Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It HAS to be Rexxar....

unless it's Thrall....

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    If you watch the interview where Metzen says that we will get our Warchief back, the prahse comes in a part of the interview where is is talking about Thrall and in the middle of a huge outcry about Thrall leaving the horde. And, the horde know who is our Warchief. I get that some allaiance folks didnt got that, but when he said that we knew exactly who he was talking about.

So, i gave evidence, pretty good evidence, while you gave nothing, not a single thing to support your claim of Thrall being impossible to come back as Warchief.
    My point is your parsing evidence and filling in unsaid blanks in an area in which is you are right there is no reason to leave anything unsaid. If Thrall was returning, then they would have just said Thrall is coming back. There would be no need to figure out what they mean in the context in which they mean it.

Besides Grocalis's link pretty much seals the deal on your "evidence".

Quote Originally Posted by Lavannah View Post
    Actually at the end of the Shattering he asks to have the armor sent back to Orgrimmar, since it's part of their culture (I think I'm paraphrasing, my nook is dead and the hardcopy is buried under art supplies)

I have my own thoughts as to how Thrall fits in to overthrowing Garrosh, but that's for a different thread lol.
    I might be forgetting that, but i had in my head that he decided to leave the armor in Mulgore.

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 12:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    My point is your parsing evidence and filling in unsaid blanks in an area in which is you are right there is no reason to leave anything unsaid. If Thrall was returning, then they would have just said Thrall is coming back. There would be no need to figure out what they mean in the context in which they mean it.

Besides Grocalis's link pretty much seals the deal on your "evidence".
    No, thats only a partial evidence.

Another evidence is the fact that its the only one that makes sense.

We come from a guy we didnt knew how he weas going to rule turning into a tyrant, any society where that happens WILL refuge themselves in a leader they trust and know exactly how he is going to lead, because they cant risk to have another leader that turns out to be a tyrant again.

The only horde member that the whole Horde knows how he elads and that his leadership is a fair one is Thrall.

And no, if he ways Thrall is coming back, he would be interpreted like Thrall coming back to the horde but not as warchief. When he says You wil have your Warchief back, he is saying that Thrall not only will come back, but he will come back AS WARCHIEF.

That's why he uses the word Warchief.

And again, Zarhym is a community manager, he has no say in the lore and its just trying to leave some suspense.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2012-10-15 at 03:35 PM.

Deleted
    Vol'Jin isn't a great leader. He will always be the Robin to the Batman. He probably is going to help dethrone Garrosh, though. But he won't be taking the throne. I'm guessing Lor'Themar would obviously be a good guess since it's mentioned in the new audio-leak, that he would be a good Warchief. Also, he's got the balls to tame the wild beast that is The Horde, while Vol'Jin probably wouldn't even mind if The Horde disbanded.

I might be forgetting that, but i had in my head that he decided to leave the armor in Mulgore.

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 12:34 PM ----------

No, thats only a partial evidence.

Another evidence is the fact that its the only one that makes sense.

We come from a guy we didnt knew how he weas going to rule turning into a tyrant, any society where that happens WILL refuge themselves in a leader they trust and know exactly how he is going to lead, because they cant risk to have another leader that turns out to be a tyrant again.

The only horde member that the whole Horde knows how he elads and that his leadership is a fair one is Thrall.

And no, if he ways Thrall is coming back, he would be interpreted like Thrall coming back to the horde but not as warchief. When he says You wil have your Warchief back, he is saying that Thrall not only will come back, but he will come back AS WARCHIEF.

That's why he uses the word Warchief.

And again, Zarhym is a community manager, he has no say in the lore and its just trying to leave some suspense.
    Like I said to start, we only know two characters who won't be Warchief. One is Garrosh and the other is Thrall.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Whatever. Whats happened here is all of you jumped on the latest bandwagon and suddenly believe because a lore character gets some attention, that must make them the central role.

People said the same thing with Jaina and tides of war, that Varian was going to die and Jaina was going to be leader of the alliance. OH Wait, no, it didn't go that way.

Just because Vol'jin gets some attention doesn't even make this argument sensical in the slightest, people just jump on the latest tib bits of lore and think they have it all figured out.

Its the whole difference between a logical idea, and those having common sense.
    so your "theories" and bashing other people's opinions got you completely owned lorewise, and you go "Whatever you're wrong anyway"? LOL!

Voljin would be an amusing warchief, but realistic? no idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    That doesn't exactly sound right to be honest lol
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=10429
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=43189

Hello! Theres two Warchiefs that aren't "of the Horde".

Like I said to start, we only know two characters who won't be Warchief. One is Garrosh and the other is Thrall.

And like i said, the Vp of Creative Development hinted TWO TIMES ALREADY that Thrall will be. Your claim of us knowing that Thrall wont be has no basis whatsoever.

You look like the people that for months claimed that this expansion wasnt going to be about pandas, even when Blizzard had copyrighted the name mists of Pandaria.
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2012-10-15 at 03:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=10429
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=43189

Hello! Theres two Warchiefs that aren't "of the Horde".
    You forgot one.
    http://www.wowhead.com/npc=16808
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you watch the interview where Metzen says that we will get our Warchief back, the prahse comes in a part of the interview where is is talking about Thrall and in the middle of a huge outcry about Thrall leaving the horde. And, the horde know who is our Warchief. I get that some allaiance folks didnt got that, but when he said that we knew exactly who he was talking about.

So, i gave evidence, pretty good evidence, while you gave nothing, not a single thing to support your claim of Thrall being impossible to come back as Warchief.

---------- Post added 2012-10-15 at 12:28 PM ----------

Blizzard didnt said No. A blue poster (which is NOT a developer and has NO SAY in the lore) is trying to give people a sense of suspense.

