being warchief post Warcraft, he has gained more ground then Thrall.

Oh i went to stonetalon, and no he has no honor. He want his commanders to have the honor he doesnt have. he makes a massacre to a sinking alliance boat even when theyw ere no threat when he is returning from Northrend. Then he takes the kor'kron to try to massacre the quilboars only to almost get killed and almost losing Gorehowl, then he uses a bomb to destroy Theramore even when he killed the commander for doing such a thing.

he only has "honor" when that "honor" doesnt stop him from killing someone, which means he doesnt really have any honor.

And glory? No, he didnt brought Glory to the Horde either, he only brought shame, the same shame people like Gul'dan and Blackhand brought.

About land gained, yes if you took the times when Thrall didnt even tried to gain land Garrosh would have won more, even when he lost it after. The fact ios that Thrall gained A LOT more land than garrosh while he was Warchief. You are just handpicking a timeframe you choose just to make it look Garrosh is better than he is
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2012-10-16 at 07:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    And glory? No, he didnt brought Glory to the Horde either, he only brought shame, the same shame people like Gul'dan and Blackhand brought.
    Not according to the majority of Orcs.

Wait, are you serious? I hope you are joking.

Let me give you a little info here, but before Thrall and the events during WC3 and WoW, the orcs had nothing. Zip, Zero, Ziltch. The vast majority were imprisoned. During his time, he claimed Durotar, constructed Orgrimmar, established near complete control of the Barrens, and rebuild a scattering of camps around the world, from Grom'gol to Kargath. Even not counting what he gained for the orcs themselves, he was also the one that brought in the Darkspear, the Tauren, the Forsaken, and later, it was by his word the Blood Elves joined. Even the Goblins, though they came in during a time Garrosh was Warchief, joined because of Thrall.

Without Thrall and the Horde he established, Garrosh would be still running a little camp of dopes in Nagrand crying his eyes out while the rest of his people on Azeroth squandered in camps without any race willing to befriend them. The strength of Garrosh's Horde was built off the backbone that Thrall established, and couldn't exist without it.

And you dare say he gained more land, a bunch of land he only succeeded in squandering half of it away.
    Last edited by Grocalis; 2012-10-16 at 07:53 PM.

My money's on Thrall pulling a Jay Leno with a small army of shiesty goblin lawyers at his back. He always was a glory hog.