Seriously people, the man that has more influence in the lore in the whole Blizzard tells you that our Warchief is coming back and thunder is coming and you reply with a community manager saying that might not be entirely accurate?
    you dont think theres even the slightest bit of a chance that metzen was doing the exact same thing zahrym was? trying to build suspense in getting people to believe that thrall was going to become warchief again?

you can easily interpret what metzen says as two different things. yes its possible that he's coming back as warchief or its possible hes coming back as a badass to whoop garrosh. i take metzens twitter comment of "thunder is coming" as more of a "thralls fury is rising" type deal, not a concrete statement proving that he's going to be warchief again

And like i said, the Vp of Creative Development hinted TWO TIMES ALREADY that Thrall will be. Your claim of us knowing that Thrall wont be has no basis whatsoever.
    The first hint was already discredited, you have simply chosen to ignore it. The second hint is nothing. Bringing the Thunder has no meaning what so ever, it could mean any number of things.

Zarhym is a blue poster, when he posts he is acting as representative of the company. He can't just post anything he wants whenever he wants. So when he says Thrall is not going to be it, and does not remove the post or have it corrected it means he was speaking for the company and yes that includes whatever VP of creative development may have said at some point.

You can denigrate what what a post from Zarhym means because you really don't like what he said, but it does not change that fact that it still is an official post on the subject and that the company simply by leaving it there supports it.

If you actually knew anything about Metzen, the only thing he actually ever abides by is the "Rule of Cool", he very well may bring back Thrall, but he also might just be attempting to make us think it was Thrall because he wants it to be more interesting when the actual event happens. He has played the bait and switch before.

Even then, he is notorious for not knowing everything about the story, which lead to gaffs like the Eredar/Draenei debacle or when the Red Shirt Guy pointed out he had already broken the establishment of Falstad on the Council of Three Hammers that was shown in The Shattering. It was one of the rare times he went back on something because a fan pointed out he totally spaced on it.

Here's a thought. What if they were slowly changing things around between Horde/alliance. While the horde was once under a single warchief, they become more of a council of racial leaders deciding. Meanwhile, the alliance has slowly morphed so that now they are following their High King. It's an interesting dynamic that plays well into the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Edlarel View Post
    Here's a thought. What if they were slowly changing things around between Horde/alliance. While the horde was once under a single warchief, they become more of a council of racial leaders deciding. Meanwhile, the alliance has slowly morphed so that now they are following their High King. It's an interesting dynamic that plays well into the story.
    I don't really see them going so far as to form a complete council government. The "Warchief" is too iconic to remove. More then likely whoever does take the mantle will be like Thrall was, diplomatic and taking into consideration the other races in the faction, rather then Garrosh, who just says "I own you" and makes them do whatever he pleases.

This is one of the reasons Vol'jin would make a good one. His ideals are very close to Thrall.

As for Thrall, I do see him coming back, but in the same way Malfurion returned to the Night Elves. He will act like an adviser and help guide the new Warchief a bit more hands-on to make sure it does not become another Garrosh situation, but will not officially join in such a capacity that he is at war with the Alliance again on a personal level.

What if we don't get a new warchief but a war council with representation of all members of the horde?

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    you dont think theres even the slightest bit of a chance that metzen was doing the exact same thing zahrym was? trying to build suspense in getting people to believe that thrall was going to become warchief again?

you can easily interpret what metzen says as two different things. yes its possible that he's coming back as warchief or its possible hes coming back as a badass to whoop garrosh. i take metzens twitter comment of "thunder is coming" as more of a "thralls fury is rising" type deal, not a concrete statement proving that he's going to be warchief again

The context of the first time he said it, coupled with him loving Thrall as Warchief, being the one that made the lore since W3 up to today coupled with being the only one that makes sense because of the reasons i explained before, i think the chances of Thrall not being Warchief again are very, very low.

Didn't thrall have a son or something? That could easily be the next war-chief.

The first hint was already discredited, you have simply chosen to ignore it. The second hint is nothing. Bringing the Thunder has no meaning what so ever, it could mean any number of things.

Zarhym is a blue poster, when he posts he is acting as representative of the company. He can't just post anything he wants whenever he wants. So when he says Thrall is not going to be it, and does not remove the post or have it corrected it means he was speaking for the company and yes that includes whatever VP of creative development may have said at some point.

You can denigrate what what a post from Zarhym means because you really don't like what he said, but it does not change that fact that it still is an official post on the subject and that the company simply by leaving it there supports it.
    No one discredited the first quote. And you dont even know the context of thunder is coing. Someone was asking by tweet if Thrall would return, and he said of course, thunder is coming.

Time will tell, but all real hint as well as the lore indicates that Thrall will be coming back. he is already leaving his snooze stance in the 5.1 patch, as we see in this very thread, and returning to the Horde politics, there would luiterally make no sense to put another one in charge. Everyone in the horde respects Thrall and his leadership, and we just get out of a tyrants hands.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The context of the first time he said it, coupled with him loving Thrall as Warchief, being the one that made the lore since W3 up to today coupled with being the only one that makes sense because of the reasons i explained before, i think the chances of Thrall not being Warchief again are very, very low.
    that is your opinion and you are most definately entitled to it, i however respectfully disagree

I hate these "Calling it now" post, its not like your the first to say this, people have been posting this since cata. Plus i doubt it will be anyone that isn't an orc, im sure Vol'jin will have a big part in the Finale but he is no where near being warchief, its a fact that they have to replace Garrosh as the leader of the orcs. They just do the orcs have to have a Leader, and whoever this is will be the Warchief even if they do decide to lose the title or even if they give the title away to say Vol'jin, he won't be standing in the throne room of Orgimmar any time soon and no one will think of him as they're real leader.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!